Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 72027 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2009, 05:51:24 pm »

Spanish 3

Donde es la biblioteca?
El biblioteca es en la ciudad.

1. I'm voting for dakarian because eduren doesn't look that dangerous.  Dakarian is lurking.  Eduren is currently bumbling around.  He is acting either like scum or like he doesn't know what he's doing.  For example, it seems that the ideal questions are psychological ones (like the color one).  He is asking questions that do not increase paranoia in the suspect, so at the moment I am considering him less dangerous.

Then, he's also running scared already.  His posts have a frightened tone and he's not behaving like he's in control anymore.  I figured I would FoS him (sorry, that's what I meant by casting suspicions) instead of using up my vote, because I want dakarian to feel like he/she/it has something serious to address and votes seem to outweigh FoS-ing.  Essentially, the goal is to induce a similar degree of panic in dakarian to that in eduren.

2. Why would I vote dakarian for FoS-ing you, at the same time as I FoS'd you?  The fingerpointing is not overzealous, in my point of view.  Eduren, you are acting very odd.
Contestas en roja

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2009, 05:52:15 pm »

Or I am doing this so I wont seem not like mafia

Did you mean the double negative?
Or didnt I not mean the double negative?
That's lynchable. You've basically said you're mafia and that you meant the double negative.

1. I'm voting for dakarian because eduren doesn't look that dangerous.  Dakarian is lurking.  Eduren is currently bumbling around.  He is acting either like scum or like he doesn't know what he's doing.  For example, it seems that the ideal questions are psychological ones (like the color one).  He is asking questions that do not increase paranoia in the suspect, so at the moment I am considering him less dangerous.

Then, he's also running scared already.  His posts have a frightened tone and he's not behaving like he's in control anymore.  I figured I would FoS him (sorry, that's what I meant by casting suspicions) instead of using up my vote, because I want dakarian to feel like he/she/it has something serious to address and votes seem to outweigh FoS-ing.  Essentially, the goal is to induce a similar degree of panic in dakarian to that in eduren.

2. Why would I vote dakarian for FoS-ing you, at the same time as I FoS'd you?  The fingerpointing is not overzealous, in my point of view.  Eduren, you are acting very odd.
So, the reason you think dakarian is more dangerous is because he's not posting, but eduren is posting, just nothing with substance?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2009, 05:54:46 pm »

I was clearing up webadicts confusion about who you were FoSing. I said that you were voting for dakarian because of his fingerpointing.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2009, 05:56:05 pm »

Or I am doing this so I wont seem not like mafia

Did you mean the double negative?
Or didnt I not not mean the double negative?
That's lynchable. You've basically said you're mafia and that you meant the double negative.

So, the reason you think dakarian is more dangerous is because he's not posting, but eduren is posting, just nothing with substance?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2009, 05:59:37 pm »

1. I'm not trying to vote eduren yet, so there are no contestas right now.

2. dakarian is an unknown quality.  I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but eduren seems like a fool.  I will probably end up voting for him when it actually comes to lynching, but right now I think it's more important to get dakarian out here and talking.

It's not that I think dakarian is dangerous.  It's that eduren seems not-that-dangerous, mostly silly.  My guess is that he's going to get lynched, which would be good; however, before the end of the first day, I would really like more information from people like dakarian and whatever other lurkers I've forgotten about.

3. Org, I don't understand your post.  Can you explain what you're trying to say?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2009, 06:00:40 pm »

I forgot a not.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2009, 06:02:15 pm »

Ah, sorry about that.  Thanks for the clarification.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2009, 06:03:34 pm »

No harm Vector, just remember

Quote from: Some dude
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2009, 06:03:39 pm »

Free Beer: Post some of your thoughts. You're on and you've only posted once.

dakarian hasn't been on the forums since his one post, personally that doesn't seem very suspicous for a newbie.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2009, 06:07:42 pm »

Hey, Web, Alexhans, Josh, do you like my idea of us making day-by-day statements to release at the end of the game?
Yeah, that's a good idea. But, like Alex said, there should be two ICs in a small game. Eh?

At the time the above quoted post was made, Meph had clearly indicated that he was closing signups and that the game would begin after the weekend.

The fact that you are given a special status as a coach opens the potential for abuse of that status, and the post in question opens the possibility that you are aware of and intend to exploit that fact.

So, webadict, would you care to explain yourself? Why were you so eager to get in, that you would attempt to persuade the GM even after he has ruled?
Simply put, I feel that you all needed someone with some experience in mafias to show you how to play, instead of starting from scratch. Sometimes, it'll be easier and I can answer certain questions, or I can show you why an analysis is or is not correct.

[remainder of post clipped for space]

Fair enough. Be aware that I have read the Mafia Wiki that gets linked here often and will be keeping an eye on you, for the greater good of the game.

I'll unvote and vote for ToonyMan, as he has yet to face any serious pressure. Could you explain the previous grudge that led you to vote for Bloodbeard (and then quickly about face when called on it)? Also, why are you currently abstaining? And why are you simply dismissing any inquiries into your suspicious behavior? You might like the insanity of the mafia that you are currently running, but I consider this a serious game. No doubt others feel the same.

Free Beer: Post some of your thoughts. You're on and you've only posted once.

dakarian hasn't been on the forums since his one post, personally that doesn't seem very suspicous for a newbie.

As for my lack of posting, first I was waiting for webadict's reply, and then I have been attempting to post for the last half hour or so, but people keep preempting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2009, 06:12:18 pm »

This is serious.  I counter with unabstainess!

Vote well....I don't know right now.  Hee hee.  Day 1's are blarg.

How about Org?  I'll change it later or something if something something.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2009, 06:13:24 pm »

I'll unvote and vote for ToonyMan, as he has yet to face any serious pressure. Could you explain the previous grudge that led you to vote for Bloodbeard (and then quickly about face when called on it)?

That was just silliness from a thing going on in my community fortress, although whether he was serious about voting me for that reason I don't know.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2009, 06:15:07 pm »

Hmmm...

That's very suspicious. Scum is like that. They're cautious. They don't want to be too bold or they'll make a spectacle of themselves.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2009, 06:15:44 pm »

You still haven't answered any of my questions. What are you hiding? Are you scum?

I'll unvote and vote for ToonyMan, as he has yet to face any serious pressure. Could you explain the previous grudge that led you to vote for Bloodbeard (and then quickly about face when called on it)?

That was just silliness from a thing going on in my community fortress, although whether he was serious about voting me for that reason I don't know.

I'd appreciate it if you let him answer for himself.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2009, 06:16:20 pm »

I'M BOLD.

I'M NOT SCUM.  HAHAHAHH.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48