Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 72023 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Game over!
« Reply #630 on: August 15, 2009, 09:33:01 am »

You would of lynched all the town.  D:

EDIT:  Wait, nevermind you already did.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 15, 2009, 09:48:24 am »

Me? Jumping down your throat? You wish.

I wonder what would've happened had people listened to me...?

Yeah, in comparison with Free Beer's and dakarian's attacks, they were pretty light. Mostly insults aimed at me in your defense. Getting insulted by a (relative) stranger still bugs me, though.

Day 2 was too damn long. It should not have been as long as it was. Four, almost five, real life days of suspicion and accusations to agonize over and defend against and second guess was not helpful to the town.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 15, 2009, 09:49:32 am »

Each day there was a new lynch suspect.

Wait, did town even once have a majority of votes on a mafia member?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 15, 2009, 10:05:16 am »

Each day there was a new lynch suspect.

Wait, did town even once have a majority of votes on a mafia member?
No, because no one would let me lynch Vector.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 15, 2009, 10:08:25 am »

Oh, hee, I remember that.  I sorta defended Vector from you didn't I?   :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 15, 2009, 10:43:22 am »

Oh, hee, I remember that.  I sorta defended Vector from you didn't I?   :P
Everyone did. I mean, sure, let's not trust the pro on this one. He couldn't spot a scum from a mile away. Now, I'm going to make sure I push people's lynches when I KNOW they're scum. It's when you guys made me second-guess that I figured everyone must be right.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 15, 2009, 10:55:16 am »

Not again. Are other mafias this stressful? If they are, I'm staying away from them with a twenty foot pole.

No usually. At least, not for most people (chaoticjosh gets pretty stressed out a lot of games). But the presence of more power roles tends to give people a lot more information, so there tends to be less of the hiding and drama that this game had and more simple misdirection and power role use.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 15, 2009, 11:36:26 am »

Someone said they wanted to know why I disagreed with Webadict about his pairing.

My reasoning is because to me, it seemed Towny to challenge him and give my reasons. Although, if you guys thought it looked scumy, I won't do it again.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 15, 2009, 12:15:24 pm »

Someone said they wanted to know why I disagreed with Webadict about his pairing.

My reasoning is because to me, it seemed Towny to challenge him and give my reasons. Although, if you guys thought it looked scumy, I won't do it again.

It wasn't so much that it looked scummy, it was that it didn't seem (to me) to look scummy to agree with Webadict there, and just going with that pairing would have avoided the suspicion on Free Beer that followed. You, webadict, Free Beer, and possibly Dakarian vote Eduren, Eduren dies, game over. For the day, you'd be able to hide behind agreeing with webadict (who Vector had declared probably town D2), and by the time Eduren flipped town you would have already won.

That bit that triggered suspicions of scum was
Although Webadict, you are right about not discounting me from the possible mafia ranks, just because everyone who is alive attacked Vector/Me at some point.I mean, if I was scum I would do exactly that.
Which you were, and you were doing exactly that, but calling attention to it like that is suspicious.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 15, 2009, 12:40:40 pm »

Okay, I'll remember that if I'm ever Scum again.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 15, 2009, 12:56:37 pm »

This mafia really was deeply tiring, and it didn't help that nothing I could use worked out. 

About Day 2, when I struck my attack on Vector/Jim I got thrown off by two things really:

1. Jim and Vector's defense.  Vector's Mafia chat is right: I do look at appeals to push me back.  I said that I just want to see someone crack one way or another.  Jim's reply after my post failed that while Vector appealed well.  It's what lead me to Jim over Vector

2. Web's dislike of me.  I listened to you enough to aim at Vector at first, but it's hard to join you completely when I'm the second target.  I then paniced thinking "If Vector turns up town Web will kill me, and we'll lose".  When Free threw that barb to go after Jim, I jumped for it. I trusted your judgement as far as finding scum mostly.. but the target of me (proving you were wrong on one idea) along with the thought that YOU could be scum AND the odd defense of Jim..ugg.

In the end, though, it seems that we had a good few people who were very much in the spotlight-Toony, Jim, Web, and me-and we just ate each other.  In fact, we ended up canceling each other out: Web accused Vector and me, I accused Vector and Jim, Toony (based on dead chat) thought Free Beer and Web.  We ended up butting heads with each other and falling into each other's radar.

As for my Bet.. it was nervewracking.. a thrill.. and something I DON'T recommend anyone do.  :P

Sidenote: Jim, Vector had it right: I would've pulled my bet from you if you appealed to me instead of accused me.  It was the 'accuse, but don't vote' that got me to attack so harshly. 

Fun game overall.  I HATE having to be away on second shifts, since that's when most of the action is.  It makes me afraid to join another one.  I do wonder if another 'simple' game can show up though: without many roles it makes for VERY interesting situations and makes a nice counterpoint to Para.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 15, 2009, 07:00:01 pm »

Just try to lay off on the walls of text Dakarian, I don't think I've ever read one of your posts in it's entirety.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 16, 2009, 02:48:48 am »

Wish I could say I'll try.  I've spent just about 10 years trying to tone down my posts.  I've just about given up.  I write essays more often than I write anything else.  I'm not much better in person once you can get past my shyness and give me something to babble about.

If it helps, I'll make sure to leave a summary at the bottom that plops down the meat and potatoes.

Meanwhile:

You... you're stupid, but I think you're town, just like Org. It's still suspicious of you, but only an arrogant braggart with a messiah complex would start such a stupid gamble.

Call me crazy but it's my favorite quote and sits about as high as when I nearly got myself lynched for doing an 'evil looking' smiley while saying "Hi guys!" for my opening post. :D

YAY, I can edit again.... just wanted to say that I'm highly tempted of sigging the second part of that.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 02:51:53 am by dakarian »
I KNEW IT!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 16, 2009, 04:45:36 am »

Dakarian, you wouldn't mind doing some of my homework essays sometime would you?  ;)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 16, 2009, 10:28:41 am »

It'd be late.   I've literally written down an over 750 word post in a forum while ignoring a 300 word homework assignment.  It kept happening till I did a word count on my average post and realize how silly it is.
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48