Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Make Bismuth Items (2/2)....  (Read 654 times)

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Make Bismuth Items (2/2)....
« on: July 27, 2009, 12:52:06 pm »

I am just checking to be sure I am not yet completely insane.

My current mayor has mandated the making of two bismuth items.  Not bismuth bronze, but bismuth.  I have looked on the wiki and check the forge options myself.  Both my observation and the wiki concur that it is impossible to make bismuth items of any type, with the "possible" exception of bismuth bars(which I don't think count) if I import bismuthinite ore.

So basically I am buggered...did I mention my Baron loves raw adamantine and I have no HFS?  I guess it is time for a revolution!

Viva la Revolucion!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Make Bismuth Items (2/2)....
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 12:54:49 pm »

Yep, you've got it right. The only items that can be made out of bismuth are bismuth bars.

Better get that bismuthinite imported, or just kill those nobles.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 01:15:12 pm »

Yep, you've got it right. The only items that can be made out of bismuth are bismuth bars.

Better get that bismuthinite imported, or just kill those nobles.

The mayor(the one how wants the bismuth) might get voted out of office before his mandate matures(this has happened a few times) as my dwarfs seem to be holding to a single term tradition for the last twelve years since the founding of Hailedwhip.  However, my baron is a time bomb and needs to go sooner or later.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 01:43:28 pm »

If I remember well, metal bars DO count.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 04:54:15 pm »

I can confirm bars do count for mandates. Bismuth mandates can only be fulfilled by smelting the ore into bars.

As for the baron, nobles give out less mandates if they are happy, and if you prefer to have him unhappy, but without having the hammerer do his job,  there are a lot of ways to kill a noble.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 05:36:36 pm »

I will have to wait two years before I can import bismuthinite ore because the dwarf caravan just came by.

I am aware that the happiness of nobles affects the likelihood of a mandate being issued, all of my nobles and officials are already ecstatic as is most of my population(the captain of the guard hasn't gotten out of his bed in 10 years due to a broken spine but is quite content nonetheless). 

I am also aware of many ways to purge the nobility, my tax collector may be the first to go as she insists on demanding clear glass windows be made when I do not even have any sand.

Also, my baron got promoted to a count and it looks like the elves are getting mad at my deforestation policies.  Things could get interesting.

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 09:05:44 am »

My mayor started demanding pig iron items. Luckily I was just getting my iron/steel industry started up, so it was easy enough to fulfill, but I was a little confused when I found out you couldn't actually make anything out of it besides bars. That satisfied her though.

Akur Akir Akam!