Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 72112 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #555 on: August 12, 2009, 06:28:24 pm »

... I hate you ToonyMan.

So, we've got webadict, dakarian, Vector, eduren, and Free Beer.

That means two of you are scum and we're at lylo. I'm getting really bad at reading these people, so I'm going to ask Vector something:

Who's scum? I've obviously been wrong every time I've decided on someone, and the only person I can think who'd be scum is eduren, but I'd rather ask who you think is scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 13, 2009, 12:47:32 am »

Crap. By Vector, I mean Kashyyk.

Anyhow, anyone alive, or are we going to do this in some weird let's not play way?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 13, 2009, 01:39:26 am »

I was after the doctor?!

*sigh*  ok.. I..  have NO idea where to go from here.  Before I even ask anything, I'm going to have to do a run through the ugly mess that was yesterday.  That scan might have to wait for tomorrow though.  2 am.. just came from work.  Just found out that the situation is even WORSE than I imagined it would be AND that just about everything I knew was wrong.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 13, 2009, 01:46:59 am »

I was after the doctor?!

*sigh*  ok.. I..  have NO idea where to go from here.  Before I even ask anything, I'm going to have to do a run through the ugly mess that was yesterday.  That scan might have to wait for tomorrow though.  2 am.. just came from work.  Just found out that the situation is even WORSE than I imagined it would be AND that just about everything I knew was wrong.

I'm not gonna say I told you so... but, well, I did. I'm guessing it was two groups of townies against each other. The problem is that I don't know if you, dakarian, are scum or not. And if you aren't scum then the team is Free Beer and eduren, who I keep passing up because I stop making him a threat...

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 13, 2009, 02:21:09 am »

What the hell happened with Toonyman?

webadict, why did you vote for Toonyman when you previously seemed determined on my scumminess? If its because of his foolishness why was it particularly damning on Day 2 rather than on Day 1?

Free beer, you gave the deciding vote to lynch Toony only 5 minutes before the end. Why did you vote Toonyman instead of Jim? Why did you provide almost no reasons for you vote?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 13, 2009, 02:45:32 am »

What the hell happened with Toonyman?

webadict, why did you vote for Toonyman when you previously seemed determined on my scumminess? If its because of his foolishness why was it particularly damning on Day 2 rather than on Day 1?

Free beer, you gave the deciding vote to lynch Toony only 5 minutes before the end. Why did you vote Toonyman instead of Jim? Why did you provide almost no reasons for you vote?
Because I couldn't risk ToonyMan. He's simply unreadable and that's bad... I regret that he was town, but not that he was lynched, because he's the most anti-town townie ever.

Also, you're scum, right?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 13, 2009, 03:00:30 am »

I was after the doctor?!

I'm not gonna say I told you so... but, well, I did. I'm guessing it was two groups of townies against each other. The problem is that I don't know if you, dakarian, are scum or not. And if you aren't scum then the team is Free Beer and eduren, who I keep passing up because I stop making him a threat...

I'm not sure if you are scum or not either, but I think we're just mirroring each other: something we've been doing a good bit of lately. 

If there's ONE thing good out of this, though, it's that the Jim nightkill finally unlocks me from him.  I was deadset to keep on him for Day 3. 

As another would put it, btw, we stand a good chance of hitting scum today, if only at random.  I'm wondering if it'll be easier to figure out who is least likely to be scum or else most likely.

Well, we can start with answering your question Web.  Again, I havn't done my scan, so this is shooting from the hip (given my track record, might be best).  Free Beer and Vector.  Free Beer because of the vote switch.  Vector because....because

#%%$ I don't know.  I don't have any good targets yet so I guess it's almost a random choice.  Still, if the question needs to be answered there you go.

Eduren seems to dislike Web and Free Beer.

So that leaves Vector and Free Beer to comment.  Hey you guys, who do you think are our two culprits?

Sidenote: I dislike lynching 'anti town townies'.  We've been lynching people who havn't been townie helpful like crazy (Org was silent and defensive.  Toony was crazy and hard to read.) and we're about to lose the game.  It's pretty clear that our mafias have been acting "very helpful" to the town and using the others as bait. 

Another sidenote;  From my gut instict:  Vote Free Beer

My mind is saying " Idon't know what to do".  My gut says "Hey Free Beer.. what's up?"
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 2- Sub found
« Reply #562 on: August 13, 2009, 03:03:36 am »

From day 2.

Jim, there IS no Cop. Anyone that claims it tomorrow is lying. Believe me.

Oh, and Jim, protect Vector for me, will ya? I'd much rather I died then Vector or you do, but if you don't die tonight then Vector is a premium target.

lolwat?

I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 13, 2009, 03:11:31 am »

From day 2.

Oh, and Jim, protect Vector for me, will ya? I'd much rather I died then Vector or you do, but if you don't die tonight then Vector is a premium target.

lolwat?

I feel like Vector is town now.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 13, 2009, 03:39:04 am »

When did we find out Jim was Doctor?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 13, 2009, 06:03:42 am »

I think I am going to question dakarian. I know you have a limited time online, so I am going to ask lots of questions at once. Although I would appreciate it if you answered them all, if you're on a serious time crunch it would be okay with me if you only answered a few of them. If you only answer a few of them, please answer the ones at the top of the list first.

• Could you tell us why you were so DEAD SET that Jim was scum? What evidence did you have?
  • And could you tell us who you think is town? Be aware that there are still three townies present. What evidence makes you think that they are town?
  • What do you think of webadict's "the four people who were at each other's throats yesterday were all town" theory?
  • Could you elaborate on what you think of me? What do you think of my actions this game? What stands out?
  • What did you think of ToonyMan's "eduren and webadict were out to get me on Day One so they MUST be scum" theory?
  • What did you think of Jim Groovester's "webadict, dakarian, and Free Beer were out to get me on Day Two so they MUST be scum" theory?

Jim claimed he was the Doctor about an hour before the scheduled end of Day Two.

I changed my vote to ToonyMan on the principle that if Jim were really the doctor, the mafia would go after him that night. If we simply lynched him, the mafia would go after whoever they wanted. Better to let the town decide who dies than the mafia, right?

The only issue then would be to determine whether Jim was the doctor. I had no way of knowing whether he was or was not the doctor, so I decided to work out if he was worth keeping alive at all. Hence, the deal that I proposed to him. If he could come up with any sort of decent argument that used logic and evidence, then I'd keep him alive and question him on Day Three. He scored 1.5 out of 2.

There were two reasons for me to specifically vote ToonyMan:
1. It was still plausible for him to be mafia. His only redeeming trait was his gambit at the beginning of Day One. Since he was crazy enough to do it in the first place and he chickened out at the halfway mark, it could have been possible that he did it as a WIFOM. Everything else he did (swing voting, lurking, lack of explanations) marked him as scum. His position on my list of suspects by merit was between Jim Groovester and dakarian.
2. If I voted anyone else, it would have tied the vote. Doing so would have saved ToonyMan, but it would also have meant that nobody died on Day Two. We would still have been in lynch-or-lose on Day Three regardless, so it would have been better to risk losing an extra townsperson. The potential gain (possible mafia lynch, easier to ID mafia on Day Three) was worth it.

Oh, and it was two minutes before the end, not five.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 13, 2009, 09:02:03 am »

From day 2.

lolwat?

I feel like Vector is town now.

Not about Vector, silly, the part that I bolded.  You flat out said "Jim, protect Vector".  How did you know that Jim was the Doctor? 

I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 13, 2009, 09:51:09 am »

1. this is a bit of OMGUSing I see :P

That said.

I think I am going to question dakarian. I know you have a limited time online, so I am going to ask lots of questions at once. Although I would appreciate it if you answered them all, if you're on a serious time crunch it would be okay with me if you only answered a few of them. If you only answer a few of them, please answer the ones at the top of the list first.

• Could you tell us why you were so DEAD SET that Jim was scum? What evidence did you have?
Day 1 I had no problems with him.  It started with Day 2.  I came in and realized I had no targets to aim at (a bad thing) so I decided to do a look through of all of the players.  I started with Jim just because he was on the top of my list of players and planned to keep going.  I noticed through my scan that Jim was pretty protective of Vector for some reason.  I planned to move on, but my gut said to 'keep looking'.

So then I noticed the voting link between Jim and Vector: that they kept voting for the same person, even when that person changed.  Now they seem to be charging on Web.  I then looked up vector and noticed he accused Web of masterminding the Org lynch.  However, I saw that Jim and Vector had their votes on Org long before and that Jim was the one to declare that we should aim for our 'final votes' and that Org was his target (right after Vector stopped showing as a threat).  Web grilled org a good bit but as far as influence he didn't do much at all. 

So I aimed for both of them, focusing on Vector.  When I attack, I lay my accusations out and wait for the response.  I expect answers, explanations, and reasonings.  Jim gave me OMGUS and strawmen.  I kept on him.  Vector's response, along with dealing with Web led me to start my Bet, aimed at Vector.  However, another person said "if you dislike Jim so much why not vote for him".  It made sense, since Vector was defending himself pretty well and Jim no so much, so I switched.

When I made that bet, I expected either people would call me a crazy townie and don't vote on me or a bluffing scum and vote.  Jim called me scum BUT didn't vote.  That's silly to me: if I'm scum then lynch me.  He claimed I was baiting him (STILL don't understand that).  He claimed "I'll never get the votes to die" yet when enough people pledged to vote with him in order to bring a majority he STILL didn't vote...and STILL kept saying I'm a bluffing scum. 

Eventually, he started defending himself, but it seemed like just picking options..any options to get out of the radar.  Given how fast everyone else was looking at other people, I didn't want to let go: not while he still looked bad to me.  If he had not died last night, I would've started the day with a vote on him, though I'd give him another shot at clearing himself.

That's my reasonings.
  • And could you tell us who you think is town? Be aware that there are still three townies present. What evidence makes you think that they are town?

Blah.  My picks of you and Vector for scum are really out of thin air.  Even the 'reason' I gave for yours is BLAH.  I just dislike the "I don't know what to do so I'll do nothing" mess. 

Thus, if I'm unsure who is scum, I'm unsure who is town.  I can give my picks on 'town' but be warned that it would be just as random.  Since the scum pick would be Free and Vector, the town would be Web and Eduren. 

IF I can do a scan today (late start today.  Thank goodness for 48 hour Daytimes) I'll have Good picks with Good reasons.

• What do you think of webadict's "the four people who were at each other's throats yesterday were all town" theory?

Given Jim's death and that I'm one of the four, it's pretty darn accurate and very sad.  Mafia chat must be full of laughter watching the town self destruct.

• Could you elaborate on what you think of me? What do you think of my actions this game? What stands out?

Note this is pre-scan, and my memory STINKS (I messed up how many players there are during Day 2, with ugly results). 

Can't remember what you did Day 1.  Day 2, a few things come to mind.  Note that this isn't a "Why you are suspect" list so much as a "I remember this" list. 

1. You were one of the Spectators, along with Toony and Eduren, watching Day 2's battle but only joining in at the end.

2. You took my offer but voted for Jim with an accusation post.

3. You switched at the last minute to Toonyman, based on Jim's post.  After Toony was lynched, Jim was nightkilled.

4. You trusted me enough not to vote for me last day, but now you're willing to grill and vote for me now.  Note I said "If you don't trust me then off me NOW.  Don't avoid voting for me now and come after me later". 

Again, that's not a  "this is why you're scum" list.  I need to actually do my scan to make one of those.

• What did you think of ToonyMan's "eduren and webadict were out to get me on Day One so they MUST be scum" theory?

Toony being Toony.  He's a Kook without being given the roll.  Thus, expect OMGUSing, among other things.  It's a mark of interest that people were after him, but it was easy to be worried by his actions, so it's hard to mark people scum for acting on those worries.

• What did you think of Jim Groovester's "webadict, dakarian, and Free Beer were out to get me on Day Two so they MUST be scum" theory?

Jim ended up trusting me as town.  Thus not even Jim supports that theory (don't remember him making that link, in fact).

Jim claimed he was the Doctor about an hour before the scheduled end of Day Two.

#^(%#@YTYT$H I MISSED THAT! 

My head hurts.

Moot point I guess though.  Even if I spotted it and even IF I didn't take it for a "Mafia loves to claim doctor", it was Toony that got lynched.  Blah.

I changed my vote to ToonyMan on the principle that if Jim were really the doctor, the mafia would go after him that night. If we simply lynched him, the mafia would go after whoever they wanted. Better to let the town decide who dies than the mafia, right?

The only issue then would be to determine whether Jim was the doctor. I had no way of knowing whether he was or was not the doctor, so I decided to work out if he was worth keeping alive at all. Hence, the deal that I proposed to him. If he could come up with any sort of decent argument that used logic and evidence, then I'd keep him alive and question him on Day Three. He scored 1.5 out of 2.

There were two reasons for me to specifically vote ToonyMan:
1. It was still plausible for him to be mafia. His only redeeming trait was his gambit at the beginning of Day One. Since he was crazy enough to do it in the first place and he chickened out at the halfway mark, it could have been possible that he did it as a WIFOM. Everything else he did (swing voting, lurking, lack of explanations) marked him as scum. His position on my list of suspects by merit was between Jim Groovester and dakarian.
2. If I voted anyone else, it would have tied the vote. Doing so would have saved ToonyMan, but it would also have meant that nobody died on Day Two. We would still have been in lynch-or-lose on Day Three regardless, so it would have been better to risk losing an extra townsperson. The potential gain (possible mafia lynch, easier to ID mafia on Day Three) was worth it.

Oh, and it was two minutes before the end, not five.

Strong reasonable argument so far.  Unvote

Vote Eduren

Again, all this is prescan. 
I KNEW IT!

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 13, 2009, 11:13:11 am »

I'm satisfied with your answer to the first question, and I've got a couple of followups. Could you answer the rest post-scan? The amended list:

• What do you think of webadict's "the four people who were at each other's throats yesterday were all town" theory? In particular, how do you feel about webadict and Vector (now Kashyyk) being among those four?
  • Could you elaborate on what you think of me? What do you think of my actions this game? What stands out? Are the actions scummy? Is my reasoning good or bad? Are the actions I made actions that you would reasonably take?
  • If you think ToonyMan's theory was par for the course, what did you think about his continued insistence that webadict is scum?
  • What did you think of Jim Groovester's "webadict and dakarian were out to get me on Day Two so they MUST be scum" theory? What did you think of his change to me after I accused him?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 13, 2009, 11:19:46 am »

The Whiteboard
dakarian: Free Beer
eduren: dakarian, webadict
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48