Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 72000 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2009, 03:58:42 pm »

Quick note for everyone: Please do not edit your posts. If you need to correct something, or add something, just go ahead and double-post. While that may be poor form in other parts of the forum, it's the accepted practice in mafia games. Mostly because edited posts make it look like you're scum trying to hide something.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2009, 04:10:22 pm »

Blorgh.  Sorry about that--I had no intention to vote for anyone.  I thought the red text could be used to get the attention of the person you were questioning.

In that case: Unvote.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2009, 04:11:59 pm »

I'm curious.

Jim Groovester, why are you persisting Org with no evidence that he/she/it is scum?

Because he's not doing anything. If he's not doing anything, it's no big loss if he goes.
I JUST GOT BACK FROM SCHOOL. JESUS GIVE ME A BREAK BECAUSE I HAVE HOMEWORK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2009, 04:57:05 pm »

Unvote, then. I guess that explains the inactivity during the day.

back to the top of the list with Jim Groovester. What's your story?

Answer the question Jim! If that is your real name...

I'm trying to gather information and trying to make an informed decision about who to lynch on the first day.

That's my story, BloodBeard. What's yours?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2009, 05:00:09 pm »

Soo...

2 for bloodbeard

1 for org

and 1 for webadict?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2009, 05:01:10 pm »

Hey, Web, Alexhans, Josh, do you like my idea of us making day-by-day statements to release at the end of the game?
Yeah, that's a good idea. But, like Alex said, there should be two ICs in a small game. Eh?

At the time the above quoted post was made, Meph had clearly indicated that he was closing signups and that the game would begin after the weekend.

The fact that you are given a special status as a coach opens the potential for abuse of that status, and the post in question opens the possibility that you are aware of and intend to exploit that fact.

So, webadict, would you care to explain yourself? Why were you so eager to get in, that you would attempt to persuade the GM even after he has ruled?
Simply put, I feel that you all needed someone with some experience in mafias to show you how to play, instead of starting from scratch. Sometimes, it'll be easier and I can answer certain questions, or I can show you why an analysis is or is not correct.

I promise I'm actually here and not dead.  I'm just a heavy-duty lurker.

Anyway, I do not actually know how this first-day business actually works.  It appears that we're asking each other random questions... ?  Is there any particular process one uses to determine proper vs. improper questions?

Additionally, I'm confused about why someone would ask my what my story is, given that in the game there is no story to give.  Would the answer not always be some permutation of "I am just a simple townsperson, trying not to get killed by the Mafia"?

Honestly, I'm quite confused.  Thanks for the help, and sorry for the wandering all over the place.
Well, we normally start with the Random Voting Phase, where you randomly vote someone, post your suspicions, etc. You should not lurk, as that is not helpful as town, and very suspicious as scum. No matter which team you are, you should never lurk.

Blue.
Good man. Blue is a very calm and secure color.

I'm curious.

Jim Groovester, why are you persisting Org with no evidence that he/she/it is scum?

Because he's not doing anything. If he's not doing anything, it's no big loss if he goes.
I JUST GOT BACK FROM SCHOOL. JESUS GIVE ME A BREAK BECAUSE I HAVE HOMEWORK.
Well, you don't need to yell. Just answer the questions when you can...

Blorgh.  Sorry about that--I had no intention to vote for anyone.  I thought the red text could be used to get the attention of the person you were questioning.

In that case: Unvote.
I'm going to have to vote you, Vector. You seem to not be voting someone right now. Why is that? Do you find no one suspicious? Or do you think nobody else IS suspicious because you are, in fact, scum?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2009, 05:03:16 pm »

Ok

2 for Bloodbeard

1 for Webadict

1 for jim

and one for vector

Is that it so far?
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2009, 05:03:55 pm »

I'd just let Meph do it personally.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2009, 05:04:15 pm »

The Whiteboard
BloodBeard: Jim Groovester, eduren
Jim Groovester: BloodBeard
Vector: webadict
eduren: dakarian
webadict: Free Beer
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2009, 05:05:06 pm »

Well. I was just mad. Geez, give me some time.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2009, 05:05:56 pm »

Well. I was just mad. Geez, give me some time.
Or are you scum? Ready to kill again...?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2009, 05:08:05 pm »

Little off topic but has always bugged me: How long ago was the whole penguin avatar thing?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2009, 05:09:25 pm »

Little off topic but has always bugged me: How long ago was the whole penguin avatar thing?
It was a couple of months ago. But, maybe you should start helping out and stop actively lurking. You proceed to ask lots of questions without participating in the game. Why is that?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2009, 05:09:52 pm »

He's new?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2009, 05:11:24 pm »

Well when i did accuse, i was turned upon pretty quickly. Trying to avoid that.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 48