Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 71983 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #345 on: August 07, 2009, 06:44:35 pm »

The Whiteboard
Vector: Free Beer, webadict
eduren: Jim Groovester
Vector is voting for eduren too.

A note to Jim Groovester, Vector, and ToonyMan: Who do you think is town?

* Jim Groovester
    * dakarian
    * Org
    * ToonyMan
    * eduren
    * BloodBeard
    * Vector
    * Free Beer
    * webadict

I added mafia for the hell of it.  It would of happened anyway.
Why do you think that is the setup?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 07, 2009, 06:46:35 pm »

I believe eduren and Vector are scum.  Thus leaving the rest town.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 07, 2009, 06:46:46 pm »

The Whiteboard
Vector: Free Beer, webadict
eduren: Jim Groovester, Vector

Thanks, missed that somehow
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 07, 2009, 06:47:21 pm »

Also, a note to Free Beer, eduren, and dakarian: Who do you think is scum?

Just because its a new day does not mean that my feelings about Toonyman have changed. So Toony, can you elaborate your thoughts on Org's lynch and Blood's NK?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 07, 2009, 06:49:18 pm »

That's the opposite of what I wanted you to answer...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 07, 2009, 06:51:36 pm »

For Org, I didn't know if he was scum or town, but he was doing the usual "lolwut" stuff so I didn't really do anything about it.  He was town though.   :-\

For BloodBeard, nothing I found of him was suspicious so I didn't vote for him.  The first vote I made was just a joke about the Phoenix Arena thing.  I was going to unvote when he posted, like I did.

That's the opposite of what I wanted you to answer...

So you want me to tell you why I think everybody else is town?  That'll take about 10 or 20 minutes.  If you want.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 07, 2009, 06:52:47 pm »

I understand your beliefs on me as an individual, and Vector as well. But can you find evidence of a partnership?
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 07, 2009, 06:54:09 pm »

I understand your beliefs on me as an individual, and Vector as well. But can you find evidence of a partnership?

Hah, that's scummy.  Mafia try to stay apart when they play during the day.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 07, 2009, 06:55:13 pm »

Thank you Vector, for proving that once again, scum love the easy lynch. eduren is, in fact, not scum, and very much not so.

So Org, the problem that I see here is that you are playing a solely defensive game.  Take dakarian as an example, if you like: he had stuff to do, and then proved his usefulness to the town via a wall of text.  You've only attempted to assert your own innocence and deflect attacks.  That behavior is not exactly helpful (and cautiousness is also a scum-tell), which is why I'm voting for you at the moment.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize eduren was okay until Org was dead... Oh wait...

And just what you said, cautiousness is a scum tell. You're being cautious by NOT going after me.

Also, a note to Free Beer, eduren, and dakarian: Who do you think is scum?

A note to Jim Groovester, Vector, and ToonyMan: Who do you think is town?

First off, what makes you so certain that eduren isn't scum?  Also, how is it that you know eduren isn't scum because Org wasn't?  I actually can't understand your train of thought here.  Based on your use of ellipses, I'm guessing you're being sarcastic, but I don't know what you're actually trying to say.  Sorry for the confusion.

A lot of data has been spewed all over the place, and I can't really figure out what's happening right now--so I'm defaulting back to eduren until I can get my head on straight.  You're right.  His big block-o-text was pretty convincing.  I can believe that he hadn't figured things out at first.  As I said, however, until someone else does something suspicious, I am going to stick with eduren for now.

To webadict: if I were scum, why would I kill BloodBeard?

Mod: Unfortunately, I will be unable to get to a computer from the beginning of day 3 or so (I signed up for this not knowing how much time a standard game takes).  If it's not too much trouble, do you think you could find a replacement for me after that time?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 07, 2009, 06:56:20 pm »

That's your evidence? That there is none?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 07, 2009, 06:58:34 pm »

That's your evidence? That there is none?

That's what you want.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 07, 2009, 06:59:36 pm »

Mod: Unfortunately, I will be unable to get to a computer from the beginning of day 3 or so (I signed up for this not knowing how much time a standard game takes).  If it's not too much trouble, do you think you could find a replacement for me after that time?

Unfortunate, but sure. I'll put up a post in the replacements thread. (What date will you be gone from? The 12th?)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 07, 2009, 07:02:51 pm »

Yeah, I'm really sorry about that.  I think it'll be from the 11th at noon or so.  Thanks a lot for the help.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 07, 2009, 07:10:23 pm »

Curses, I forgot to answer the question about who I think is town.

Dakarian and ToonyMan.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 07, 2009, 07:35:06 pm »

I can't get over something.

webadict has gone after Vector since yesterday. It was unprovoked, and he failed to provide any compelling evidence yesterday, citing instead that he will have proof today. This trend continues today, deferring my questions instead to Vector's response, and again failing to provide any compelling evidence. Vector has yet to flinch against webadict, and is only rousing suspicion for webadict himself.

Furthermore, there's this:

Tomorrow, I will have plenty of proof on him. Today, however, I will not have much to go off of until somebody dies.

This made me think that webadict was going to do something in the night that would prove that Vector was scum, namely, investigate Vector as the cop. Quite frankly, I'm surprised webadict is still alive after giving such a tell like this. I would think the mafia would've seized up on something like that.

The above, combined with the way webadict is going after Vector, lead me to believe that webadict is scum.

Unvote eduren. I haven't decided on him yet. webadict, however, is  too dangerous to keep in this game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 48