Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 71997 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2009, 07:08:44 pm »

What were the questions again?  I'm sorry.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2009, 07:09:05 pm »

Hes trying really hard not to FoS anyone.
And you're trying really hard to make basic analyses. Perhaps a bit more data would help substantiate your claim.

Well he was pretty quick to agree with people about me but all he said was "I agree!". Then he throws out his Org vote hoping to steer conversation away from himself.

Plus this is beginners mafia, get used to basic analysis.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

No comment.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2009, 07:09:59 pm »

Haha, you scum dog you.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2009, 07:12:49 pm »

Im sorry but once again, you are throwing out votes without backing them up.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2009, 07:14:28 pm »

Rules question: Can a lynching happen in the middle of the day, or do we have the rest of it to change votes around?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2009, 07:14:48 pm »

Blah blah blah.  Nobody has proof on day 1.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2009, 07:15:34 pm »

So... a question to eduren.  Why are you bringing up the post-reviewing warning?  Bringing that up in and of itself constitutes a comment--an incomprehensible one.

Also, fake-edit: that's not a vote.  That's casting aspersions on your character, which at this point looks pretty muddy.  I'm sorry, but you seem to be trying way too hard.  If you aren't scum, then what are you, and what are you attempting to protect?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2009, 07:18:17 pm »

The post is right there, on page 11:

Could you explain the previous grudge that led you to vote for Bloodbeard (and then quickly about face when called on it)? Also, why are you currently abstaining? And why are you simply dismissing any inquiries into your suspicious behavior? You might like the insanity of the mafia that you are currently running, but I consider this a serious game. No doubt others feel the same.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2009, 07:19:52 pm »

Rules question: Can a lynching happen in the middle of the day, or do we have the rest of it to change votes around?

You have until the end of the day to switch around votes all you want. The only time I'll end a day early is if everyone has voted and it seems very unlikely that anyone is going to change.

I'm not sure I've ever done that, actually, but I reserve the right to.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 04, 2009, 07:20:28 pm »

I believe Toonyman's actions constitute scum.

Oh and i was just pointing out that my post was already written by the time Toonyman voted for me. I had some good points and wanted people to understand that i saw Toonys vote before i posted it. The warning itself wasn't a comment rather a clarification.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2009, 07:20:59 pm »

Hes trying really hard not to FoS anyone.
And you're trying really hard to make basic analyses. Perhaps a bit more data would help substantiate your claim.

Well he was pretty quick to agree with people about me but all he said was "I agree!". Then he throws out his Org vote hoping to steer conversation away from himself.

Plus this is beginners mafia, get used to basic analysis.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

No comment.
That was a well thought-out analysis. It doesn't have to be long, but it has to be more than, "I see you dislike voting."

The difference between this one, and your last one is that you actually tied two ideas together. And I will not get used to basic analysis. Perhaps you should get used to advanced analysis.

However, you forgot a piece.

webadict and eduren are scum.  Easy.

Unvote.

Vote eduren.
He's going for the "easy" lynch. It's a scum tactic to lynch either a lurky or unhelpful townie that is obviously suspicious, instead of the harder to prove, but more likely suspects. Obviously, he can't bother to drag up information on me, and if he does, I will be able to defend myself much easier. He also chooses not to use any information in his post, and simply states an opinion without any relevant premises.

Yes, I think eduren is very suspicious, but what about the others that choose not to post too often like Org, dakarian, Bloodbeard, or Jim Groovester? Have we forgotten them because they were silent?

Blah blah blah.  Nobody has proof on day 1.
We try to find proof. We don't do nothing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 04, 2009, 07:28:32 pm »

100% guaranteed now.  webadict and eduren are scum.  I don't care if you vote for me, they are scum.

Could you explain the previous grudge that led you to vote for Bloodbeard (and then quickly about face when called on it)? Also, why are you currently abstaining? And why are you simply dismissing any inquiries into your suspicious behavior? You might like the insanity of the mafia that you are currently running, but I consider this a serious game. No doubt others feel the same.

BloodBeard has a tournament thing and I lost.   :'(  Alot.  I'm town.  This is serious.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2009, 07:30:16 pm »

Herm. eduren makes several good points about ToonyMan, and they are both still acting suspicious. My vote for dakarian remains unchanged, however, for the reasons I stated in the last post. There's still time to make a more official decision about them later.

Yes, I think eduren is very suspicious, but what about the others that choose not to post too often like Org, dakarian, Bloodbeard, or Jim Groovester? Have we forgotten them because they were silent?

I would say I'm posting frequently enough to say I haven't been silent. Not everybody likes posting when they don't have anything to announce or anything constructive to add to the dialogue.

The way you frequently highlight suspicion over everyone.... I can't decide if you're a townie trying to be genuinely helpful or scum trying to throw us all into chaos with your experience.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2009, 07:35:34 pm »

I don't know anyone here so I can't weigh in on webadicts motivations however Toonymans behavior has gone from jokingly nonchalant to panicked and desperate.

He cannot provide evidence of his claims against I nor Web and unless he can, i believe him to be scum.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2009, 07:36:15 pm »

100% guaranteed now.  webadict and eduren are scum.  I don't care if you vote for me, they are scum.

BloodBeard has a tournament thing and I lost.   :'(  Alot.  I'm town.  This is serious.

Good. We're making progress. Can you please tell us all what you were trying to do before, ignoring or dismissing anyone who questioned or suspected you? I'm pretty sure it confused the heck out of everyone else in the thread.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48