Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 136

Author Topic: Things that made you angry today thread.  (Read 97113 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you angry today thread.
« Reply #1830 on: November 11, 2009, 12:42:16 am »

Rockets at five paces, more like.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: November 11, 2009, 12:49:26 am »

Only my fists are my rockets.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: November 11, 2009, 12:51:04 am »

So... you will have a biff with me then?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: November 11, 2009, 12:52:28 am »

I got odds fifty thousand to one against Tack!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: November 11, 2009, 12:56:46 am »

So... you will have a biff with me then?

I'll pass. If you ever get a non piece of shit computer, pick up Shattered Horizon, Team Fortress 2, Left4Dead, and a few other Steam games.

You can attempt to prove your E-Manlyness to me with those without any broken faces, and probably no hard feelings.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 01:02:24 am by WorkerDrone »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: November 11, 2009, 12:58:42 am »

Yeah, I have the Orange Box.

It's the internet which is more the problem. Stupid-ass internet.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: November 11, 2009, 01:45:43 am »

I'm a bit annoyed at the roleplay threads present on these forums. They carry no real goal, which drives a plot or conflict forward. One could argue that the players make the plot and conflict as they go on, but they never do. If conflict ever arises powerplaying resolves it immediately. Any goals are easily reached. These replay threads are basically lounges for random in-character chatter. And seeing as the characters are generally representations of themselves, it becomes an imagination playground one-upsmanship.
 "I make a monster!"
 "I kill it!"
 "Nuh uh, how can you kill it?"
 "I have a sword!"
 "My monster has anti-sword armor."
 "This is an anti-armor sword."
 "This is an anti-anti-armor sword armor!"

I would go on, but you get the point. I suppose I carry on the idea that a roleplay should have a plot, as if it is a story. I can accept more structured ones being games of sorts, or the interactive novels some of them are. I can accept that. Lounges just defy my sensibilities.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: November 11, 2009, 01:48:18 am »

Easy - The bay12resort.

It had a well worked storyline, which was only ruined by people trying to find a way in. Which they possibly whould have been allowed anyway.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: November 11, 2009, 01:49:25 am »

For a plot, something has to happen. This makes me angry, as it is impossible for something to happen in an RP thread without someone annulling it, carrying on as if nothing had happened, or generally ignoring it so THEIR plot can happen.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: November 11, 2009, 01:57:03 am »

Easy - The bay12resort.

It had a well worked storyline, which was only ruined by people trying to find a way in. Which they possibly whould have been allowed anyway.

Yes, and now I'm afriad that Sofia is just going to get fed up with it and never unlock it.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: November 11, 2009, 01:57:53 am »

I had a plan working out in my head.

As soon as I get on Steam again, I want to talk to Duke about whatever we left off at, but probably something that doesn't involve the 'forum plot' shit. It never turns out well, but we can probably cook something up easy that allows for some sort of interaction without losing focus.

I need the stimulant too anyhow.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: November 11, 2009, 01:58:47 am »

I think she did that at first, and then forgot about it. I've almost forgot about it.

Yeah, I sent her a catch-up thing, which worked pretty well... But she hasn't put it in.
At the Grand Opening of the bay12resort, all was well, until it seemed that through some magical twist of fate, the two invitations sent out to the manager, Sofia’s friends – had somehow multiplied, and sent to a number of people in different countries, worlds, and even galaxies. After the initial migration of characters of all racial, ethnic, special and mythological backgrounds came, another arrival was swiftly met by Sofia. WorkerDrone, A space marine, supposed to be in the battle of skirmishes against the rag-tag forces of (new)VN, arrives at the Hotel. Upon meeting her, he quickly enters a conversation with her, which is eavesdropped on my Tack and New Martian Emperor. In this conversation, he reveals the stunning fact that Sofia’s sister is alive, and is in the Desolate Wastelands known as VN. However, due to the quarantine restrictions upon the area, he forbids Sofia to go there, and reveals that he was actually ordered to go there, to ensure that she complied. However Sofia, as stubborn as she is, decides to go anyway, and starts a secret plan with Duke, to get her into VN. This secret is soon found out, however, and the group flee under fire from the resort. During the flight, NME tries to detail a way to get into VN, but is saved by Duke, who has a potion which causes the drinker to enter the subterranean caverns underneath it.

Duke, Sofia, Little and NME all manage to drink the drink and be transported away, however in the rush, the bottle slips and breaks onto the armour of WorkerDrone, who gets transported to the subterranean cavern. Luke, upon seeing this, quickly rushes over to the broken bottle and scrapes up as much of the mixture as he can, teleporting along with the rest of the evidence. Tack, who had until now been away fighting off guards, comes back to an empty plaza. With nothing to do, and no way to save his friends, he returns to the bay12resort with the others to plan a dashing rescue.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:04:04 am by Tack »

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: November 11, 2009, 02:14:03 am »

Something that made me angry today...  The deficiency of reason in the world.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: November 11, 2009, 02:18:17 am »

You'll get used to it, we all do, eventually.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: November 11, 2009, 02:20:29 am »

You'll get used to it, we all do, eventually.

That's the problem.  People become desensitized to things they should be outraged over and then they stop caring, and things stay the same.  If Hitler had accepted that he wouldn't have started world war 2! ... Er, wait, lemme redo...  If Martin Luther King had accepted that he wouldn't have started the US civil rights movement!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:22:54 am by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 136