Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 72064 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2009, 05:14:19 pm »

Well when i did accuse, i was turned upon pretty quickly. Trying to avoid that.
The point is to measure people's reactions. Are they good or bad? Do you think that it was forced or natural? What do you think of the person that said it?

The point is to find scum and you can't find any scum by doing nothing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2009, 05:16:19 pm »

Sure, there are people who seem to be acting oddly nervous.  It's pretty early in the day, though, so I don't see a real point to voting--though I'm guessing that it's mostly to raise paranoia and hope that scum take false steps?

I'll put it this way: I haven't really figured out what I'm doing yet, and I don't feel like getting on any bandwagons (given that the day ends on Thursday).  Right now, I'm trying to figure out how this game is played.  I suppose part of that is random voting.

Cast suspicions on eduren (nervousness, lack of analysis/questioning), vote dakarian.  He/she/it is being very quiet.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2009, 05:18:23 pm »

Hmm... Org could be using his homework as an excuse to lurk. What class is the homework for?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2009, 05:22:50 pm »

Unvote, then. I guess that explains the inactivity during the day.

back to the top of the list with Jim Groovester. What's your story?

Answer the question Jim! If that is your real name...

I'm trying to gather information and trying to make an informed decision about who to lynch on the first day.

That's my story, BloodBeard. What's yours?

A simple townsperson scumhunting.

Unvote

Vote eduren. Bandwagon votes me and jokes it off by admitting to be a bandwagoner. Just seems too laid back for my liking.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2009, 05:24:41 pm »

Well I guess i just dont like alliteration.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2009, 05:24:52 pm »

BloodBeard is telling the truth.  I FEEL IT.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2009, 05:35:16 pm »

Sure, there are people who seem to be acting oddly nervous.  It's pretty early in the day, though, so I don't see a real point to voting--though I'm guessing that it's mostly to raise paranoia and hope that scum take false steps?

I'll put it this way: I haven't really figured out what I'm doing yet, and I don't feel like getting on any bandwagons (given that the day ends on Thursday).  Right now, I'm trying to figure out how this game is played.  I suppose part of that is random voting.

Cast suspicions on eduren (nervousness, lack of analysis/questioning), vote dakarian.  He/she/it is being very quiet.
Well, why are you voting for dakarian and not eduren? And you shouldn't be casting suspicions on people. You should be finding suspicious people.

Also, when you want to say someone is suspicious, you say FoS. Like, I FoS eduren for being very lurky. His last response also did not actively look for scum. It was trying to show someone as suspicious:
Hmm... Org could be using his homework as an excuse to lurk. What class is the homework for?
That's very suspicious. Scum is like that. They're cautious. They don't want to be too bold or they'll make a spectacle of themselves.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2009, 05:36:14 pm »

FoS ToonyMan. Just because you don't act like a townsperson or mafia and it makes people pass you off as being silly and not consider you as a suspect.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2009, 05:38:36 pm »

I think Vector was talking about dakarian "FoS"ing me. Suggesting an overzealous fingerpointing.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2009, 05:39:47 pm »

Honors Lit/Comp
Spanish 3

That's very suspicious. Scum is like that. They're cautious. They don't want to be too bold or they'll make a spectacle of themselves.
Or I am doing this so I wont seem not like mafia

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2009, 05:40:27 pm »

FoS ToonyMan. Just because you don't act like a townsperson or mafia and it makes people pass you off as being silly and not consider you as a suspect.

Same could be said for you....maybe.......yeah.........yeah........*shakes head up and down*.......yeahhh

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2009, 05:42:44 pm »

Did you mean the double negative?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2009, 05:44:05 pm »

Did you mean the double negative?
Or didnt I not mean the double negative?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2009, 05:44:36 pm »

Spanish 3

Donde es la biblioteca?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2009, 05:48:44 pm »

1. I'm voting for dakarian because eduren doesn't look that dangerous.  Dakarian is lurking.  Eduren is currently bumbling around.  He is acting either like scum or like he doesn't know what he's doing.  For example, it seems that the ideal questions are psychological ones (like the color one).  He is asking questions that do not increase paranoia in the suspect, so at the moment I am considering him less dangerous.

Then, he's also running scared already.  His posts have a frightened tone and he's not behaving like he's in control anymore.  I figured I would FoS him (sorry, that's what I meant by casting suspicions) instead of using up my vote, because I want dakarian to feel like he/she/it has something serious to address and votes seem to outweigh FoS-ing.  Essentially, the goal is to induce a similar degree of panic in dakarian to that in eduren.

2. Why would I vote dakarian for FoS-ing you, at the same time as I FoS'd you?  The fingerpointing is not overzealous, in my point of view.  Eduren, you are acting very odd.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 48