Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 71965 times)

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #285 on: August 05, 2009, 09:56:00 pm »

Org, have you even voted? Do something of significance or I will cast the deciding vote against you.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 05, 2009, 10:01:10 pm »

Why simply Vector? Why not Org as well? Are we leaving him out of this?

Because Org's a punk and I don't care if he gets offed.

Will you now answer the question? Once again, why do you suspect Vector is mafia, and how are you so certain?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 05, 2009, 10:03:39 pm »

So when ToonyMan OMGUS'd eduren and accused webadict, that was not scummy behavior to you? If it is not, then why do you suspect Jim, who is doing much the same thing at this point?

Not suspecting someone on day one suggests that you have more information than you should - something that only a scum player should have.

Not suspecting someone on day one suggests that I don't find them to be suspicious over other people. I thought I implied that in my question, sorry if I didn't make that obvious.

Considering that that is typical behaviour of Toony looking back at paranormal 7, no, it didn't seem scummy to me and I don't think anyone else took it seriously.

Org: Maybe people wouldn't be accusing you of things if you helped out and gave your opinions. I've asked you twice now to name someone you think is scum and someone you think is town if you've ignored both. I wasn't accusing you of lurking or anything and just wanted to know what you think but you still never responded.

This whole Vector Org Webadict thing is really confusing me. Org hasn't been active enough to give me much of an opinion of him (although thats a but scummy in itself) and Vectors call-out to ToonyMan, Org, and eduren suggest that he could be scum trying to mask his accomplice among 2 other names to try and form a power group or something. Webadict sudden accusation seems a little weird, too wierd which suggest that he might just be trying to get a reaction out of the others.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 05, 2009, 10:05:55 pm »

God I hate not being able to edit. I always type in a rush and make alot of spelling mistakes.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 05, 2009, 10:24:53 pm »

This whole Vector Org Webadict thing is really confusing me. Org hasn't been active enough to give me much of an opinion of him (although thats a but scummy in itself) and Vectors call-out to ToonyMan, Org, and eduren suggest that he could be scum trying to mask his accomplice among 2 other names to try and form a power group or something. Webadict sudden accusation seems a little weird, too wierd which suggest that he might just be trying to get a reaction out of the others.

I didn't see what Vector did quite the same way you did. I think he was trying to give the three primary suspects, based on what we all had said and concluded about them, a chance to talk before we make a final decision about one of them. I don't think he was trying to mask himself or his accomplice behind an accusation. Still though, he hasn't responded since webadict accused him of being mafia, so that's still a little suspicious, but I'm willing to give Vector a chance.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 05, 2009, 10:28:57 pm »

Why is it when there's a "thing," it's always something to do with me?

Anyhow

Because Org's a punk and I don't care if he gets offed.

Will you now answer the question? Once again, why do you suspect Vector is mafia, and how are you so certain?
I suspect Vector is mafia because he IS mafia. That's pretty obvious. I need him to tell you why he's not mafia. I can't do that, considering I'm not him, nor am I able to defend him.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 05, 2009, 10:34:07 pm »

Not suspecting someone on day one suggests that I don't find them to be suspicious over other people. I thought I implied that in my question, sorry if I didn't make that obvious.

Considering that that is typical behaviour of Toony looking back at paranormal 7, no, it didn't seem scummy to me and I don't think anyone else took it seriously.

Org: Maybe people wouldn't be accusing you of things if you helped out and gave your opinions. I've asked you twice now to name someone you think is scum and someone you think is town if you've ignored both. I wasn't accusing you of lurking or anything and just wanted to know what you think but you still never responded.

If ToonyMan's behavior was not scummy to you, why do you suspect Jim? You said previously that you suspected him on grounds that he accused both eduren and webadict, which is exactly what Toonyman did.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 05, 2009, 10:59:58 pm »

I suspect Vector is mafia because he IS mafia. That's pretty obvious. I need him to tell you why he's not mafia. I can't do that, considering I'm not him, nor am I able to defend him.

That is by far the weakest argument for the strongest accusation in this game yet.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 05, 2009, 11:01:33 pm »

That is by far the weakest argument for the strongest accusation in this game yet.
Oiu, Monsieur Obvious. But, I'm afraid I'll need to let Vector explain.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 05, 2009, 11:11:04 pm »

Beer: As I said that is typical behaviour for Toony looking at his past. I didn't think anything of it as opposed to Jim because it came from someone who was posting any random shit, if it came from someone else then i'd be suspicious. You've been on me for a while and I think i've been pretty patient, i'd like to hear your opinion on something else for a change, namely this recent insanity.

Webadict: Vector hasn't been on in 2 hours and may not come on again being late. If you're serious about your accusations (you're not even voting for vector) I too would like a better explaination.

I'm suspicious of so many people I don't know what to think anymore. My gut tells me to stick with eduren so that's what i'm doing for now.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 05, 2009, 11:14:07 pm »

Is it just me or does this not feel like a beginners game at all?  ;D

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 05, 2009, 11:17:32 pm »

Is it just me or does this not feel like a beginners game at all?  ;D

Yeah, we got a real talented bunch apparently.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 05, 2009, 11:20:22 pm »

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic  :P

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 06, 2009, 01:14:50 am »

*Sigh* wall-o-text failed me!!

Aka: Eduren's explanations do make sense (I've also done live games and, yah, it is just random sillies all the time).  For now I'll Unvote

Now note, it's late, and I'm rushing to get this in before bed so I can't do a full analysis.  I CAN say one thing though and I can leave it at that for now:

From Webadict:
"I suspect Vector is mafia because he IS mafia. That's pretty obvious. I need him to tell you why he's not mafia. I can't do that, considering I'm not him, nor am I able to defend him.

Web, that's Burden of Proof and I can't see how you don't know it.  You're making prove that he's NOT scum without showing why he IS scum? You were doing well against Org, then suddenly jump on Vector like this.  I TOLD you that I won't let any mistake slide. 

So stop tying to let Vector save you (i.e Vector panicing and saing something off, then you go "SEE!?  That's it!!!").  YOU explain your actions, and don't play cute:.  Eduren could do it, and he had far worse on him.   

Vote Webadict
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 06, 2009, 01:19:18 am »

Beer: As I said that is typical behaviour for Toony looking at his past. I didn't think anything of it as opposed to Jim because it came from someone who was posting any random shit, if it came from someone else then i'd be suspicious. You've been on me for a while and I think i've been pretty patient, i'd like to hear your opinion on something else for a change, namely this recent insanity.

[remainder clipped for space]
My opinion on the recent insanity:

Ah, okay.  It looked to me like suspicion had turned away from ToonyMan for the moment as votes rotated towards you, but upon more careful consideration I suppose you're right.  If you would like to convince everyone else that ToonyMan needs to be lynched today, though, I'll put him back on the list.

I'll ask ToonyMan as well, then, and change the question a little.

To ToonyMan, Org, and eduren:
Out of the three people we seem to have up for serious lynch consideration, which should we pick?  Additionally, why do you think the other two (e.g. probably yourself and one other person) should be passed over for today?
I want Vector and Org gone. It's them. They're the mafia.

webadict has been extremely unclear about his intentions. The only thing even close to an explanation that we have received is the above post. Why did he quote that specific post of Vector's?

If I were going to accuse Vector and Org, I would have used something more, like this:

I'm curious.

Jim Groovester, why are you persisting Org with no evidence that he/she/it is scum?
Lurkers.  I'm currently satisfied with dakarian's logic-blocks, as he has (in my mind, at least) undone his lurking.  I find it difficult to believe that Org has absolutely zero time to do anything but defend himself, however.  At the moment, I'd mark him as the member who has contributed the least to the town's efforts.  Eduren seems quite scummy, but at least we know something about him.  Even data on his incompetence is better than no data whatsoever.

So, Org for now, with the hope of pressuring him into some analytical contributions.
Ah, okay.  It looked to me like suspicion had turned away from ToonyMan for the moment as votes rotated towards you, but upon more careful consideration I suppose you're right.  If you would like to convince everyone else that ToonyMan needs to be lynched today, though, I'll put him back on the list.

I'll ask ToonyMan as well, then, and change the question a little.

To ToonyMan, Org, and eduren:
Out of the three people we seem to have up for serious lynch consideration, which should we pick?  Additionally, why do you think the other two (e.g. probably yourself and one other person) should be passed over for today?
Using my argument, Vector first defended Org against Jim Groovester (who voted Org due to non-participation), and then voted Org for the same reason as Jim Groovester. Later, Vector had no qualms about including ToonyMan into the list of suspects, even though we have no reason to suspect more than two people at a time.

webadict's previous accusation against Jim Groovester shows that webadict is more than capable of coming up with such an argument. So, why the discrepancy?

His further posts show more of his intent:

Oiu, Monsieur Obvious. But, I'm afraid I'll need to let Vector explain.
I would but then I would be mod-killed.

Really that is the only way I can prove it. I could be lying if I said anything else.
So, you're not even going to try to defend yourself?
No defense is the best defense.
That's a lie. An attempted defense is the best defense.
Did you read what I had first posted in this pyramid.
I did. So, you think that you are not able to be defended against?

I want Vector and Org gone. It's them. They're the mafia.
Proof, for either or both of us?
I want something from you first: Prove to me that you are NOT mafia. Do it. Right now.

The suddenness of this accusation and the suddenly confrontational attitude is alarming. Tell us why you think Vector is mafia.

Regardless of webadict's alignment, I am thinking webadict tried to make a big splash near the end of the day in order to shift the votes around. The difference would be in motivation. If webadict is town, he is doing it to see who jumps. If webadict is scum, he is doing it because one of the two people in the tie is also scum. Under the scum theory, I am not sure which of the two others would be scum: he could have voted Org in order to make eduren survive, or he could have voted Org in order to bus Org.

I may as well also detail why I suspect you, since you don't seem to like answering my questions:

First, you are the other party in ToonyMan's half-hearted vote right at the beginning. That was the major reason why I went after ToonyMan in the first place. ToonyMan's story checks out, but his excuse is still really lame. If ToonyMan is scum, you would be the most likely other scum. I want to see if you give.

Second, even from the very start you have been attempting to get on webadict's good side. You crossed him off the list when nobody had any information to go on. You suspected Jim for no real reason other than the fact that Jim had accused webadict. You've also been attempting to rationalize his recent actions. Why do you look up to him so much? You have no real reason to do so if you're town (webadict himself said as much), but if you're scum you have the obvious motivation of trying to pass under his radar.

Third, you are one of the three players that went after people due to inactivity. Vector and Jim also did so, but you were the only one who tried to make it seem like you weren't, with your comment "This likely won't be my final lynch..."

You should notice that all of my questions were directly related to the second point, as that is by far your most suspicious trait. If you answered well, I would have gone to suspecting someone else, and basically have publicly confirmed either you or ToonyMan as town. You didn't answer well.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48