Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 72138 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #435 on: August 09, 2009, 10:28:53 pm »

Note.. he's not voting for me.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 09, 2009, 10:31:45 pm »

And curse the lack of edits. 

Things change now.  Vote me or Jim.  Same story though.. if I die, Jim dies tomorrow.

Jim.. why are not NOT voting for me to 'call my bluff'?  If I'm scum and you're town, then voting for me is enough to confirm you.  Who'd argue against you if I'm scum?

Only reason why you won't call my bluff is if you think I'm NOT bluffing.
I KNEW IT!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 09, 2009, 10:42:18 pm »

Is your gamble conditional on me voting for you?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 09, 2009, 10:46:09 pm »

Should I mention that dakarian just started to scrutinize webadict's posts, because I just said that he and webadict were only giving token suspicion towards each other?

Yes, I suppose I should.

Keep flailing about, dakarian. Not only is it entertaining, it's illuminating, too.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 09, 2009, 10:48:06 pm »

Not really. It's conditional of everyone else voting for you OR me.  You can vote for whoever you want.  By not voting for me, though, you cement your scumminess. You're willing to accuse me left and right and swear I'm scum, but are unwilling to put the vote to the test.  Nevermind the 'Web looks worse' bit.  If I'm scum and die, you can easily get web killed and win the game, AND protect Vector.  No one else dies but scum.

So what, you DON'T want me dead now?  Am I town to you now?  Am I scum but still worth keeping alive?  Are you unsure what to do?

I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 09, 2009, 10:49:22 pm »

Again, I'll put it plain.

If I'm scum, VOTE FOR ME, Jim.  DO IT!  What's stopping you?
I KNEW IT!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 09, 2009, 10:50:36 pm »

*sigh*

I'm tired of being baited by you.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 09, 2009, 11:00:58 pm »

Baited?  Funny that.  I'm tempting you to vote for me, and that's BAD for you to do.  Why is that?

Why is it 'baiting' for "scum" to get you to lynch them?  The only way to 'vote bait' is for a townie to get scum to vote for them.  When the townie flips, the scum gets voted dead.

Well, there's also the "pretend to request a self lynch but don't get lynched" but that's beaten by LYNCHING the person. So..what other ways are there to 'bait' someone into voting for them? 
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 10, 2009, 12:33:32 am »

Sigh... Jim, he has a point. Can you explain why your vote stays on Web?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 10, 2009, 01:43:47 am »

Eduren, I want your opinion on a few things.  You may be intimidated by the long posts, but I'm sure you have some thoughts of your own.  At the moment, you seem to just be following dakarian's directions.

So:

1. What do you think of the sudden fight that has broken out between dakarian and Jim?  Which one is scum, and who is his partner?

2. What do you think of my allegations vs. webadict?

3. Do you still suspect ToonyMan?  If not, please write out the list of people you find most suspicious, in order, with your reasoning.  Please also explain why your opinion of ToonyMan has either changed or remained the same.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 10, 2009, 01:48:11 am »

That's the one thing that just keeps nagging at me, and, if you noticed, I keep coming back to it: the idea of you and Jim being linked. [...]

You don't mention him much but you've never put to post "Perhaps he is scum". [...]

So, why WON'T you even consider the idea of Jim being mafia?

Answer that, and provide that info on web, and..well.. we'll see.

I don't know if you missed the post where I thought about Joe being mafia, but here is some of what I said:

I don't have any strong suspicion of him (though some behavior did look vaguely like bandwagoning.  It seems pointless, though, to suspect every second-voter).  If I were to throw out a situation in which he might be scum, however, I'd go with a link between him and ToonyMan, with Toony providing the frustrated post and Jim pointing it out here.

To summarize: "Jim could be scum.  I could conceive of Toony being his partner, in that case."  In other words, I am not completely certain that Jim is town.  I happen to think he is, however.  I considered the idea of him being mafia, and then I threw it out.  Unfortunately, not every piece of my thought process is available to you.

Both Jim and I are raw newbies.  As far as I know, neither of us has really played the game before.  Therefore, we are both surprisingly open to suggestion.  Both of us are going to be playing pastiche-games--in other words, we're going to take our strategies from other people.  We're going to be following.  We learn just like everyone else: first we copy, and then we create our own material.

To be honest, I think the reason why he is "defending" me so much is because I've been both away from the computer and under suspicion.  I don't have a chance to say anything, but others think they should step in.  I'm sure you understand--you've defended me twice, after all.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 10, 2009, 02:17:07 am »

Because I will not lend credibility to dakarian's plan by voting for him. He directly challenged me, and I refused. So he challenged me even more, and I still refused. So I got the feeling that this brilliant plan of his requires my vote to lend it legitimacy. So I refused.

What else would you like? His gamble is idiotic. He's trying to portray himself as some sort of martyr, as a savior to the town, but he's under absolutely zero threat to be lynched today. He's trying to define the terms of the discussion as a binary choice between either Vector or himself, and he broke those terms by voting for me. His whole gamble seems like a knee-jerk reaction to me detailing webadict and dakarian's suspect relationship.

webadict and dakarian are working together. webadict is the smart one, and dakarian will continue to make mistakes. So my vote stays on webadict. Since he's better at concealing his guilt, he's the more dangerous scum. dakarian, on the other hand, will likely make several more mistakes, and nobody will forget this brilliant plan of his come tomorrow. He can be dealt with later.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 10, 2009, 02:22:00 am »

Eduren, I want your opinion on a few things.  You may be intimidated by the long posts, but I'm sure you have some thoughts of your own.  At the moment, you seem to just be following dakarian's directions.

So:
1. What do you think of the sudden fight that has broken out between dakarian and Jim?  Which one is scum, and who is his partner?

2. What do you think of my allegations vs. webadict?

3. Do you still suspect ToonyMan?  If not, please write out the list of people you find most suspicious, in order, with your reasoning.  Please also explain why your opinion of ToonyMan has either changed or remained the same.

1. I admit that I am finding myself agreeing with dakarian. But not in his entirety.

For now, Im convinced. Vector

That post originally read

Quote from: eduren
For now, Im convinced. Jim Groovester

Because Jim has acted alot scummier than you have. Then i see my old friend, the "someone-posted-already" warning. Its dakarians "Everybody listen up" post. His "Good of the town" spiel had me convinced and so i switched my vote to you. I believed you to be acting scummier than dakarian and thought that his plea was reasonable.

I still believe Jim to be acting scummier than you and plan to re-evaluate my vote when Jim explains himself further. As for his partner, I would place it as either you or Toonyman.

2. Ill have to ask you for a summary of them other than "he's not answering questions". While yes his evasiveness is worrying, it may just be a dismissive and condescending attitude that is causing it.

3. Yes i still suspect him, however the Day 2 drama has caused me to focus my attention elsewhere. I know that unless he weighs in on the recent matters and somehow slips up, it will be impossible to lead an angry mob in his direction. Therefore i have set myself to either hunt down his accomplice, or in the face of overwhelming evidence, admit my mistake. But i would really like to hear from him some more, if only just a vote.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Dammit, gimme a sec.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 10, 2009, 02:36:59 am »

Because I will not lend credibility to dakarian's plan by voting for him. He directly challenged me, and I refused. So he challenged me even more, and I still refused. So I got the feeling that this brilliant plan of his requires my vote to lend it legitimacy. So I refused.

What else would you like? His gamble is idiotic. He's trying to portray himself as some sort of martyr, as a savior to the town, but he's under absolutely zero threat to be lynched today. He's trying to define the terms of the discussion as a binary choice between either Vector or himself, and he broke those terms by voting for me. His whole gamble seems like a knee-jerk reaction to me detailing webadict and dakarian's suspect relationship.

webadict and dakarian are working together. webadict is the smart one, and dakarian will continue to make mistakes. So my vote stays on webadict. Since he's better at concealing his guilt, he's the more dangerous scum. dakarian, on the other hand, will likely make several more mistakes, and nobody will forget this brilliant plan of his come tomorrow. He can be dealt with later.

He's not the only one that can make wild gambles...

I propose that we call his "bluff". According to him it won't matter if he is lynched so i propose that we do just that. The only reason you haven't jumped on it is because it is not certain that you will get the necessary votes.

If You vote for dakarian, then i will do likewise. (I assume that Vector will do so also).

If dakarian is scum, as you claim, then this offer will be impossible to turn down.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 10, 2009, 03:52:10 am »

Alright, eduren. I agree to your proposal. If I will vote for dakarian, then you will vote for him as well.

That makes two of us. But before I change my vote, I want to hear from Vector, ToonyMan and Free Beer about it. If we're going to call him on his bluff, we might as well make certain about it.

So, Vector, ToonyMan, and Free Beer, what will it be? Will you help eduren and me call dakarian's bluff?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48