Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 71941 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #300 on: August 06, 2009, 01:23:39 am »

I may as well also detail why I suspect you, since you don't seem to like answering my questions:

Just to clarify, who do you mean by 'you'? It's a little ambiguous.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 06, 2009, 01:35:17 am »

I may as well also detail why I suspect you, since you don't seem to like answering my questions:

Just to clarify, who do you mean by 'you'? It's a little ambiguous.

My post, in its entirety, was a reply to a post made by BloodBeard. By 'you,' I was referring to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 06, 2009, 01:37:46 am »

Wow, I just managed to write a post and Firefox crashes for no apparent reason.

Anyhow,
*Sigh* wall-o-text failed me!!

Aka: Eduren's explanations do make sense (I've also done live games and, yah, it is just random sillies all the time).  For now I'll Unvote

Now note, it's late, and I'm rushing to get this in before bed so I can't do a full analysis.  I CAN say one thing though and I can leave it at that for now:

From Webadict:
"I suspect Vector is mafia because he IS mafia. That's pretty obvious. I need him to tell you why he's not mafia. I can't do that, considering I'm not him, nor am I able to defend him.

Web, that's Burden of Proof and I can't see how you don't know it.  You're making prove that he's NOT scum without showing why he IS scum? You were doing well against Org, then suddenly jump on Vector like this.  I TOLD you that I won't let any mistake slide. 

So stop tying to let Vector save you (i.e Vector panicing and saing something off, then you go "SEE!?  That's it!!!").  YOU explain your actions, and don't play cute:.  Eduren could do it, and he had far worse on him.  

Vote Webadict
Are you really more focused on Vector, as opposed to my vote for Org? Vector was more of an FoS, whereas Org was a full-on vote.

First, Org has shown his infamous Org Tell of Paranormal Round 5. Instead of announcing his innocence immediately upon being accused, he says, "nope im town," instead of, "wut" That's why he's my suspicion.

Secondly, it's better to see people's reactions without being told that their reaction is being monitored. That was indeed what I was doing, before people were told I was gauging him. The one thing I can tell you, though, is that he was on for a good 30 minutes after I accused him without so much as a "No." You have to notice more than just what is said.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 06, 2009, 01:40:18 am »

Sorry for the long wait--I was at a friend's house.

At this point, I don't really see any reason to go off and defend myself against webadict (though I am still willing to).  To Free Beer's argument, however, I will state that my previous defense of Org was time-related.  At that point, I thought his inactivity was reasonable.  Now it is not.  If there are any other questions in relation to Free Beer or webadict's statements, I'll be glad to answer them.

In any case, we have answers from ToonyMan and eduren, though Org is suspiciously silent.  We also seem to have no defined person to lynch.  Opinions?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 06, 2009, 01:44:19 am »

Sorry for the long wait--I was at a friend's house.

At this point, I don't really see any reason to go off and defend myself against webadict (though I am still willing to).  To Free Beer's argument, however, I will state that my previous defense of Org was time-related.  At that point, I thought his inactivity was reasonable.  Now it is not.  If there are any other questions in relation to Free Beer or webadict's statements, I'll be glad to answer them.

In any case, we have answers from ToonyMan and eduren, though Org is suspiciously silent.  We also seem to have no defined person to lynch.  Opinions?
You don't see a reason to prove you're not mafia? Or you don't see a reason to that you should have to because no one has brought up proof to counter such claims?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 06, 2009, 01:48:06 am »

Thank you.  That's what I was looking for.  Unvote  Now it's gone from Burden of Proof to a true accusation. 

It does leave me with little to do though.  Org seems the next one to go for since he hasn't really put much of anything up (again, noting that I havn't analyzed the latest stuff yet) and Free beer seems to have a good set of points on Blood.  It's mostly waiting for those two to talk now.  I'll wait till I can look a bit deeper and/or hear some more from those two before I plop a vote.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 06, 2009, 01:53:31 am »

Wait no.. no it doesn't really... well, I get your reasoning now but it's still a touch of BoP and it's just trying to pressure for pressure's sake.  Vector gave a reason towards the only thing he's accused of.  Unless there's more to use against him, best to let him be for now.  We have others that are more suspicious to turn on him just yet.
I KNEW IT!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 06, 2009, 02:05:54 am »

The Whiteboard
BloodBeard: Free Beer
Org: Jim Groovester, Vector, webadict
ToonyMan: eduren
eduren: BloodBeard, ToonyMan
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 06, 2009, 02:06:40 am »

I think it's about time we start casting our final votes. We've discussed who's suspicious at length, but the day ends at 10:00 AM Pacific time tomorrow, and unless you plan on waking up before that time (I'm a college student, I certainly don't plan on it), the votes we cast before bed will probably be our last. I think we should reach some sort of consensus before that time, so that we don't waste an opportunity to get some actual information about somebody.

My vote on Org remains unchanged. If he's scum, he sucks at being scum. If he's town, he sucks at being town, too. He hasn't really satisfied anybody's suspicions, and has generally been uncooperative and defiant.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 06, 2009, 02:09:20 am »

Wait no.. no it doesn't really... well, I get your reasoning now but it's still a touch of BoP and it's just trying to pressure for pressure's sake.  Vector gave a reason towards the only thing he's accused of.  Unless there's more to use against him, best to let him be for now.  We have others that are more suspicious to turn on him just yet.

Well, the thing is that there is a lot to bring up against him. The only problem is that plenty of it could be considered circumstantial at this point. His reaction at this point would have been useful, had it actually been gauged. It has not, however, and is essential useless.

Tomorrow, I will have plenty of proof on him. Today, however, I will not have much to go off of until somebody dies. I will, however, say that the only people I can see as being scum at this point are Org, Vector, eduren, or Jim Groovester, from greatest to least.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 06, 2009, 02:11:31 am »

So can I suppose a vote for Toonyman would be wasted?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 06, 2009, 02:26:28 am »

Blargh, sorry for failing to properly explain myself.  What I mean is this:

1. You didn't seem to have any legitimate claims on me.  It looked like a bluff-attack, so I wasn't strongly concerned about it.

2. Various people have jumped up and made my arguments for me while I was out.  Why repeat what they've said?  If you have further questions, question me and I'd be happy to answer.  I simply felt that that particular accusation had been answered in full.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 06, 2009, 02:29:02 am »

Wall-o-text

Half-hearted vote? Half the people here and even eduren himself admitted he showed scummy behaviour, I also voted him before Toony. That's all I have to say on that part.

You crossed him off the list when nobody had any information to go on

Was rectified.

You suspected Jim for no real reason other than the fact that Jim had accused webadict

I never said he accused webadict, I said that I was suspicious that he would repeatedly bring up eduren, toonyman and webadict as a group and that I wondered why webadict was included since he wasn't really a part of toonyman and aduren's arguing.

You've also been attempting to rationalize his recent actions

I suggested a explanation for him doing it, you also gave the same explanation in him trying to see "who jumps".

Third, you are one of the three players that went after people due to inactivity. Vector and Jim also did so, but you were the only one who tried to make it seem like you weren't, with your comment "This likely won't be my final lynch..."

I added that comment to let eduren know that I was coming back to him if dakarian didn't respond well.

I've been under the impression that aduren is still the number 1 suspect and that at least 3 other people would vote with me. I really have no idea what's going to go down now that Org has become another suspect. This will be the last time i'm on until night 1, so i'm sticking with eduren under the impression that Toony isn't changing his vote and will wait to see what happens.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 06, 2009, 02:35:55 am »

So can I suppose a vote for Toonyman would be wasted?

Depends on wasted.  If you maintain a line against him for a few days and he ends up flipping scum, you'll probably be absolved (because it would be kind of weird for scum to bus scum on the first day).  If you maintain a line on him and he flips town, you are going to look pretty stupid/scummish.  The optimization is up to you.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 06, 2009, 05:53:57 am »

NONE of the arguments put up are wasted.  We've put up a ton of discussion up on the boards that will come into play later on.  Many of the people that were accused have NOT been confirmed town (in fact, no one has yet) so they will become focused on later on.

In fact, that's a reason why I disrupted your pressure, web.  You already have someone worse to focus on (Org) and you're touching on logical fallacies by your push for Vector.  You might end up making people forget Org to go watch another duel or, worse, cause people to focus on YOU instead of either of them.  I think a new day will help bring your suspicions to proper view. 

That goes for all of us.  We've poked, prodded, and had our arguments countered.  Lets take what we have and see if there's someone that's obviously suspicious.

As for that, I'll make a quick dive into the posts and make my decision.
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 48