Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 71932 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #255 on: August 05, 2009, 04:00:42 pm »

Lurkers.  I'm currently satisfied with dakarian's logic-blocks, as he has (in my mind, at least) undone his lurking.  I find it difficult to believe that Org has absolutely zero time to do anything but defend himself, however.  At the moment, I'd mark him as the member who has contributed the least to the town's efforts.  Eduren seems quite scummy, but at least we know something about him.  Even data on his incompetence is better than no data whatsoever.

So, Org for now, with the hope of pressuring him into some analytical contributions.
Wat.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 05, 2009, 04:02:28 pm »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 05, 2009, 04:05:54 pm »

Is there some problem?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 05, 2009, 04:08:18 pm »

Read through everything since yesterday and i'm satisfied with dakarian's responses to not suspect him, yet.

Freebeer: I've voiced my concerns for Toony but i've always held that eduren is my prime suspect. Jim however is starting to draw my attention by posting multiple times about a eduren-toonyman-webadict row, which would be true in eduren and toonyman but i'm not sure why webadict is included there.

He seems overly suspicous about webadict without any of what i'd consider reasonable evidence. If webadict wasn't scum then he would most likely be a target for the scum considering his experience.

My concerns for Toony have been lightening as of late and I don't think he should be lynched. My primary concern before was that he was acting too strange for the town to get any information but he seems better now.

You state that you suspect ToonyMan less because he is better now, but eduren is your prime suspect mainly because of his previous behavior, even though he is better now. In your mind, what is the difference between the two?

Also, is there a reason why you don't suspect webadict?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 05, 2009, 04:59:06 pm »

Ughhh. Just get it over with. Nothing i can say now.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 05, 2009, 05:07:35 pm »

Is there some problem?
Yes. The reason I have to defend myself is because people keep accusing me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 05, 2009, 05:09:02 pm »

The Whiteboard
BloodBeard: Free Beer
Jim Groovester: webadict
Org: Jim Groovester, Vector
ToonyMan: eduren
eduren: BloodBeard, ToonyMan, dakarian
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 05, 2009, 05:17:21 pm »

Read through everything since yesterday and i'm satisfied with dakarian's responses to not suspect him, yet.

Freebeer: I've voiced my concerns for Toony but i've always held that eduren is my prime suspect. Jim however is starting to draw my attention by posting multiple times about a eduren-toonyman-webadict row, which would be true in eduren and toonyman but i'm not sure why webadict is included there.

He seems overly suspicous about webadict without any of what i'd consider reasonable evidence. If webadict wasn't scum then he would most likely be a target for the scum considering his experience.

My concerns for Toony have been lightening as of late and I don't think he should be lynched. My primary concern before was that he was acting too strange for the town to get any information but he seems better now.

You state that you suspect ToonyMan less because he is better now, but eduren is your prime suspect mainly because of his previous behavior, even though he is better now. In your mind, what is the difference between the two?

The difference is that eduren has showed scummy behaviour, admitted to showing scummy behaviour and Toony has just been weird and confusing. As I said I've been concerned about whether he will be useful to the town but he hasn't done anything specifically scummy.

Is there a reason why I should suspect webadict? (actual question)

Org:
Org: Name one person you think is scum and one person you think is town, explanations for both please.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 05, 2009, 05:29:01 pm »

So Org, the problem that I see here is that you are playing a solely defensive game.  Take dakarian as an example, if you like: he had stuff to do, and then proved his usefulness to the town via a wall of text.  You've only attempted to assert your own innocence and deflect attacks.  That behavior is not exactly helpful (and cautiousness is also a scum-tell), which is why I'm voting for you at the moment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 05, 2009, 05:37:18 pm »

The difference is that eduren has showed scummy behaviour, admitted to showing scummy behaviour and Toony has just been weird and confusing. As I said I've been concerned about whether he will be useful to the town but he hasn't done anything specifically scummy.

Is there a reason why I should suspect webadict? (actual question)

[remainder of post clipped for space]

So when ToonyMan OMGUS'd eduren and accused webadict, that was not scummy behavior to you? If it is not, then why do you suspect Jim, who is doing much the same thing at this point?

Not suspecting someone on day one suggests that you have more information than you should - something that only a scum player should have.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 05, 2009, 05:44:25 pm »

So Org, the problem that I see here is that you are playing a solely defensive game.  Take dakarian as an example, if you like: he had stuff to do, and then proved his usefulness to the town via a wall of text.  You've only attempted to assert your own innocence and deflect attacks.  That behavior is not exactly helpful (and cautiousness is also a scum-tell), which is why I'm voting for you at the moment.
Well, your scum hunt isnt working.

And I think that Vector is either deflecting attention to someone else or is trying to scumhunt or something.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 05, 2009, 05:52:50 pm »

Defiance, lack of cooperation, failure to explain himself, failure to do anything helpful. Org isn't playing with the town, he's playing on his own. If he's not going to try and be even remotely helpful, I say we lynch him.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 05, 2009, 06:02:11 pm »

Well, maybe.  It seems that instead of the three lynch targets we had before (ToonyMan, dakarian, eduren), we're down to eduren and Org.

So, you two: why should we lynch the other one?  If you think the other person is not lynch-worthy, please bring up a third person you want to see dead and explain why you wouldn't attack your counterpart.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 05, 2009, 06:19:41 pm »

Well, maybe I havent been helpful. Kinda hard when you are all accusing me with meh reasons. Good thing you guys arent Spanish Inquisitors. *chuckles*

Although they were just accusing people and rigging trials. Eh. Mafia is basically the same then.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 05, 2009, 06:28:03 pm »

Well, maybe.  It seems that instead of the three lynch targets we had before (ToonyMan, dakarian, eduren), we're down to eduren and Org.

Why is Toonyman no longer on the table? Multiple people have voiced opinions that Toony could be lynched on his unhelpfulness alone.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48