Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Coriolanus Mafia or Time Travel Mafia [Vote Now!]  (Read 5655 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Coriolanus Mafia or Time Travel Mafia [Vote Now!]
« on: July 28, 2009, 09:05:47 pm »

Because webadict is still balancing Romeo and Juliet, I decide to launch this game instead.
Coriolanus is a play written by William Shakesphere, set in the early days of Republican Rome. I mean, literally the early days. The Roman Republic is a tiny city-state, waging a tribal war against the Volscians outside its walls, and dealing with civil strife within its walls.

It is a political play, dealing with themes of democracy vs. autocracy, revenge, anger issues, and the relationship of the mother and the son. It's not one of his most famous plays. English critics claim that it's a decent play, but it's not one of William's best work.

I say it's far better than Romeo and Juliet though. So, I made a Mafia based on it. It's okay if you haven't read it, in fact, it's a good idea, because then you won't get any meta data based on how the play goes.

11 Power Roles, already written. If I get more people, I'll make more power roles. Let see if there is interest first though.

Some notes:
1) We're playing Deep South. We start on Day 1, but all people must send in their night action before the Day ends. Once the Day ends, all night actions occur at once, and then the next Day begins.
2) Actions are reported just like Roemo and Juliet. Here's an example:
Curtain rises to show Menenius Agrippa and Coriolanus.

Menenius Agrippa arrives at Coriolanus' house.
Coriolanus: Who is at my fair door?
Menenius Agrippa: It is I, Mene---

A Mutinious Citizen runs in and stabs Menenius Agrippa in the back.

Mutinious Citizen: Let death be your adobe, fiend.
Menenius Agrippa: Curse you, you foul plebian!
Agrippa dies, Mutinious Citizen flees.

Coriolanus: The common folk are so brave as to commit crimes without fear of impunity? They shall soon know the error of their ways.
Curtians fall.
3) This is what you know:
*The Dramatis Persona. Basically, who are the characters in the play, and what side do they belong to.
*Your role and its ability(s)
3) Once you die, you roleflip.
4) There is a mechanic involving a Consul. The Consul has two votes, and will be appointed by a special faction in game. Destroying this faction, or conversly, having this faction be too powerful, could very well change the fate of the Roman Republic!
5) If this play works, I could do future Mafias based on Shakespherian plays, with the plays changed to reflect the changing of Roman History.
Actors List:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 02:20:00 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Coriolanus Mafia [NOW RECRUITING!]
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 09:07:36 pm »

I am in. Although I have never heard of this.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 09:57:28 pm »

Hell, I'll join.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 09:59:43 pm »

What the heck, I'll join.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 10:41:40 pm »

Sure.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 04:50:43 pm »

So I got 4/11 players. Anyone else want to join?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 02:19:39 pm »

Yeah, um, without at least 11 people, this mafia won't work.

Here's a new idea: Time Travel Mafia. You get to decide if you want to do your deed in the past (last Night), the present (the present Night), and the future (the next Night). Since you can change the timeline, people who die may come back to life, therefore, there is no roleflipping.

Yes or no?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Coriolanus Mafia or Time Travel Mafia [Vote Now!]
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 02:21:45 pm »

That sounds incredibly confusing. AWESOME!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 03:07:28 pm »

I must join every mafia game ever and get confused.

IN.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 04:56:14 pm »

My god. I think I'll play. But only if there are more rules to this Time Travel Mafia...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 05:01:24 pm »

Yeah, um, without at least 11 people, this mafia won't work.

Here's a new idea: Time Travel Mafia. You get to decide if you want to do your deed in the past (last Night), the present (the present Night), and the future (the next Night). Since you can change the timeline, people who die may come back to life, therefore, there is no roleflipping.

Yes or no?
This sounds ridiculously complex, and yet completely awesome.  Consider me on board.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 05:29:38 pm »

Time Travel Mafia would be so confusing. Good luck with finding how to make it work. =P
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 05:49:21 pm »

I'm in for Time Travel.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 06:59:27 pm »

Org has signed up for Coriolanus Mafia. No confirmation if they wish to do Time Travel Mafia.

Pandarsenic, Leafsnail, Zaithemaster, Little, ToonyMan, and Mr.Person has signed up for Time Travel Mafia.

Webadict has expressed interest for joining up with Time Travel Mafia, if there were more rules. Alright, webadict, here are the rules:

1) Game starts at Day 1. Town chooses someone to get lynched, as normal. "Double lynches" are not allowed (The person who reaches majority first is the (un)lucky one to be lynched.)
2) Deep South variant. All people must send in their night action before the Day ends. Once the Day ends, all Night actions occur at once. (The only reason I'm doing Deep South is that I usually don't want to delay the game just because the Mafia is sleeping.)
3) All Power Roles have access to Time Travel. They may choose to use their Power in the past (Last Night), the present (the Present Night), and the future (the Next night).
4) Anyone who is killed in the past (Last Night) has their vote for the current Day invalidated (because they were not alive in order to deliver the actual vote). This will affect the voting for that Day, thereby determing who's get Lynched and who does not. A key assassination would cause for one person to be saved from a lynching and kill somebody else too.

5) Anyone who is killed/roleblocked in the Night when he uses a Power Role has that Power Role invalidated. So, you can interrupt murders by killing/roleblocking the Killer on the Night when he actually did the Kill in question. You can bring people back to life in this manner.
5a) If a Doctor protects his Target on the Night when the Target gets Killed, then the Target is no longer killed.

6) Anyone who is killed in the future (Next Night) will not be informed that he would be killed until Next Night actually occurs (when he actually gets Killed). If that person gets Lynched, then it is assumed the Killer has decided to do nothing that Night. If, during the course of the game, that person somehow gets unLynched, then that person will survive into Next Night, where he then gets Killed (unless something happened to prevent the Killer from killing in the first place).

7) There is no Cult. Only Mafia, Town, and the possible Serial Killer. (EDIT: I am also considering a Survivor character too)

EDIT2: Prehaps the Most Important Rule:
8) If ANYONE is brought back to life after being killed/lynched on a previous Night/Day, the game gets "roll backed" to the Day right after that person got killed. This is because while it is easy to invalidate someone's vote once the day has occured, it is impossible to predict what would be someone's vote in the past. Therefore, the day must be replayed.

This person will also receive a prod giving them the good news.

If more than one person gets brought back to life, then the game gets "rolled back" to the earliest Day possible.

The results of all actions done before the "roll back" are not invalidated, but rather will be experienced when the Game slowly advances to future Days.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:12:15 pm by Servant Corps »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 07:01:02 pm »

In for both.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: [1] 2 3