Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 72033 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Game over!
« Reply #615 on: August 14, 2009, 11:37:50 pm »

Damn hard, webadict lost.
I blame dakarian, for letting me not lynch who I wanted to initially: That Vector.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 14, 2009, 11:41:24 pm »

Personally, I wouldn't have another beginners mafia. This was anything but 'beginners' and was probably harder then most paranormal games  :D

If I'm not mistaken, most of the players were virgins to forum mafia, but had played a few live games.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 14, 2009, 11:45:49 pm »

Personally, I wouldn't have another beginners mafia. This was anything but 'beginners' and was probably harder then most paranormal games  :D

I thought it served its purpose quite well. It introduced new blood to the mafia games. I would support a Beginners II.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 14, 2009, 11:46:07 pm »

I meant beginners as in easy, that this wasn't suited for first-timers.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 14, 2009, 11:48:07 pm »

Im pretty sure nobody wanted it to be easy. I think its great to start playing with a really tough and analytical game.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 14, 2009, 11:53:14 pm »

"Ok, new recruits.  Instead of training you guys to be strong warriors we're going to strap bombs to you and make you run at the enemies screaming.  Any questions?"

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 14, 2009, 11:54:44 pm »

I think that the lack of a cop really contributed to that: Nobody could come out and say "They are scum" or "They are town", because nobody had any way to know. A cop investigating Vector N1 (and he was an obvious target for that) would have cut away most of the drama and likely turned D2 into a quick Vector-lynch. Instead, there was a lot of debate, analysis, and pleas for mercy, which (from the outside) seemed to really contribute to everyone's fun.

With luck, these will start introducing a new batch of people who aren't afraid to really dig in and figure things out from behavior alone.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 14, 2009, 11:58:36 pm »

I'd just like everyone to know that this only lends credit to my theory that states if I say "So-and-so" is scum, they are scum. This only works for the first person though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 15, 2009, 12:04:20 am »

I am a delayer.  webadict is scum.

Muahahah.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 15, 2009, 12:09:37 am »

I am a delayer.  webadict is scum.

Muahahah.
Too bad you got roleblocked :P

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #625 on: August 15, 2009, 12:16:02 am »

I've been following this thread since it started, just to see how things turned out and I have to say WOW!   You guys really can spew some amazing walls of text!  ;D

Still, I look forward to seeing all of the new people in other mafias around the boards.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 15, 2009, 12:17:57 am »

Im pretty sure nobody wanted it to be easy. I think its great to start playing with a really tough and analytical game.
This game is a good candidate for the hardest mafia on the forum (judging by post count, assuming post count is an accurate metric for the amount of thinking that was done). There are a lot of comparable ones, but none with so few players.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 15, 2009, 02:57:16 am »

Goddammit you two were dirty, sneaky bastards. I was completely fooled, right up until my demise. And even then, Vector still evaded all my suspicion. Great job, mafiosos.

Uggh, I don't think I can play another one of these. It was way too stressful. Beginner's Mafia my ass, this thing kept me up all night every night worrying to death. If it wasn't webadict jumping down my throat it was dakarian jumping down my throat ALL FUCKING DAY LONG YOU FUCKING ASSWIPE to Free Beer jumping down my throat, marginalizing all my arguments, accusing me of being incoherent, etc. etc., and nobody listening to me because I was top scum pick. Ick.

Not again. Are other mafias this stressful? If they are, I'm staying away from them with a twenty foot pole.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 15, 2009, 09:15:56 am »

You pulled what we call a "ToonyMan".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 15, 2009, 09:22:50 am »

Goddammit you two were dirty, sneaky bastards. I was completely fooled, right up until my demise. And even then, Vector still evaded all my suspicion. Great job, mafiosos.

Uggh, I don't think I can play another one of these. It was way too stressful. Beginner's Mafia my ass, this thing kept me up all night every night worrying to death. If it wasn't webadict jumping down my throat it was dakarian jumping down my throat ALL FUCKING DAY LONG YOU FUCKING ASSWIPE to Free Beer jumping down my throat, marginalizing all my arguments, accusing me of being incoherent, etc. etc., and nobody listening to me because I was top scum pick. Ick.

Not again. Are other mafias this stressful? If they are, I'm staying away from them with a twenty foot pole.
Me? Jumping down your throat? You wish.

I wonder what would've happened had people listened to me...?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48