Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions for my Glacier  (Read 886 times)

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Questions for my Glacier
« on: July 27, 2009, 07:48:57 pm »

I embarked on a freezing glacier with no trees, no plant life, and a lone resident- a very tasty polar bear. This is quite odd, but I just built a metal smiths forge out of water... Indeed. Not 'ice', it says, 'water'. What do you make of that XD?

Also, I can't seem to mine down past the second floor. I can only build downwards stairs, and can only mine on the level right below the surface. No explanation, it just says that he has no job.
[/s]--- Big problem. Mudstone or something is below me, I need to get to it so I can make some mugs >.<. Don't know whats wrong with. I build some downward stairs, attempt to build up/downs and mine out the area, but my dwarf just ignores it completely. Very odd. It apears that there are only certain areas I can dig upwards stairs in and such.

*We all just died of thirst. Lol. I think I'ma head back and reclaim it.

Hmm... I have discovered a creature (possibly?) with an odd name and no wiki entry. It is known as this- many fluffy wamblers. What the hell is a many fluffy wambler?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 08:32:09 pm by zarmazarma »

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Questions for my Glacier
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 08:12:35 pm »

is a many fluffy wambler?

Guessing it's like a swarm of flies; a single creature denoting many.    Kill them for their highly desired pudge.

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 08:16:33 pm »

is a many fluffy wambler?

Guessing it's like a swarm of flies; a single creature denoting many.    Kill them for their highly desired pudge.

Heh, looked them up. They're fluffy little vermin.

Michael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 01:19:32 am »

What the hell is a many fluffy wambler?
I checked the raws, and there is no entry for "many fluffy wamblers".  So this must be something the game dynamically generates based on the known definition for the single fluffy wambler.

I wonder if the TRIGGERABLE_GROUP token has anything to do with this phenomenon.  The wiki has no idea what it does, and it is defined for large roaches, demon rats, fluffy wamblers, rats, and bats.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 01:33:05 am »

What the hell is a many fluffy wambler?
I checked the raws, and there is no entry for "many fluffy wamblers".  So this must be something the game dynamically generates based on the known definition for the single fluffy wambler.

I wonder if the TRIGGERABLE_GROUP token has anything to do with this phenomenon.  The wiki has no idea what it does, and it is defined for large roaches, demon rats, fluffy wamblers, rats, and bats.

is it possible to get 'many bats' or 'many demon rats' like he got 'many fluffy wambler' ? if no one can confirm, we should do some tests. possibly thats what the tag does

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 09:21:26 am »

Do flys and acron flys have that tag too? I've seen Many (Acorn) Flies in all my forts ever.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 09:47:33 am »

yep. normally cockroaches appear in ones, but if the conditions for appearing are chronic, I believe you get groups appearing.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 08:20:41 pm »

[Acorn] Flies do not have the TRIGGERABLE_GROUP tag. However, they do have a CLUSTER_NUMBER tag, which may have something to do with the fact that you never see individual flies (or at least extremely rarely). Perhaps TRIGGERABLE_GROUP means that a "many _____" occurs if there are a certain number of the creatures around at a time (judging by the tag, 5 at minimum). That's just a guess, though.
Fireflies also have the CLUSTER_NUMBER tag but much smaller values: 1-10 rather than 100-200.