Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 71960 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #315 on: August 06, 2009, 06:00:56 am »

I would but then I would be mod-killed.

Really that is the only way I can prove it. I could be lying if I said anything else.
So, you're not even going to try to defend yourself?
No defense is the best defense.
That's a lie. An attempted defense is the best defense.
Did you read what I had first posted in this pyramid.
I did. So, you think that you are not able to be defended against?

I want Vector and Org gone. It's them. They're the mafia.
Proof, for either or both of us?
I want something from you first: Prove to me that you are NOT mafia. Do it. Right now.

The suddenness of this accusation and the suddenly confrontational attitude is alarming. Tell us why you think Vector is mafia.
Why simply Vector? Why not Org as well? Are we leaving him out of this?
NO I AM SAYING THAT I COULD BE LYING AND OBVIOUSLY LYING ISNT A GOOD OFFENSE GEEZ READ FOR ONCE NO I AM NOT SCUM

I think it's about time we start casting our final votes. We've discussed who's suspicious at length, but the day ends at 10:00 AM Pacific time tomorrow, and unless you plan on waking up before that time (I'm a college student, I certainly don't plan on it), the votes we cast before bed will probably be our last. I think we should reach some sort of consensus before that time, so that we don't waste an opportunity to get some actual information about somebody.

My vote on Org remains unchanged. If he's scum, he sucks at being scum. If he's town, he sucks at being town, too. He hasn't really satisfied anybody's suspicions, and has generally been uncooperative and defiant.
IF I SUCK AS TOWN THEN EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS AT ACCUSING PEOPLE OF BEING SCUM!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 06, 2009, 06:34:37 am »

Org, you said earlier that you are remaining cautious because you don't want to look suspicious. 

The problem with that thinking: That's EXACTLY how the mafia thinks.  The town is bent on accusing one another, pushed by the fact that time is their enemy.  The mafia is concerned with one thing really: living.  The longer they live, the more nights occur which let them do their kills.  If they live long enough, they win.  Each one of us townies could survive to the end game and STILL lose or die at day 1 and win. 

Thus the town is bent towards the scum hunt.  If you're more focused on living than lynching then it makes you look like the mafia, which is doing EXACTLY that. 

Also, you did have a point in saying that no defense =best defense in a way.  The problem is that, since you aren't doing any offense, you don't have anything to do in your posts.  Thus, why your latest one is defensive.  In fact, although you were one of the first to be focused on, the town stepped away from you to give you the benefit of the doubt and went after many of the rest of the people.  Where's your opinion on the Toonyman issue?  How did you feel about my Wall-o-text about Eduren?  How do YOU feel about Webadict being the 'pro' in a sea of 'newbies'?  What about Vector's WoT against Blood? 

There's a MASS of different accusations and threads here, with serious discussions all around and almost everyone threatened at one point.  You havn't been afk ALL this time.  Do you not have ANY opinion on ANY of them!?  Is the only thing you have on your mind whether people are voting on you or not?  Don't fling the "They've been after me all game" mess.  They went after me too at the same time for the same reason.   People were defending you left and right saying "He's away" or "That's just how Org acts".  About 3 people have been inches away from death LONG before the town as a whole really started aiming at you.  ALL you needed to do was discuss the situation.  Jeesh, you were asked "Who do you think is scummy?" and you STILL havn't answered.

#&%(*#&% YOU STILL HAVEN'T VOTED FOR ANYONE!!!

I had a nice list of folks that I thought was scummier than you.  Every one of them defended themselves, either with explanations (Eduren, Webadict) or just physical evidence (Toony).  You were under my radar overall.  Others threw small prods at you just to get you talking.  You decided to hide and defend yourself, then call us all crazy when we call you out on it. 

For all that text, what I'm doing is still bandwagoning, since nothing I bring up is really different from what others have said.  However, I don't have a reason NOT to vote for Org and don't have anyone else that's a bigger threat, so it'll have to do.

Vote Org
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 06, 2009, 10:51:38 am »

Org, writing in all caps isn't a good thing.

So can I suppose a vote for Toonyman would be wasted?

Depends on wasted.  If you maintain a line against him for a few days and he ends up flipping scum, you'll probably be absolved (because it would be kind of weird for scum to bus scum on the first day).  If you maintain a line on him and he flips town, you are going to look pretty stupid/scummish.  The optimization is up to you.
That's not how it works really. It depends on how or why he votes for him and not the fact that he voted for him. I could vote for you with no reason and you could flip up scum and people shouldn't be saying, "Oh, webadict is clear for sure." I could even come up with a rather bland reason. You can't go off the voting record without some rather extensive reasonings on why people voted for them.

I'll give an example:
Pretend there is a 7-player game. 2 are scum. The players are A, B, C, D, E, F and, obviously, G.
First day votes end with A voting for B; B, C voting for D; D, E, F, G voting for C.
C is lynched and comes up town.
D is killed Night 1.
A continues to push B, and succeeds. A, E, F, G vote B; B votes A.
B is lynched and comes up mafia.
E is killed Night 2.
So, A, F, G are left. F and G both agree A is town. They vote each other.
A and G votes for F. F votes for G.
F is lynched and comes up town.
A is mafia. Mafia win.

If someone really wanted to try that, it's very doable. Not only can you scumhunt, you can use your partner as being shown you're right. It's rather problematic for town, as you can't trust if their mafia or town, but rather you knew it's a possibility than I be killed at night and not know.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 06, 2009, 11:03:14 am »

The Whiteboard
BloodBeard: Free Beer
Org: Jim Groovester, Vector, dakarian, webadict
ToonyMan: eduren
eduren: BloodBeard, ToonyMan

Day 1 ends in 1 hour. You have until then to make any changes to your votes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 06, 2009, 11:50:18 am »

A-through-G analysis

Ah, okay.  That makes sense, now that you explain it.  Thanks for the help, webadict.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 06, 2009, 12:05:08 pm »

Target me mafia if you dare.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 06, 2009, 12:24:41 pm »

The Whiteboard
BloodBeard: Free Beer
Org: Jim Groovester, Vector, dakarian, webadict
ToonyMan: eduren
eduren: BloodBeard, ToonyMan

You grab a protesting Org and drag him over to the noose. Ignoring his cries of innocence you string him up.

Once his body stops twitching, you search the corpse. No sign of mafia allegiance. Looks like he was a normal townsperson.

Ok, Day 1 is over. Night 1 will go until ~10am Pacific Friday , or until I have all of the night actions.

The thread will be locked during the night to prevent any communication between townsfolk until the next day. Night roles, send me your actions in a PM.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #322 on: August 07, 2009, 11:39:04 am »

You gather again to search for these scum. Today, however, you notice that BloodBeard is missing. Looks like the Mafia didn't like him much. You'll have to move fast if you don't want the same fate to happen to you.

[Clarification: BloodBeard was a normal townsperson.]

Ok, Day 2 has started. It will go until ~10am Pacific Tuesday to account for the weekend.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 01:28:01 pm by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 07, 2009, 12:03:33 pm »

So BloodBeard was a townie?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 07, 2009, 12:04:38 pm »

Correct. There are no non-mafia night kills this game, so anyone who dies at night is town.
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 07, 2009, 12:07:32 pm »

FoS Jim Groovester, Vector, dakarian, and webadict for voting Org.  You basically bandwagoned the poor fellow.  Although I admit he wasn't helping us much.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 07, 2009, 12:32:20 pm »

Vector, could you please tell us why you kept hunting lurkers on the last day?

And could you tell us who you suspect is mafia, and why?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 07, 2009, 01:09:51 pm »

Sorry, but I'm going to be AFK for at least a few hours--just warning you, in case you were going to decide my lack of reply was weird and I Needed to be Hunted.  I'll reply to those and any other queries when I return.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 07, 2009, 01:32:29 pm »

Jim Groovester
dakarian
Org - Townie
ToonyMan
eduren
BloodBeard - Townie
Vector
Free Beer
webadict

I need to collect my thoughts.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 07, 2009, 02:14:23 pm »

Vector, could you please tell us why you kept hunting lurkers on the last day?

And could you tell us who you suspect is mafia, and why?
So, why are you voting Vector now? And what exactly is wrong with hunting lurkers?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48