Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 72070 times)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #600 on: August 14, 2009, 09:15:53 pm »

Well, reading the mafia/dead chats, I have to say excellent job Vector and Free Beer. I really think that it was that day 2 confusion that you sowed, and then successfully pulled out of, that decided the game. Especially the part where Webadict was vouching for Vector's townieness, which was excellent in retrospect.

One question for Kashyyk:
Just so everyone knows, the scum team is indeed dakarian/eduren.

Why did you disagree with Webadict there? That was one of the scum pairings that you (as mafia) really really liked, since it was advanced by webadict and didn't involve you or Free Beer. Yet, even though you had reasons to agree with that pairing for pro-town reasons and it would have meant near-certain victory for you, you responded with a post that pointed out your potential scummyness and disagreed with Web's analysis. It seemed like a very odd response to me.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Game over!
« Reply #601 on: August 14, 2009, 09:27:32 pm »

Sorry guys I couldn't get to my computer.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 14, 2009, 09:38:38 pm »

Curse those never-ending stairs toying with you eduren!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 14, 2009, 10:41:51 pm »

To be honest i don't think i could have said anything to change your guys' minds. Especially web, you seemed pretty certain.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 14, 2009, 10:55:34 pm »

That's crap logic Eduren, if Mafia's taught me anything, it's that you shouldn't give up until the very end. Say anything and everything you have to get what you need done. Never admit defeat until the very last second, and even then, you should be pouring your heart out to win.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 14, 2009, 10:57:12 pm »

I knew vector was one after day 1, it was free beer who threw me off. Free beer, it's funny that you mentioned that comment I made about reading people (though you misread it a bit) in the mafia chat. I posted that to try and lure scum into accusing me with it if I were to be a townie. I would have rallied against you if you had quoted it in the topic, nice.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 14, 2009, 11:00:13 pm »

That's crap logic Eduren, if Mafia's taught me anything, it's that you shouldn't give up until the very end. Say anything and everything you have to get what you need done. Never admit defeat until the very last second, and even then, you should be pouring your heart out to win.

I would have, if I was able to.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 14, 2009, 11:01:19 pm »

I know, just don't put yourself down, alright?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 14, 2009, 11:06:53 pm »

I could've been persuaded. It's your lack of defense that made me angry. You didn't even try. You say what you need to say, like CJ said. I've been on the edge before, and it sucks but it's not the end. What you need to do is speak from your heart. Yeah, I thought you were scum, especially since you gave up right there.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 14, 2009, 11:18:19 pm »

Post-game analysis:
-BloodBeard: You did a good job trying to think things through, but you were too obvious about the fact that you were thinking things through. It's why the mafia targeted you on Night One. If you're town, think things through but don't let on that you're doing it.

-dakarian: You also did a good job at thinking things through. I think the problem is that you put too much stock in what other people were saying. You listened to me and webadict, even though IIRC both of us manipulated the facts.

-ToonyMan: Your clever ruse at the beginning caught me. I don't understand why you focused on eduren and webadict. If you tried to talk more rather than focusing on the actual mechanics of the game, then I think your survival rate would go up.

-Org: You've improved your play style, since you didn't exhibit your tell in this game. Why didn't you vote, man? That alone probably would have kept you alive until day two, at least.

-eduren: You did well defending yourself, when you did defend yourself. I think if you were more active, you would not have been voted so much. Try to start bandwagons more instead of joining them, and think about why you suspect people before you say that you suspect them. In short, play a more cerebral game and a less visceral game.

-Jim Groovester: Don't claim Doctor. It's suicide. Your instincts were good, but you did not do a good job following up on them. You would have enjoyed more success if you relied more on logic and evidence, rather than emotional appeals.

-webadict: Why did you lie about being Doctor? You completely burned the bridge for a Cop claim when you did that. If you had stuck with the "I might be Cop" story then I'd have been too scared to move off Vector on Day Two. Good job posturing, either way.

-Vector: Your plans were way better than mine and your defense was superb, but you gave yourself away a couple of times. I think you have the potential to become a very dangerous scum player.

-Kashyyk: You were absent at first, and then you jumped on the eduren bandwagon, which contradicted our earlier plan. I think we were lucky that everyone was tired on Day Three.

-Free Beer: My ambusher skill has increased. It is now High Master. The only person who seriously suspected me was Jim Groovester, and he only did so for the sake of suspecting me. As Meph could testify, I was probably the most paranoid player present. I had all the bases covered. My defense was ironclad. My problem was that I sucked at planning and tended to get in the way of Vector's better ideas. I also relied completely on the mafia wiki, even after it was demonstrated to be wrong (for example, I was led to believe that Jim was Cop, not Doctor).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 14, 2009, 11:20:07 pm »

Psh, if I lied about being Cop, there'd be no point. I don't wanna lie about that, and I'm glad I didn't. No townie needs to lie about that, but it's good to have it out there anyway.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 14, 2009, 11:21:36 pm »

My clever russ I thought was for webadict and eduren, I didn't even notice you I think.   ;D

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 14, 2009, 11:25:28 pm »

And here I go and find out Vector really was mafia. Thanks a lot dakarian.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 14, 2009, 11:32:51 pm »

Personally, I wouldn't have another beginners mafia. This was anything but 'beginners' and was probably harder then most paranormal games  :D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 14, 2009, 11:36:15 pm »

Damn hard, webadict lost.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 48