Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: best tomb sites built  (Read 699 times)

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
best tomb sites built
« on: July 28, 2009, 10:29:41 pm »

post em. just made this one, i don't know how i'm gonna decorate it, but i'm pretty sure it's gonna be skull totems.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: best tomb sites built
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 11:03:46 pm »

Designate the crossbones as a custom stockpile that only accepts bones, totems, and skulls.
Put the coffin lined up between the eyes exactly.
Only smooth a path leading from the base of the skull to the coffin, and an area around the coffin.
Next to the coffin, place an armour stand and weapon rack.
In front of it, place a chest.
Behind it, statue.
In symmetrical positions within the skull, chain up some skeletal creatures, if none are available, use wild animals.
Trap it like you would an entry hall.

Freki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 12:11:36 am »

While I don't have any screenshots of it, my favourite tomb was one for my legendary champion in an old fort - she had 70-something goblin kills to her name, legendary armor user, shield user, hammerdwarf, axedwarf, swordsdwarf and I think I was just preparing for spear training when I got bored of the fort. I generally sent her out alone to deal with sieges.

Well, her and her multitude of short-lived babies.

Her tomb was surrounded by a lake of magma with pillars of rock topped with statues scattered through it. The floors of the large chamber were filled with masterful engravings of her many military victories, and as she liked totems the floors were covered with trophies of the many goblin attacks she had either helped repulse or done it single-handedly. Two coffins of her favourite metal were present for her and her (highly skilled armoursmith) husband.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 12:18:09 am »

Now that has the seeds of some good fiction there. A husband and wife, one a veteran military dwarf, the other an armorer. The husband would be driven to make the best armor he was capable of, one would think... knowing it might save his wife's life.

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 07:24:32 am »

Well, her and her multitude of short-lived babies.

Ahh the babyshield. The most effective armor available to the dwarves.
Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".