Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Legendary Mechanic: a Text (and possibly illustrated) Adventure  (Read 13328 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Legendary Mechanic: a Text (and possibly illustrated) Adventure
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2009, 03:55:47 am »

Cog Metalgear is not amused. His wonderful device failed to activate. The cursed noble skipped over the pressure plate!

Well that just means we need more of them!

>Rig up 3 more pressure plates similarly, so that there is no way a dwarf could leap them. As a bonus, this may cause additional slappins as they trigger it multiple times.
>Spend some time adjusting the length of the arm so that it can reach any triggered square, and altering the mechanism so that it targets the area above whichever pressure plate triggers it.
>Does anyone have any plump helmets, or perhaps a nice -puppy tallow biscuit-?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2009, 04:10:56 am »

>Grab several vermin and lock them in cages, if none are around look for some rock and craft some mini rat-sized cages with small air-holes in them and a hinge with a little wood block on the door that you had to lift up so it would swing open. From there trap them and put them somewhere safe, after said thing is done go to a nobles room whilst he is partying and move the bed over, channel out the old bed's spot and go down and put the rats in, link a strong-ish support up so the rats cant get to it, the support to a pressure plate suspended by it, once the pressure plates go the buckets of water you dug  above, by digging out the spot and filling barrels of water in there, then clsoing the floodgate and linking it to the pressure plate, afterward push the bed back over so when the noble gets on he will fall through, set the plate, trigger the water and have rats on him. then proceed to through a flaming bottle of dwarven beer down there and watch it burn.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2009, 06:30:30 am »

Frustrated, you decide to just ad so damn many pressure plates that she simply CANT do that again.
You grab a bunch of rocks, head back to your workshop, make another 3 plates, and then go down and hook them all up to the slapper. You adjust the slapping arm so it can slap appropriately to what plate is triggered. The trap is set.
You realize you didn't eat any breakfast this morning, and head down to the dining hall for a plump helmet, you enter the dini- WOW this really IS a place of LEGEND! You're ECSTATIC! ^_^
You proceed to eat the helmet, while eating you see the metalsmith who report your pipes are finished. You contemplate a finely arranged practical joke you could do but you don't have access to the nobles bedrooms and the whole slapping thing will get you into enough trouble as it is already. You finish your meal.
>_
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2009, 06:33:14 am »

>Over breakfast, draw up plans for the automated noble slapper and then go hide them in the unfortunate soap-maker's coffer.
>Work out a good cover story about how the evil soap-maker asked you to design the machine without telling you what it was for, and you thought it would harvest plump helmets.
>Plan to present captured soap-maker to hammerer for justice.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2009, 07:08:03 am »

Over breakfast you draw up plans for the automated noble slapper and once finished you go hide them in the unfortunate soap-maker's coffer.
You then work out a good cover story about how the evil soap-maker asked you to design the machine without telling you what it was for, and you thought it would harvest plump helmets. You plan to present the captured soapmaker to you wife.
>_
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2009, 07:10:47 am »

I feel like I'm the only one playing... or at least the only one following the rules. Someone else jump in here!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2009, 07:17:14 am »

((Me to, and even you ain't building anything truly epic, just a noble slapper.
I was hoping for something along the lines of my first ides for that Tesla tank in the other thread. Or at least something involving a Babbage machine. The most epic of course would be real steampunk stuff like in AKQ.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2009, 07:21:11 am »

((Me to, and even you ain't building anything truly epic, just a noble slapper.
I was hoping for something along the lines of my first ides for that Tesla tank in the other thread. Or at least something involving a Babbage machine. The most epic of course would be real steampunk stuff like in AKQ.))

((Well I was really just expanding on the first idea that was picked up, hoping more people would jump in. I have some ideas after this but wanted more people involved))

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2009, 07:23:25 am »

((yea, this first silly one is more to show how the game works than anything.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2009, 07:25:17 am »

((Seems simple enough, I guess some people just don't have the patience/imagination?))

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2009, 09:53:06 am »

>Since the pipes are ready, set up the steam generatoro/storage area. Get the water flow pipe first, with a cutoff valve near the source, set up the water piping and pump, prepare the heat transfer loops, and the storage tanks, link the levers to the emergency valve and ssteam release, and make sure that nothing needs to be altered and everything is magma-proof.
Install a last-minute extreme-pressure-triggered valve that releases steam if it approaches critical pressures.

Have an emergency water inlet to the magma chamber, with a closed valve operated from the other side of a wall.

Build all pipes through the walls/roofs/floors that connect directly to the magma chamber, so that no work is left to be done inside.

After ensuring that everything works, and all the backups as well, and the main cutoff valve is closed, and the magma pit is properly surrounded except on one side where you have installed window(If haven't now is a good time) above magma level, and the magma inlet of course, open magma flow until chamber is flooded to operating level and then close magma flow.
Open water flow to the boiling coils.

Ensure everything is functioning.

If so, commence primary pipe path, including a few valved junctions for future expansion, and some cutoff valves for future emergencies.

Close all junction valves(so the steam only has a single path to flow along for now) and the last valve that should be in your workshop. Ensure there are no leaks. Turn on the steam flow.

Create a pipe hub in your workshop, all connections closed except one.
Connect the open port to the automatic drawers. Install a pressure regulator on this line that will keep the pressure to the drawers under the maximum they can handle.
Open workshop valve after ensuring all pipes are again leak free.

Enjoy never having to manually open/close your workshop's drawers ever again.
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2009, 09:59:49 am »

Also, engrave warnings on available unused surfaces near pipes and valves warning that they contain hot substances and should not be touched under any circumstances.
Eh?
Eh!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2009, 10:31:39 am »

Also, engrave warnings on available unused surfaces near pipes and valves warning that they contain hot substances and should not be touched under any circumstances.
Pictures of flaming booze.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2009, 01:07:24 am »

>Since the pipes are ready, set up the steam generatoro/storage area. Get the water flow pipe first, with a cutoff valve near the source, set up the water piping and pump, prepare the heat transfer loops, and the storage tanks, link the levers to the emergency valve and ssteam release, and make sure that nothing needs to be altered and everything is magma-proof.
Install a last-minute extreme-pressure-triggered valve that releases steam if it approaches critical pressures.

Have an emergency water inlet to the magma chamber, with a closed valve operated from the other side of a wall.

Build all pipes through the walls/roofs/floors that connect directly to the magma chamber, so that no work is left to be done inside.

After ensuring that everything works, and all the backups as well, and the main cutoff valve is closed, and the magma pit is properly surrounded except on one side where you have installed window(If haven't now is a good time) above magma level, and the magma inlet of course, open magma flow until chamber is flooded to operating level and then close magma flow.
Open water flow to the boiling coils.

Ensure everything is functioning.

If so, commence primary pipe path, including a few valved junctions for future expansion, and some cutoff valves for future emergencies.

Close all junction valves(so the steam only has a single path to flow along for now) and the last valve that should be in your workshop. Ensure there are no leaks. Turn on the steam flow.

Create a pipe hub in your workshop, all connections closed except one.
Connect the open port to the automatic drawers. Install a pressure regulator on this line that will keep the pressure to the drawers under the maximum they can handle.
Open workshop valve after ensuring all pipes are again leak free.

Enjoy never having to manually open/close your workshop's drawers ever again.
You do all that.
>_

(yea, I gave up/am lazy. The part I'm actualy sory for is not doing this sooner.)
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2009, 06:24:38 am »

(Wait so you're giving up?)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9