Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 72123 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 2- Sub found
« Reply #540 on: August 11, 2009, 06:20:09 pm »

Sorry, Free Beer. Two walls of text in my defense is my cut off point. At that point it's hopeless. You've basically repeated yourself all over again, and I don't want to throw out a huge wall of text, if you're just going to go on like a broken record about the same things I keep answering.

Unvote Free Beer. Am I satisfied by his explanations? Not really. Does it bug me that he's openly admitted to hiding? It does.

I can't get over his selective interaction with ToonyMan. It's too odd that he would say that he felt better solely about ToonyMan, and then claim that he felt everybody else he accused failed to satisfy his suspicions.

I think ToonyMan is his partner.

I may as well touch on this if I'm going to be lynched.

Hold on, if webadict were the Cop, wouldn't that make him the obvious choice for Doctor protection? And if he is such a huge threat, wouldn't that still make him a pretty good choice for Doctor protection? He made that implicit tell of his. Are you mad you didn't pick up on it?

The Doctor would have had no way of knowing whether webadict is the Cop. The only information that the Doctor had on Night One was that webadict just led the town on a bad Org lynch. Ergo, webadict was not protected on Night One. You seem to have trouble understanding this fact. Did you have more information at the beginning of Night One than what the rest of the town had? Are you scum?

You know why I picked up on webadict's implicit tell? Because I am the Doctor.

Think about it. I was the first to mention anything about any power roles, right at the beginning of Day 2, because as the Doctor, I have to worry about things like that. I protected webadict during Night 1 because his implicit tell made me think that he was the cop, in which case, he would be the obvious choice for Doctor protection. That he didn't need my protection figured prominently in my accusation.

I still suspected webadict at this point, you realize. But if he was going to have proof... I couldn't pass up in the case that he really were the Cop.

Who would I have protected tonight? I have no idea. There are so many people gunning after me that I wouldn't care if all of them got night killed.

This is my final card. I have nothing else on the table, since I seem to be unable to defend myself against dakarian's and Free Beer's attacks.

Since you will lynch me and I will turn out to be the Doctor, I want hell to be made over Free Beer's accusations. Punk can't get a free pass.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 11, 2009, 06:35:18 pm »

Sorry, Free Beer. Two walls of text in my defense is my cut off point. At that point it's hopeless. You've basically repeated yourself all over again, and I don't want to throw out a huge wall of text, if you're just going to go on like a broken record about the same things I keep answering.

And you lynched Org because he was being defensive and unhelpful.

I'll make a deal with you, Jim: pick two points I've made in my last post. Any two points. Make me go back on what I've said on those points, and I'll switch my vote to ToonyMan, thereby saving your life and lynching the person you suspect to be my partner.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 11, 2009, 06:37:19 pm »

I'll make a deal with you, Jim: pick two points I've made in my last post. Any two points. Make me go back on what I've said on those points, and I'll switch my vote to ToonyMan, thereby saving your life and lynching the person you suspect to be my partner.

There's not a lot of time. Would I be able to convince you anyway? Is this you being willing to reconsider?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 11, 2009, 06:39:38 pm »

There's not a lot of time. Would I be able to convince you anyway? Is this you being willing to reconsider?

You will have to make be back down on those two points. I'm not going to make it easy for you. But if you do it, I will keep my word.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 11, 2009, 06:42:14 pm »

You will have to make be back down on those two points. I'm not going to make it easy for you. But if you do it, I will keep my word.

You're asking a lot of me. To make you back down on two points when you seem dead set against me, and in only twenty minutes. I'm not sure I'll be able.

But I can't pass up an opportunity like this. I'll do my best.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 11, 2009, 06:42:34 pm »

Jim, there IS no Cop. Anyone that claims it tomorrow is lying. Believe me.

Oh, and Jim, protect Vector for me, will ya? I'd much rather I died then Vector or you do, but if you don't die tonight then Vector is a premium target.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 11, 2009, 06:44:21 pm »

MOD: Any chance for a thirty minute extension? I want to give Jim a chance. He will probably back me up on this.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 11, 2009, 06:46:59 pm »

Sure, I'm pretty busy at work right now anyway, so another 30 minutes works out for me too.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 11, 2009, 06:48:55 pm »

Alright. You've got an hour, Jim. And you can pick the points. Don't waste it.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 11, 2009, 07:12:53 pm »

Twenty minutes.

If I you don't reply soon, I won't have time to respond to your post.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 11, 2009, 07:19:32 pm »

Jim, there IS no Cop. Anyone that claims it tomorrow is lying. Believe me.

Oh, and Jim, protect Vector for me, will ya? I'd much rather I died then Vector or you do, but if you don't die tonight then Vector is a premium target.

That's pretty much what I concluded after I protected you. If I don't get lynched right now, I'll protect Vector, or Kashyyk now. You two are about the only ones I'd be willing to protect anyway.

Gosh, this game is crazy. If you asked me earlier today whether I would protect webadict during the night, I would've said, hell no, not for that scum. How things change.

Are you seriously jumping down my throat because I asked you to clarify something? Why would I have been remotely worried about you suspecting me at that point? You didn't voice any suspicions towards me.
That's the point. Why did you ask me to clarify something if I didn't voice any suspicions toward you? The only logical explanation for that behavior was that you thought I might have voiced a suspicion toward you.

No, that's not the only logical explanation. Take a brief step back and assume I'm briefly innocent. If I'm innocent, then I was just trying to clarify your post. I wanted to be clear, and there's nothing wrong with that. You've done much the same to clarify other people's points, but theirs weren't so innocent as to ask you who you directed your post at.

You're making a giant mountain out of a tiny molehill. It's just another piece of funny behavior that you're latching onto because you assume I'm guilty. There's positively nothing behind it if you think I'm innocent.

Org never threw up walls of text in his defense. If he had, I might've been less suspicious about him, and maybe the three people who voted for him as well would've been less so, too. That's basically what people were asking for him to do, wasn't it? So don't compare me with Org, please.

You're putting me in a Catch 22 with this. If I don't defend myself, I'm unwilling to defend myself, and therefore guilty. If I do defend myself, I'm being defensive, and I am therefore guilty.

I'm in an unwinnable situation, and the only way I can escape from it is if you let me.

Maybe he's stupid. You said his plan is stupid, why not extend it to the person who suggested the plan?

In this game, there's always somebody who wants somebody else dead, so why are you willing to believe dakarian for this reason?

dakarian is willing to bet the fate of the entire game on your scumminess. He wants us to lynch him to prove he's town and then lynch you when we're in lynch or lose on the next day. It's a plan that would fail if he were scum. I'm thinking he has something on you that we don't know about. If you flip town after you die, I fully intend to call him on it.

It's also a plan that will fail if we're both town. When I flip town, because I will flip town, dakarian will be strung up because he's bet his life that I'm scum. I'm reasonably, not entirely, certain that he's town. So, just like that, you've launched headlong into a lynch and lose situation, and you lost.

It's as webadict said: There's the possibility we're all being really stupid about this, with the way we seem to be dividing into teams without even knowing it. Vector pulled back after webadict said that, and I did as well. At least one of the three of us is not scum, according to you, so there's at least one townie, out there who's willing to pull back his suspicions and reconsider that we're heading for disaster with all of this.

dakarian didn't pull back his suspicions. Neither did you. I think you're deliberately unwilling to consider that the course of action you're taking is beyond flawed.

There, I tried. You got three, because I felt like it. It's up to you, Free Beer.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 11, 2009, 07:28:30 pm »

Are you seriously jumping down my throat because I asked you to clarify something? Why would I have been remotely worried about you suspecting me at that point? You didn't voice any suspicions towards me.
That's the point. Why did you ask me to clarify something if I didn't voice any suspicions toward you? The only logical explanation for that behavior was that you thought I might have voiced a suspicion toward you.

No, that's not the only logical explanation. Take a brief step back and assume I'm briefly innocent. If I'm innocent, then I was just trying to clarify your post. I wanted to be clear, and there's nothing wrong with that. You've done much the same to clarify other people's points, but theirs weren't so innocent as to ask you who you directed your post at.

You're making a giant mountain out of a tiny molehill. It's just another piece of funny behavior that you're latching onto because you assume I'm guilty. There's positively nothing behind it if you think I'm innocent.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here. A better argument would be "I'm the Doctor, so obviously I am going to be jumpy. Give me a break!"

Maybe he's stupid. You said his plan is stupid, why not extend it to the person who suggested the plan?

In this game, there's always somebody who wants somebody else dead, so why are you willing to believe dakarian for this reason?

dakarian is willing to bet the fate of the entire game on your scumminess. He wants us to lynch him to prove he's town and then lynch you when we're in lynch or lose on the next day. It's a plan that would fail if he were scum. I'm thinking he has something on you that we don't know about. If you flip town after you die, I fully intend to call him on it.

It's also a plan that will fail if we're both town. When I flip town, because I will flip town, dakarian will be strung up because he's bet his life that I'm scum. I'm reasonably, not entirely, certain that he's town. So, just like that, you've launched headlong into a lynch and lose situation, and you lost.

It's as webadict said: There's the possibility we're all being really stupid about this, with the way we seem to be dividing into teams without even knowing it. Vector pulled back after webadict said that, and I did as well. At least one of the three of us is not scum, according to you, so there's at least one townie, out there who's willing to pull back his suspicions and reconsider that we're heading for disaster with all of this.

dakarian didn't pull back his suspicions. Neither did you. I think you're deliberately unwilling to consider that the course of action you're taking is beyond flawed.

I'm not entirely convinced here. If we had more time, I'd throw something back at you. But we don't. At least you made a coherent point.

This is a very tough decision, Jim.

Unvote. Vote ToonyMan.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 11, 2009, 07:33:51 pm »

The Whiteboard
Jim Groovester: dakarian, eduren
ToonyMan: Free Beer, Jim Groovester, webadict
webadict: ToonyMan

You wrangle with the decision of who to lynch long into the night. Many pots of coffee are drank, and by the end you're all very tired. But, at long last, a decision has been made. ToonyMan is dragged outside and hung. You search his body once he is done twitching, and decide that you made the wrong choice. It seems he was a normal townsperson after all.

Though most of you are distressed by this, two of you hide glee behind your troubled faces. This town is very nearly in the mafia's power.

And so ends day 2. Night roles, send me your actions! You have until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday to get them to me. If you get them to me before that I'll try to shorten the night phase so we can get on with the game (no promises, though, I can get pretty busy).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #553 on: August 12, 2009, 05:07:32 pm »

You gather at the courthouse once again. Today, however, it is Jim Groovester who is missing. You head over to his house, and discover his body slumped down on his doorstep. At his side was a doctor's bag. A blow to the community, to be sure. You'll have to work harder to find these mafia if you want to stop them from taking over!

Ok, Day 3 has started! It will go until ~5pm Pacific Friday.
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #554 on: August 12, 2009, 05:12:47 pm »

I HATE YOU ALL.

*falls back into the ground, but then reappears.

Why Jim, why?  I was protecting you!

*falls into the dirt again
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48