Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Legendary Mechanic: a Text (and possibly illustrated) Adventure  (Read 13324 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Mechanic: a Text (and possibly illustrated) Adventure
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2009, 06:53:35 pm »

RIFLES: ESSENTIAL FOR NOBLE KILLING AND FIYAH

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2009, 07:04:34 pm »

Yessss....

Listen to the other voices for now.

Until the pipes are ready....

((Want to emulate the dwemer and create tools to ascend to godhood by tapping the power of the heart of a god?(ES1-3 only, 4 is utter crap elf!)))
Eh?
Eh!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2009, 09:23:40 pm »

Inspiration! We whittle out a cage trap from some small bit of stone and rig it with a small simple plate and lever which will cause the door to close. Put a bit of cheese on it and sit it near the food stockpile. Kitties love vermin! We can hang whatever we catch from the ceiling so the kitteh runs towards it, thus powering the greatest invention we've even conceived.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2009, 12:33:11 am »

Arrrrgggg, well I will put my plan here as well as my second plan.
((Sorry, you must have edited that to late after I alredy wrote my post so that I didnt notice. Not that Cog would have known what a "rifle" is anywyas))
((I removed a series of posts Armok wanted removed concerning Emperor Jonathan trolling the thread.  Please be considerate of thread creators' intentions.))
((Thanks! :D ))

While you wait for the pipes to finish, you make a pressure plate for the slapper, just standard issue so making and assembling the ~20 components masterfully out of a rock take only a few seconds.
You then get a cage trap, which already have those components due to that otherwise it'd only be a cage, and rig it down by the food stockpile whit a bit of cheese.
>_
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2009, 12:35:20 am »

Start on rifle design and start shooting elves when their caravan arrives

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2009, 12:35:26 am »

>Get bored of waiting for the cage trap to trap something, and suddenly realize that if we're near the food stockpile, that means there's booze nearby! Man am I thirsty...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2009, 12:38:38 am »

DRINK THE WHOLE STOCKPILE

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2009, 12:42:43 am »

(You have no idea what a rifle is, you must invent it first before you can use it as a component in other things, and you hapen to not have any gunpowder.)

You realize the work got you thirsty, and gulp another very dwarven amount of drink down your throat.
>_
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2009, 12:43:50 am »

Think of plans for non one shot crossbow with fire, call it a rifle, get ingredients and start building
Oh the gas I meant is the kind that comes out the back end, It IS flammable.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2009, 12:49:58 am »

>Install the noble-slapper next to the tax collector's bedroom, folding it out of sight.
>Install the pressure plate in the correct spot so that anyone stepping upon it will be slapped silly, assuming our feline power core is running.
>Check ye trap.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2009, 01:00:29 am »

You think of an idea of a crossbow that use chemical energy rather than mechanical, but you cant think of anything explosive enough to make it work.
You grab up the noble slapping stuff, and head down to the noble quarters and install it. Your masterful craft means only a dwarf would be able to detect it.
>_
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2009, 01:05:30 am »

>Return excitedly to check our vermin trap, hoping to have a fat demon rat inside or something the kitteh will enjoy chasing.
>Failing that, we could light the cat's tail on fire to make it run. Its not like we're going to RUN OUT of cats, after that blasted immigrant with his twelve pet cats breeding all over the place.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2009, 01:17:27 am »

You return to see if you have caught any vermin, and indeed you have: a soapmaker! He looks grumpy.
Maybe you'll just light the cats tail on fire instead, it's not like you'll run out of 'em.
>_
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2009, 01:21:57 am »

>Laugh at the soapmaker for getting caught in the cage, he must have eaten the cheese and fallen asleep.
>Consider overcomplicated methods of lighting a cat on fire, and conclude that it may be best to simply scare it.
>Set up a stone fall trap which will land behind the feline power core, causing a loud crash and scaring the cat which is chained to the treadmill. Link the stonefall trap to the pressure plate.

By armok I think we have working noble slapper!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2009, 03:46:01 am »

You laugh at the soapmaker for getting caught in the cage, then overlook to help him out.
You consider overcomplicated methods of lighting a cat on fire, and conclude that it may be best to simply scare it.
Finally you decide to simply set up a stone to fall behind the cat scaring it, tou make the required mechanism and link it up to the same presureplate as the slapper, and load it whit a rock. Then you switch the device on and run away a bit to observe what happens.

The baroness comes around the corner, carrying a ¤crystal glass drum¤ that she has claimed for her bedroom, she heads straight for the trap and...
Nothing happens, she skips over the pressure plate just as she does whit the hundreds of other weapon traps at the entrance. She disappears down another corridor.
>_
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9