Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Heroes of Furytactics(ABANDONED): Discussion of future games(For the emprah)  (Read 23985 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

So I decided, I'm going to DM a D&D campaign.  I've DMed before, but never with a competent group.  I've always played with my brother and sister, who weren't the best people to play with, and I never had a group make it past level 9(I believe it was 9.  Highest they ever got before they got bored).  I admit I had a hand in this too, I was never a very good DM.  I've gotten it figured out now though, and I am confident I can do well.

Here's where things get interesting.  I genned up a world, found an interesting location, and am now modifying the rules to allow D&D in Dwarf Fortress.  It's going to be a loosely DF-themed world, but not too loose.

The campaign will need four players, starting at level 1, using 4-1d6 rolling for stats(As in, roll four and discard the lowest).  If I suspect shenanigans, or if people fear shenanigans, I'll roll them myself and put them up for the players to choose.

If you're not one of the first four, you can still roll a character if you want, and you may be recruited later if a character dies.  No promises though, I'm not as brutal as some DMs(Which is why I use a generous stat-rolling system).

DA RULEZ

Clerics will choose one of the gods of their civilization, detailed below.  Since elves worship an impersonal force, they cannot be clerics, instead using druids as the religious arm of society.

Spoiler: Human Gods(DF Domain): (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarven Gods: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elven Force: (click to show/hide)

THE WORLD AS YOU KNOW IT

This is the extent of your current knowledge(Dwarves and Elves will likely know of lands farther out, but for now we'll deal here).
This is only a small fraction of the entire realm, but going farther out will have to wait until you're prepared.
The southernmost human town is Furytactics.  Other towns will be fleshed out as we go.

THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN

As said before, campaign is for four players, 4-1d6 stat-rolling.  I recommend this Javascript character creator for your character creating needs, but if you're used to something else, go for it.

Of course, you can also use this as a reference, but keep in mind that I'm not familiar with most of the supplements.  If it's not in the core rulebooks, it probably won't be taken.

Names should be normal DF names, with subraces using names for their civilization.  Feel free to randomly generate names via Dwarf Fortress.

Each character will have 200g to spend on starting equipment.

CHARACTERS

Spoiler: Pandarsenic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aqizzar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CJ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Theevilmonk (click to show/hide)

Questions, comments, characters, suggestions?

Questions, comments, characters, suggestions?

EDIT:  I forgot, Goblin cities will not be clusters of obsidian towers, on the grounds that I hate them.  They'll be castles built into the mountainsides, sort of like Helms Deep but not as well-made, and more sinister.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:53:26 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Can we get a lizardman?  ???
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Lizardmen are violent, primitive cave creatures, so no.
Shoes...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Lizardmen are violent, primitive cave creatures, so no.
Tell me how this is different from a DF player, and then I'll stop asking.
Owned!
If I sound really stupid, it's because it's really late. G'night, everybody.

Oh and I'm in enough forum stuff to tide me over for a while. I'm not going to be greedy.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:03:36 am by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Lizardmen do not have a civilization, do not communicate or use equipment, and have no dealings with humans.  There's just no justification for -man PCs.
Shoes...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

Can I reserve a spot?

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:02:47 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

You can submit a character, but it's going to be first-submitted first-served, so don't dilly dally too terribly much.
Shoes...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

Whats the attribute roll? I cannot find 4-1d6 on this char gen.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I don't see it either.  It's probably standard, though.
Shoes...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

Alright.

Can my name be Ozymandias? I have no idea what a gnome name is.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Placeholder being the name. Sorry I can't cut unnecessary bits, got to go to work.

If Ozymandias is acceptable, replace Place holder with Ozymandias. If not, Cog Metalgear, Dwarven name, I know.

Also: I don't know what equipment you were going to allow so I let the char gen do the default equipment :3

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

I'm so in.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Gnomes use Dwarf Names.  Halflings use Human Names.  Half-Elves use the names of the civilization they choose.

Pick 200g worth of equipment and cobble together a bit of a backstory(You don't need much, just the character's reason for living in human civilization and maybe some aspirations or the like) and I'll put the character up.  Cog Metalgear is an acceptable name.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:18:05 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what version is it? if its 3.5 im in. I also have almost every 3.5 book in existance and can link anything you want to you. I also want to be a Hexblade ^^

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I don't know anything about hexblades, sorry.  I'd prefer if you stuck with the core classes.

And jeez I am absent-minded today.  Forgetting everything.  3.5e indeed.
Shoes...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Can I just be straight-up human?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18