Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 72131 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 2- Sub found
« Reply #525 on: August 11, 2009, 02:09:37 pm »

Heh, don't worry Meph, I'm fairly good at speed-reading.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 11, 2009, 02:36:15 pm »

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here. Obviously lynching Org was a mistake, because he was innocent after all, but I can't lie about the steps I took to voting for him. Blatant dishonesty would be an even bigger scum tell than everything else you accuse me of.
What I'm getting at:
-You voted Org at the start, accusing him of lurking even though he posted. You kept your vote on him anyway after you realized this mistake.
-You went lurker hunting briefly, switched back to Org claiming he was lurking again, and then kept your vote on him claiming he was unhelpful.
-Clearly, you had marked Org, whom we now know to be town, for death right at the start.

Are you seriously jumping down my throat because I asked you to clarify something? Why would I have been remotely worried about you suspecting me at that point? You didn't voice any suspicions towards me.
That's the point. Why did you ask me to clarify something if I didn't voice any suspicions toward you? The only logical explanation for that behavior was that you thought I might have voiced a suspicion toward you.

You said I was very jumpy during Day 1. If I was jumpy, wouldn't I have flipped out when BloodBeard voted me at the beginning? Why would I jump at that particular ambiguous comment instead of BloodBeard's accusation?
You did jump. You ignored him and then when he pressured you further you OMGUS'd him, remember?

And you'll notice that BloodBeard was innocent. Are you proud of this? You were obviously wrong about him. Are you sure you're not wrong here? Maybe buddying isn't a scum tell, especially if you're dealing with newbies who haven't read the mafia wiki front to back.
Actually, if I'm dealing with people who haven't read the mafia wiki front to back, the theory presented there would be more valid, and not less.

I don't know why webadict is defending me. From what I can tell, he's not. The most he said about me was that I might not be scum.
After a few people lumped you in with Vector, webadict tried to separate the two of you. Why would he do that? If you don't know, then think for yourself and come up with a plausible reason that doesn't involve the two of you being scum-buddies. Vector could do it when I asked him about other people's motives, why can't you?

And I already told you why I defended Vector. I think he's innocent. He accepted my defense because any defense is welcome reprieve from the hammering he was getting.

If you think he's innocent, why do you think he's innocent? Is it because you're both scum and you're covering for him?

Maybe he's stupid. You said his plan is stupid, why not extend it to the person who suggested the plan?

In this game, there's always somebody who wants somebody else dead, so why are you willing to believe dakarian for this reason?

dakarian is willing to bet the fate of the entire game on your scumminess. He wants us to lynch him to prove he's town and then lynch you when we're in lynch or lose on the next day. It's a plan that would fail if he were scum. I'm thinking he has something on you that we don't know about. If you flip town after you die, I fully intend to call him on it.

Indeed, the only way to call his bluff was to lynch him. Not just vote for him. I needed other votes to do that.
So then why didn't you vote him? If you want to organize a bandwagon, at least show the courage to vote for the guy you want dead. dakarian did. Why can't you?

Caution. Is it still a scum tell even if you're trying to gather information? I think it is. You're being sneaky, and deliberately avoiding suspicion by deliberately withholding your suspicions. You're trying to fly under the radar, and that's scummy.

It's pretty funny that you accuse me of being a coward while you've admitted to deliberately hiding.

I stated explicitly that I was not willing to discuss my motivations while I was in the process of questioning Vector. I had very specific and understandable reasons for doing so. I'm not hiding. I've finished questioning Vector, and since then I have stated my motives for questioning him already.

I've also been quite plain about all of my suspicions that did not directly involve Vector, and I've been plain about my suspicions on Day One. Both of these are facts that you seem to ignore. Why do you try to twist the truth?

So you were. Was your vote to get Vector talking, like mine on eduren was? That's what I figured it was. Did you change your mind after webadict accused Vector? I figure that's what you did.

Congratulations on being the one and only person to openly accuse our dear innocent BloodBeard! I don't know why you're touting this as an accomplishment.

You changed your vote after dakarian made his vote against me. Still bandwagony. You leapt off the Vector train after you saw that it was losing steam.

You're claiming I'm bandwagoning. I gave very specific and explicit reasons why I am not. And I didn't leap off the Vector train when it lost steam - my leaving the Vector train was the Vector train losing steam. Immediately prior to my jumping, Vector had three votes - he would have gotten lynched if the votes stayed that way. Again, why are you trying to twist the truth?

My vote to Vector was not to get him talking, it was for enforcement - if he didn't answer my questions, there was the very real and present threat that my vote would stay on him. Vector is still my #2 suspect by merit (although that is quickly beginning to shift toward you), and I would probably have kept my vote on him anyway if I had not noticed that you are guilty by association to both my main suspects.

Hold on, if webadict were the Cop, wouldn't that make him the obvious choice for Doctor protection? And if he is such a huge threat, wouldn't that still make him a pretty good choice for Doctor protection? He made that implicit tell of his. Are you mad you didn't pick up on it?

The Doctor would have had no way of knowing whether webadict is the Cop. The only information that the Doctor had on Night One was that webadict just led the town on a bad Org lynch. Ergo, webadict was not protected on Night One. You seem to have trouble understanding this fact. Did you have more information at the beginning of Night One than what the rest of the town had? Are you scum?

And why would you kill ToonyMan or eduren if you want their deaths to lead to webadict? ToonyMan suspected the both of them as scum, so that makes some sense. But why eduren? He voted for ToonyMan, and his death would lead directly back to ToonyMan. Aren't there better targets to cause suspicion on webadict, like dakarian, who openly accused him, even though he withdrew his accusation, or myself, because I was starting to suspect him at that point, too?

Unlike the rest of your post, you do have a good point here. If I and webadict were both scum, I'd have killed ToonyMan, you, or eduren. ToonyMan and you for the stated reason of leading to webadict and therefore clearing him. eduren would also be for clearing webadict: recall that webadict's vote for Org saved eduren. Killing eduren would have cleared webadict as his bad lynch of Org would have 'saved' eduren.

I won't let you marginalize my argument by saying that it's only a reaction to your accusation of me. Not all OMGUSes are wild backlashes. You've skated by unscrutinized. That's reason enough to accuse you.

What IS your argument against me, anyway? All I see is that you're trying to build something out of nothing. I maintain that you're just OMGUS'ing.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 11, 2009, 03:24:29 pm »

Okay, I have absolutely no idea what Vector was doing back there, so please don't judge me on what he said.
I'm going to start from the top and put my suspicions on the table.

dakarian: You seem suspicious to me, but only in that 'I have a hunch' kind of way. You seemed quite adamant about a Vector lynch but that looked understandable.

Webadict: I always suspect you. You are webadict. More often than not you are mafia. Period.

Jim Groovester & Free Beer: I reckon you two are both Townies who have just managed to spark each other off.

Fake edit: Actually, I don't remember seeing Eduren post at all recently, but I have been speed reading so I might have missed him.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 11, 2009, 03:45:43 pm »

Fake edit: Actually, I don't remember seeing Eduren post at all recently, but I have been speed reading so I might have missed him.

Sorry, Ive been collecting my thoughts.

At this moment, Jim still looks the most suspicious. He was unwilling to call dakarians bluff because he was content with letting everyone duke it out. When I explicitly gave him the opportunity to do so, he still stalled by saying that he wanted more votes. He was scared to lynch someone he new to be mafia, something a townie wouldn't do. He was acting in his own interest, for his own skin.

I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 11, 2009, 03:46:35 pm »

Damn, forgot Jim Groovester
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 11, 2009, 03:56:19 pm »

The Whiteboard
Free Beer: Jim Groovester
Jim Groovester: Free Beer, dakarian, eduren
ToonyMan: webadict
eduren: Vector

Reminder, you have 3 more hours before I end the day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 11, 2009, 04:10:38 pm »

Meph, could you change Vector to Kashyyk please?

Actually, i'll just unvote

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 11, 2009, 04:44:24 pm »

If Jim comes up town then the scum played you all.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 11, 2009, 04:48:23 pm »

If Jim comes up town then the scum played you all.

Says the guy who isn't even voting, thereby allowing the scum to have more control of who gets lynched.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 11, 2009, 04:54:59 pm »

lol

I can't vote webadict because then he'll pull OMGUS.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 11, 2009, 05:45:57 pm »

lol

I can't vote webadict because then he'll pull OMGUS.
lol. Like you even care? That's a first. I really want you gone now. It's so unlike you to be so cautious...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 11, 2009, 06:00:36 pm »

Vote webadict.

SCUM SUMC SUCM SUCMMMMMMMM

I CARE ALOT ABOUT GETTING SCUM DOOD.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 11, 2009, 06:06:51 pm »

Double vote webadict.  No.....QUADRUPLE vote webadict.

He must be lynched today.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 11, 2009, 06:09:42 pm »

The Whiteboard
Free Beer: Jim Groovester
Jim Groovester: Free Beer, dakarian, eduren
ToonyMan: webadict
webadict: ToonyMan

One hour left.

You still only get one vote, Toony.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 11, 2009, 06:15:08 pm »

I doubt I'm going to get killed this night seeing as webadict wants to put suspicion on me, I bet he's going to try to lynch me the next day while killing another town this night.  If Jim flips town, I know exactly what is going to happen.  If he flips scum......I have no clue.  Hmmm.

See you all the next day.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48