Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 71919 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #270 on: August 05, 2009, 06:41:49 pm »

Ah, okay.  It looked to me like suspicion had turned away from ToonyMan for the moment as votes rotated towards you, but upon more careful consideration I suppose you're right.  If you would like to convince everyone else that ToonyMan needs to be lynched today, though, I'll put him back on the list.

I'll ask ToonyMan as well, then, and change the question a little.

To ToonyMan, Org, and eduren:
Out of the three people we seem to have up for serious lynch consideration, which should we pick?  Additionally, why do you think the other two (e.g. probably yourself and one other person) should be passed over for today?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 05, 2009, 08:05:09 pm »

Ah, okay.  It looked to me like suspicion had turned away from ToonyMan for the moment as votes rotated towards you, but upon more careful consideration I suppose you're right.  If you would like to convince everyone else that ToonyMan needs to be lynched today, though, I'll put him back on the list.

Out of the three people we seem to have up for serious lynch consideration, which should we pick?  Additionally, why do you think the other two (e.g. probably yourself and one other person) should be passed over for today?
I want Vector and Org gone. It's them. They're the mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 05, 2009, 08:06:52 pm »

Proof, for either or both of us?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 05, 2009, 08:07:57 pm »

What.

No, I am not mafia.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 05, 2009, 08:09:10 pm »

To lynch:

Toonyman: His silliness and lack of coherent defense other than "OMG they're out to get me" is not only scummy, but if he is indeed townie, it is not a very team oriented type of play

To keep around for now:

Org: His general absenteeism is not really damning, especially on the first day.

Eduren: I have demonstrated a willingness to explain my views and votes and I have campaigned against Toonyman, at the cost of my credibility. If i were scum, wouldn't I be more concerned with my own skin rather than that of Toonyman?

Answer some general questions about me:

Experience?: Some people are confused about my level of experience in this game and I would like to clear up some misunderstandings. I have played the game of mafia on many occasions, for years. The biggest difference was that those games were live. They were merely a way to pass the time and get a few kicks. There was no deep analysis and games lasted less than an hour. Most of the time was spent making wild accusations and laughing our asses off. The most anyone really did to defend themselves was to say "Really, me?!? Why me?" This may be the source of some of my weird behavior in the beginning and i have since become more reserved and thoughtful.

Night first: It wasn't a big deal to me, just came as a surprise. I didn't expect that part of the rules to change because it had never changed for me.

First to suspect Toonyman: Im sorry if i stated that wrong, but what i meant by it was related to the supposed piggybacking on web. I had pointed out suspicious activity of Toonyman before webadict had. Thats all that i meant by it.

Anything else?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 05, 2009, 08:28:52 pm »

I want something from you first: Prove to me that you are NOT mafia. Do it. Right now.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 05, 2009, 08:30:14 pm »

I would but then I would be mod-killed.

Really that is the only way I can prove it. I could be lying if I said anything else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 05, 2009, 08:31:12 pm »

Really that is the only way I can prove it. I could be lying if I said anything else.
So, you're not even going to try to defend yourself?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2009, 08:31:21 pm »

How about a reason not to then?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 05, 2009, 08:35:08 pm »

No defense is the best defense.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 05, 2009, 08:37:31 pm »

That's a lie. An attempted defense is the best defense.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 05, 2009, 08:38:38 pm »

Did you read what I had first posted in this pyramid.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 05, 2009, 08:39:44 pm »

I want something from you first: Prove to me that you are NOT mafia. Do it. Right now.

The suddenness of this accusation and the suddenly confrontational attitude is alarming. Tell us why you think Vector is mafia.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 05, 2009, 08:46:59 pm »

You should pick eduren.  Org is being his usually self (although he does this both mafia and town) so we can talk about him later.  I should not be lynched because I found scum.  Aha!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 05, 2009, 09:29:41 pm »

Did you read what I had first posted in this pyramid.
I did. So, you think that you are not able to be defended against?

The suddenness of this accusation and the suddenly confrontational attitude is alarming. Tell us why you think Vector is mafia.
Why simply Vector? Why not Org as well? Are we leaving him out of this?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48