Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 72075 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2009, 06:31:02 pm »

Hey, Web, Alexhans, Josh, do you like my idea of us making day-by-day statements to release at the end of the game?
Yeah, that's a good idea. But, like Alex said, there should be two ICs in a small game. Eh?

At the time the above quoted post was made, Meph had clearly indicated that he was closing signups and that the game would begin after the weekend.

The fact that you are given a special status as a coach opens the potential for abuse of that status, and the post in question opens the possibility that you are aware of and intend to exploit that fact.

So, webadict, would you care to explain yourself? Why were you so eager to get in, that you would attempt to persuade the GM even after he has ruled?
Simply put, I feel that you all needed someone with some experience in mafias to show you how to play, instead of starting from scratch. Sometimes, it'll be easier and I can answer certain questions, or I can show you why an analysis is or is not correct.

[remainder of post clipped for space]

Fair enough. Be aware that I have read the Mafia Wiki that gets linked here often and will be keeping an eye on you, for the greater good of the game.

I'll unvote and vote for ToonyMan, as he has yet to face any serious pressure. Could you explain the previous grudge that led you to vote for Bloodbeard (and then quickly about face when called on it)? Also, why are you currently abstaining? And why are you simply dismissing any inquiries into your suspicious behavior? You might like the insanity of the mafia that you are currently running, but I consider this a serious game. No doubt others feel the same.

Free Beer: Post some of your thoughts. You're on and you've only posted once.

dakarian hasn't been on the forums since his one post, personally that doesn't seem very suspicous for a newbie.

As for my lack of posting, first I was waiting for webadict's reply, and then I have been attempting to post for the last half hour or so, but people keep preempting me.
Good. One should never trust someone on what they post or how they post it. Sometimes it is very difficult to figure if someone is scum or not, because they have yet to be read. Newbies can be very difficult, as I have never played a game with them and therefore have no previous information on them.
This is serious.  I counter with unabstainess!

Vote well....I don't know right now.  Hee hee.  Day 1's are blarg.

How about Org?  I'll change it later or something if something something.
Hmmm...

That's very suspicious. Scum is like that. They're cautious. They don't want to be too bold or they'll make a spectacle of themselves.
What exactly are you trying to say here, ToonyMan?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2009, 06:33:26 pm »

I'm not scum?  I don't know.

If you mean the quote, well eduren told me to say something so I did.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2009, 06:47:05 pm »

Are you saying you're not sure if you're not scum?

And that's not very helpful, if you're only posting because someone told you to.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2009, 06:51:56 pm »

Unvote BloodBeard. He seems like a good guy, at least for right now.

ToonyMan is acting silly, but that's not out of character for ToonyMan. He's always trying to be funny and usually failing. This doesn't necessarily clear him of suspicion, if he's acting... too silly.

I'm suspecting dakarian, because he's lurking.

eduren and Org are both acting suspiciously, but we need to get dakarian out here and talking.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2009, 06:55:45 pm »

ToonyMan is acting silly, but that's not out of character for ToonyMan. He's always trying to be funny and usually failing. This doesn't necessarily clear him of suspicion, if he's acting... too silly.
I'm going to say this right now:

Don't ever let anyone be silly at the town's expense. If he's not participating, he's not helpful, and he should be lynched.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2009, 06:55:59 pm »

You're still being pretty scummy. Unvote. Toonyman.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2009, 06:57:18 pm »

The Whiteboard
Org: ToonyMan
ToonyMan: Free Beer, eduren
Vector: webadict
dakarian: Jim Groovester, Vector
eduren: BloodBeard, dakarian
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2009, 06:58:33 pm »

Ok.  The pain burns.  Hee hee.  Funny.  You do the same thing every mafia webadict.  I'm guessing you're scum.  Not to sure about eduren though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2009, 07:00:03 pm »

Ok.  The pain burns.  Hee hee.  Funny.  You do the same thing every mafia webadict.  I'm guessing you're scum.  Not to sure about eduren though.
If I do the same thing every mafia, how does that make me scum? And why aren't you voting me if you think I'm scum. Aren't you only random voting right now? Seems pretty odd to do that, doesn't it?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2009, 07:00:52 pm »

Lynch me if you think so.  It's simple.  I'm not scum though.  Easy.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2009, 07:01:43 pm »

Hes trying really hard not to FoS anyone.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2009, 07:02:24 pm »

OoOooOooo....I'm so bad.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2009, 07:04:40 pm »

Hes trying really hard not to FoS anyone.
And you're trying really hard to make basic analyses. Perhaps a bit more data would help substantiate your claim.

OoOooOooo....I'm so bad.
Seriously, you're not helping anyone right now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2009, 07:05:35 pm »

webadict and eduren are scum.  Easy.

Unvote.

Vote eduren.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2009, 07:07:41 pm »

Toonyman,

I asked you a few very innocent questions about your actions approximately one hour ago. Since then, you have replied seven times. In these replies, you have:
-changed your vote
-stated that you are not scum
-accused webadict and eduren of being scum
-not answered any of the original questions

What you are doing is extremely suspicious. It looks to me like you are attempting to set up a smoke screen of misdirection instead of seriously defending yourself. I think you should be lynched. My vote remains on you.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48