Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 71946 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #330 on: August 07, 2009, 02:57:39 pm »

Why'd the mafia pick BloodBeard? BloodBeard was most suspicious of eduren, and it bears noting that he was also suspicious of me.

I have more thoughts about what went down late yesterday and last night, but let's get this started. eduren, you didn't make the decision to kill BloodBeard in a vacuum, did you? Explain yourself.

Anyways, webadict, you said this yesterday:

Tomorrow, I will have plenty of proof on him. Today, however, I will not have much to go off of until somebody dies.

You were speaking about Vector, so I'm curious about what sort of proof you have on him.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 07, 2009, 03:05:10 pm »

Why'd the mafia pick BloodBeard? BloodBeard was most suspicious of eduren, and it bears noting that he was also suspicious of me.

I have more thoughts about what went down late yesterday and last night, but let's get this started. eduren, you didn't make the decision to kill BloodBeard in a vacuum, did you? Explain yourself.

Tomorrow, I will have plenty of proof on him. Today, however, I will not have much to go off of until somebody dies.

You were speaking about Vector, so I'm curious about what sort of proof you have on him.
Fool! We have TWO confirmed townies to go off of. That's what we have. We can use everything they said yesterday, since it is proven they are town.

And everything you just is incredibly suspicious. You're voting for eduren because Bloodbeard was suspicious of him and of you? Or what? Are you saying we should lynch eduren because Bloodbeard was RIGHT about you?

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 07, 2009, 03:37:44 pm »

Vector, could you please tell us why you kept hunting lurkers on the last day?

And could you tell us who you suspect is mafia, and why?
So, why are you voting Vector now? And what exactly is wrong with hunting lurkers?

I tried being transparent with BloodBeard on day one, but it didn't work. He was pretty forthcoming until I started telling him my motives for questioning him. Then he suddenly got defensive. He had no motivation for getting defensive if he were town, and so I was pretty sure he was scum. And then it turned out he was town. I don't want the same thing to happen again. I want to find the mafia. I want people to answer my questions.

Therefore, please understand when I say I don't want to explain my motives for questioning Vector at this time. If you ask me again later, after I have questioned Vector some more, I'll be more willing to be open.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 07, 2009, 03:56:41 pm »

Vector, could you please tell us why you kept hunting lurkers on the last day?

And could you tell us who you suspect is mafia, and why?
So, why are you voting Vector now? And what exactly is wrong with hunting lurkers?
Quite fine. I believe that is certainly acceptable.

I tried being transparent with BloodBeard on day one, but it didn't work. He was pretty forthcoming until I started telling him my motives for questioning him. Then he suddenly got defensive. He had no motivation for getting defensive if he were town, and so I was pretty sure he was scum. And then it turned out he was town. I don't want the same thing to happen again. I want to find the mafia. I want people to answer my questions.

Therefore, please understand when I say I don't want to explain my motives for questioning Vector at this time. If you ask me again later, after I have questioned Vector some more, I'll be more willing to be open.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 07, 2009, 04:10:04 pm »

Fool! We have TWO confirmed townies to go off of. That's what we have. We can use everything they said yesterday, since it is proven they are town.

And everything you just is incredibly suspicious. You're voting for eduren because Bloodbeard was suspicious of him and of you? Or what? Are you saying we should lynch eduren because Bloodbeard was RIGHT about you?

eduren was the most suspicious person immediately after Org. BloodBeard voted for him, and we all would have voted for him if Org hadn't turned out to be a total tool and forced our hand. We may have been on to something, so I think a little pressure is appropriate.

BloodBeard was killed during the night, and I figured that it would be worth mentioning all of BloodBeard's suspicions in order to try and understand why he was killed, and understand the implications that they would lead to. Unfortunately for me, BloodBeard suspected me.

Though, if you suspect me, look at my brilliant mafia plan. BloodBeard begins suspecting me, so me and my mafia buddy decide to kill him. Then, the next day, everyone looks at BloodBeard's suspicions and they point back directly at me. Genius, no?

Anyways, you haven't answered my question about your proof about Vector.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 07, 2009, 04:15:07 pm »

eduren was the most suspicious person immediately after Org. BloodBeard voted for him, and we all would have voted for him if Org hadn't turned out to be a total tool and forced our hand. We may have been on to something, so I think a little pressure is appropriate.

BloodBeard was killed during the night, and I figured that it would be worth mentioning all of BloodBeard's suspicions in order to try and understand why he was killed, and understand the implications that they would lead to. Unfortunately for me, BloodBeard suspected me.

Though, if you suspect me, look at my brilliant mafia plan. BloodBeard begins suspecting me, so me and my mafia buddy decide to kill him. Then, the next day, everyone looks at BloodBeard's suspicions and they point back directly at me. Genius, no?

Anyways, you haven't answered my question about your proof about Vector.
Just because it's a bad plan, doesn't mean it's impossible.

And no, I have, in fact, NOT answered your question. But, I'm waiting for Vector's response as well.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 07, 2009, 04:59:57 pm »

Do you really think Im stupid enough to have NKed Bloodbeard? I was already under intense scrutiny and if I was mafia I probably would have picked someone less conspicuous.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 07, 2009, 05:06:03 pm »

Wait, I don't think anybody is saying that Bloodbeard was right, just that he wasn't acting on behalf of the scum. While, yes, his points have become more valid, being proven townie does not automatically make you psychic (unless the cop is involved but he couldn't have used his power anytime in the first day).
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 07, 2009, 05:10:14 pm »

No one says that he was right, it's just that his points are not biased toward the mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 07, 2009, 06:21:59 pm »

At long last, some answers to your queries.

1. I spent most of yesterday hunting lurkers because they're either worthless or dangerous.  Either they're sitting around without stating any of their suspicions whatsoever (thus hurting the town's efforts to identify scum), or they're scum sitting back and watching us try to murder each other.  Neither case is good.  So, I tried to get them to prove their allegiances.

2. At the moment, I'm vaguely worried about eduren and webadict, though I think the latter is much less likely than the former.  The latter isn't an OMGUS FoS so much as wondering about what happened with Org, because it seems almost like we were leveraged by his superior knowledge of previous games of mafia to kill one of our own.  Org's behavior definitely didn't help at all, but I think the eduren lynch would have gone through if not for webadict's accusation.  I can't fully say that he's suspicious.  He looks and smells town.  However, I believe that the range of his experience would allow him to masquerade as such quite readily, while we trust his direction like blind sheep.

As far as eduren goes, my reasoning stands from yesterday--that is, lack of helpfulness, bandwagoning, etc.  It also helps that BloodBeard was strongly suspicious of him and he fell for ToonyMan's scum-trap.  I also feel like I'm waiting for him to show some better reasons as to why he should live, if no one else starts emanating scum tells.

I'll admit, though, that I don't really know what to think at the moment.  I'm quite confused and hoping that today's progressions will clear a lot up.

3. eduren: Less conspicuous like whom?  In other words, can you think of someone less conspicuous than BloodBeard?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 07, 2009, 06:25:26 pm »

I'll back off webadict for now.  I think he's town.  Not so much for eduren though.  I'll wait for him to say something though before voting.  As in why we should not lynch him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 07, 2009, 06:37:57 pm »

Thank you Vector, for proving that once again, scum love the easy lynch. eduren is, in fact, not scum, and very much not so.

So Org, the problem that I see here is that you are playing a solely defensive game.  Take dakarian as an example, if you like: he had stuff to do, and then proved his usefulness to the town via a wall of text.  You've only attempted to assert your own innocence and deflect attacks.  That behavior is not exactly helpful (and cautiousness is also a scum-tell), which is why I'm voting for you at the moment.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize eduren was okay until Org was dead... Oh wait...

And just what you said, cautiousness is a scum tell. You're being cautious by NOT going after me.

Also, a note to Free Beer, eduren, and dakarian: Who do you think is scum?

A note to Jim Groovester, Vector, and ToonyMan: Who do you think is town?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 07, 2009, 06:40:04 pm »

At long last, some answers to your queries.

1. I spent most of yesterday hunting lurkers because they're either worthless or dangerous.  Either they're sitting around without stating any of their suspicions whatsoever (thus hurting the town's efforts to identify scum), or they're scum sitting back and watching us try to murder each other.  Neither case is good.  So, I tried to get them to prove their allegiances.

2. At the moment, I'm vaguely worried about eduren and webadict, though I think the latter is much less likely than the former.  The latter isn't an OMGUS FoS so much as wondering about what happened with Org, because it seems almost like we were leveraged by his superior knowledge of previous games of mafia to kill one of our own.  Org's behavior definitely didn't help at all, but I think the eduren lynch would have gone through if not for webadict's accusation.  I can't fully say that he's suspicious.  He looks and smells town.  However, I believe that the range of his experience would allow him to masquerade as such quite readily, while we trust his direction like blind sheep.

As far as eduren goes, my reasoning stands from yesterday--that is, lack of helpfulness, bandwagoning, etc.  It also helps that BloodBeard was strongly suspicious of him and he fell for ToonyMan's scum-trap.  I also feel like I'm waiting for him to show some better reasons as to why he should live, if no one else starts emanating scum tells.

I'll admit, though, that I don't really know what to think at the moment.  I'm quite confused and hoping that today's progressions will clear a lot up.

3. eduren: Less conspicuous like whom?  In other words, can you think of someone less conspicuous than BloodBeard?

Ill get back to you on the better reasons, I have to do a little bit of reviewing the record. I can so far say that my pusuit of Toonyman at the loss of my credibility was genuine. I believed Toonyman's response to my accusations to betray either bad townsmanship or scummy behavior.

3. If I were mafia, I would have gone for webadict. I have had no quarrel with web and it would have no immediate link to myself. Furthermore it would have dispelled some of the early "master and apprentice" theories.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 07, 2009, 06:40:42 pm »

The Whiteboard
Vector: Free Beer, webadict
eduren: Jim Groovester
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 07, 2009, 06:43:10 pm »

A note to Jim Groovester, Vector, and ToonyMan: Who do you think is town?

* Jim Groovester
    * dakarian
    * Org
    * ToonyMan
    * eduren
    * BloodBeard
    * Vector
    * Free Beer
    * webadict

I added mafia for the hell of it.  It would of happened anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 48