Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 71969 times)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2009, 01:15:28 pm »

I've read Mephansteras saying before that he would manually change up roles if it made the game better, that's where I based my thoughts on webadict.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2009, 01:19:48 pm »

That's usually for role balance in Paranormal, and has more to do with roles and less to do with the people. (No Agent Seeker with an Agent, for example). And I do that less now that my script has gotten smarter.

In any case, never base your voting logic on what you think I might have done. Most of the time, I just let my scripts run and take the results. Which is what I did here, so you shouldn't be so quick to rule out webadict as scum. It's all up to the RNG. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2009, 01:35:57 pm »

Scratch that, Unvote. Vector hasn't been on in 3 days and i'd like a response sooner rather then later. Next on the list is Free Beer who also hasn't been on in 3 days. Next is webadict and I don't think Meph would make the experienced person here a mafia so back to the top of the list with Jim Groovester. What's your story?
You can NEVER exempt anyone from Mafia, unless there's a 100% chance that it's impossible. As the case may be, it is certainly possible for me to be scum, and you can't stop suspecting me. As Sherlock Holmes would say, "Improbable does not mean impossible."

And what's with these people not being on? They haven't been on in 3 days, and I highly doubt they'll be back afterward.

But, I'd rather question Org. Tell me Org, what color comes to mind first?

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2009, 01:43:35 pm »

I'll give you that, just a little misunderstanding with what Meph meant in a post from before. I haven't ruled you out but there are other reasons to not to ask you questions this early. For one beginners would be easier to read.

I'm worried about Vector, not only has he not been on in 3 days but in the months that he has been a member of this forum he only has 3 posts.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2009, 01:45:14 pm »

Rule 1 of a mafia game: NEVER outguess the Mod. 

I tried that a long time ago in a set of games where everyone had a power role and someone claimed Timmie the Townie.  Turned out the mod slipped in that exact role. 

As such, I'll maintain a Fos of webadict if only because when I read through the Para matches I ALWAYS get worried when he gets active.  Besides, what else do I have to go on ;P

As for the vote, I was about to vote Org but web beat me to it.  A few others havn't been around a few days and it might be best to get the active folks talking first.  As such I'll start on eduren

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2009, 02:32:33 pm »

Wait, so theyres a lynching on the first day?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2009, 02:54:11 pm »

OK I'M JUST POSTING BECAUSE I JUST SAW THIS THREAD OK?

;D

Vote BloodBeard.

You don't like me do you?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2009, 02:57:13 pm »

Wait, so theyres a lynching on the first day?

Ah, right, I forgot that there are variants of mafia that start at night. Yes, we start at day 1 with a lynch, rather then at night. Mostly because I think it's lame that a player can be killed before ever getting to do anything. At least this way the town gets information based on voting patterns and everyone gets to at least play the first round.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2009, 02:59:10 pm »

Hmm... how about BloodBeard
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2009, 03:01:00 pm »

I promise I'm actually here and not dead.  I'm just a heavy-duty lurker.

Anyway, I do not actually know how this first-day business actually works.  It appears that we're asking each other random questions... ?  Is there any particular process one uses to determine proper vs. improper questions?

Additionally, I'm confused about why someone would ask my what my story is, given that in the game there is no story to give.  Would the answer not always be some permutation of "I am just a simple townsperson, trying not to get killed by the Mafia"?

Honestly, I'm quite confused.  Thanks for the help, and sorry for the wandering all over the place.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2009, 03:05:01 pm »

Hey, Web, Alexhans, Josh, do you like my idea of us making day-by-day statements to release at the end of the game?
Yeah, that's a good idea. But, like Alex said, there should be two ICs in a small game. Eh?

At the time the above quoted post was made, Meph had clearly indicated that he was closing signups and that the game would begin after the weekend.

The fact that you are given a special status as a coach opens the potential for abuse of that status, and the post in question opens the possibility that you are aware of and intend to exploit that fact.

So, webadict, would you care to explain yourself? Why were you so eager to get in, that you would attempt to persuade the GM even after he has ruled?

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2009, 03:20:46 pm »

Yay, you two aren't inactive.

OK I'M JUST POSTING BECAUSE I JUST SAW THIS THREAD OK?

;D

Vote BloodBeard.

You don't like me do you?

That's for Rysith not beating Fireheart isn't it?  ;D

I can forgive Toony because he is a hyper little...something, but eduren's lynch with no added comments look a little bandwagony to me. I request a more detailed explanation please.

Vector: Right now it's the only thing we can do. Depending on how you answer questions you might reveal more then you intended.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2009, 03:21:33 pm »

Hmm... how about BloodBeard

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....are you scum?!  SCUM SCUM SCUM.

Unvote.

Yes you got me BloodBeard, it was that.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2009, 03:27:27 pm »

Blue.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2009, 03:30:22 pm »

Well Im a bandwagonny type of guy. I kinda just wanted to get this first lynch out of the way. My vote still stands though.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48