Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: DorfQuest - We need no damn arms!  (Read 11705 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: DorfQuest - We need no damn arms!
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2009, 10:12:36 pm »

> bite obstacle in third toe, left foot!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2009, 10:23:38 pm »

> bite obstacle in third toe, left foot!
And then eat its Braiiinss head.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2009, 09:28:41 am »

Distract the farmer with one of your extremely witty jokes, then hop into the wagon and help yourself to the booze!

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2009, 01:57:47 pm »

Light the grass near him on fire, wait till he bleeds to death, grab booze.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2009, 03:22:12 pm »

Distract the farmer with one of your extremely witty jokes, then hop into the wagon and help yourself to the booze!
We are sober. We don't have any of those, or it would fail miserably.

"BOOOOOOZZZZE"
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2009, 10:17:41 am »

Say "Ironblood, cat, goblins and crumpets in magma."

While the dwarf is dying from laughter at the single greatest joke in dwarf history, take some booze from the wagon.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2009, 11:59:42 am »

Kick the dwarf in the groin. In the resulting chaos, nick one barrel off of the wagon, take off your thongs, light them up and throw them in the wagon amidst the other barrels. Boozebomb!
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2009, 09:31:33 pm »

Kick the dwarf in the groin. In the resulting chaos, nick one barrel off of the wagon, take off your thongs, light them up and throw them in the wagon amidst the other barrels. Boozebomb!

this.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2009, 09:33:40 pm »

Destroy precious booze that could cure our sobriety later on? Nah, steal it all and light the caravan.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2009, 12:07:18 am »

Destroy precious booze that could cure our sobriety later on? Nah, steal it all and light the caravan.

No boozebomb? :'(
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

PandaLord

• Bay Watcher
  • The Panda Will Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2009, 05:56:02 am »

I was just thinking about how awesome a Dwarf Fortress themed MSPaint Adventure would be, and lo, I find one!

Say that you are, indeed, the volunteer miner they have been waiting for, and agree to do whatever tasks the caravan has in store for a volunteer miner in exchange for some of that delicious booze. Strike the earth!

EDIT: I'm curious, but how do you determine which action to take? Do you just randomly choose one of the posts, and do what it says? Or do you choose the most (or least) reasonable one?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 05:59:36 am by PandaLord »

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2009, 09:00:05 am »

I was just thinking about how awesome a Dwarf Fortress themed MSPaint Adventure would be, and lo, I find one!

Say that you are, indeed, the volunteer miner they have been waiting for, and agree to do whatever tasks the caravan has in store for a volunteer miner in exchange for some of that delicious booze. Strike the earth!

EDIT: I'm curious, but how do you determine which action to take? Do you just randomly choose one of the posts, and do what it says? Or do you choose the most (or least) reasonable one?

Sorry for not updating, been sick with worry over more personal matters recently.

I generally pick the ones that don't directly will lead to the story coming to a abrupt end... :3
... ... Tempted to ignore that for the sake of humour of course. I mean, there is a save feature, apparently.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Where should our nameless hero end up? Generic mountain site? Glowing hot desert? Frozen horrifying tundra? Maybe even a swamp with a six tile thick aquifier. (No, we're not really equipped to go into space.. It's a freakin' wooden cart. Dragged by a cow.) Feel free to suggest some suitably resource rich or just absurd location to settle. I'll wait. :3
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2009, 09:24:37 am »

I suggest a frozen frozen sinister tundra called The Thousand Needles of Eternal Torture, by the sea The Pregnant Sea Of Zombie Wales, whit the glacier The Looming Terror starting in the adjutant worldmap tile,a and a kobold cave that guards the magma.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2009, 10:34:51 am »

Settle in the human city of Milksugars.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2009, 11:58:43 am »

A goblin tower with a chasm full of GCS in a freezing mountain next to a cold forest, a magma pipe, and underground river.  Then the light blue pound sign of the "other features" search option under the tower the Goblin Leader (demon) lives in.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10