Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 136

Author Topic: Things that made you angry today thread.  (Read 97411 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you angry today thread.
« Reply #615 on: September 29, 2009, 03:46:41 pm »

Stuff like, being tougher on immigration, a sudden love of green policies. I can't remember all of it but there was an overwhelming feeling that I could have just been listen to David Cameron saying the exact same things.
Yep, do you know why you can't remember exactly what Cameron said?  Because it's pretty much all bland, promise free stuff.  He's very deliberately avoiding going into details, because he knows that will make him unpopular.  For instance, he refuses to state what services the conservatives will cut when they come to power.  In my opinion, they're just as bad as the current government.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 29, 2009, 03:47:26 pm »

Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 29, 2009, 04:01:09 pm »

People making excuses for Roman Polanski.  Cnn, instead of making reports about how Mr. Sumbag Director was "unfairly tried" in the courts, should instead say something like:

PEOPLE OF THE WORLD UNITE AND DEMAND ALL SCUMBAG CHILD DRUGGING/RAPING PEICES OF SHIT BE PUBLICLY DRAWN AND QUARTERED WHILE ON FIRE

but they wont, so I am angry
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 29, 2009, 04:06:02 pm »

Stuff like, being tougher on immigration, a sudden love of green policies. I can't remember all of it but there was an overwhelming feeling that I could have just been listen to David Cameron saying the exact same things.
Yep, do you know why you can't remember exactly what Cameron said?  Because it's pretty much all bland, promise free stuff.  He's very deliberately avoiding going into details, because he knows that will make him unpopular.  For instance, he refuses to state what services the conservatives will cut when they come to power.  In my opinion, they're just as bad as the current government.
I meant I couldn't remember everything Gordon Brown said but sure, Cameron isn't exactly a brilliant politician either.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 29, 2009, 04:06:45 pm »

Peter Mandelson is a "brilliant politician", but that's not a compliment.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 29, 2009, 04:11:37 pm »

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 29, 2009, 04:11:56 pm »

Peter Mandelson is a "brilliant politician", but that's not a compliment.
You're right, none of them are brilliant from our view, which is what I was getting at. They can however be brilliant but that usually involves them being shifty. I know it's not true but every time I look at Mandelson I just see evil.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 29, 2009, 04:21:55 pm »

He's excellant at being a politician.  Noone can dodge questions better than him, noone can spin any event like he can to be positive to him.  He's a good politician, but I still hate him.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 29, 2009, 07:39:40 pm »

Do you hate him BECAUSE he is a good politician?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 29, 2009, 09:46:00 pm »

That's one way to look at it. But, Mandelson is a evil son of a bitch who could weasel his ways out of a sealed room that he got himself into, and then blame the whole mess on some bystander.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 29, 2009, 09:59:19 pm »

The one skill that one must have to be a politician is being able to push the blame over onto some intern. I hate them for their responsibility-dodging mediocrity.

[OFF-TOPIC:] Haha, Clinton had it all together until the Lewinski incident. This quote is from his trial, and is probably my all-time favorite quote. Clinton was trying to duck the question by going into a long monologue about the definition of "being."

"Mr. President, are you suggesting that you are not this very moment having sex with Miss Lewinski?"
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 29, 2009, 11:26:48 pm »

This stupidity just sucked the joy outta my air.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=847190
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #627 on: September 29, 2009, 11:38:04 pm »

This stupidity just sucked the joy outta my air.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=847190
wow
The biking debate started last spring, when school district officials told Kaddo Marino that Adam was violating school rules by biking to class. Walking to the school also is not permitted
WTF???  want me to use a specific car model too???

This is ridiculous... I hope the people there keep defying those stupid and opressive restrictions.

by the way, I use my bike a lot.

Bike.  Train.  Bike.  Work.  Bike.  Train.  Bike.  College.  Bike.  Train.  Bike.  home.  Bed.  Sweet dreams.

No bus fares.  No waiting.  No being crushed in public transport.  Healthy.  Pleasant.  Freedom.   Fun.  Flexible. 

Do you need more?

Up to 2 passengers at the cost of overall speed and confort of said extra passenger :P.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 30, 2009, 11:45:01 am »

So apparently I'm not allowed to be good at or have fun playing XCOM.  Last time I played I was beating snakemen terror missions with no casualties, now I'm losing half my squad to sectoid scouts.  It's not like I went on a long hiatus either.  I started a new game, the same day I had been playing well, and suddenly I'm terrible.
Shoes...

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 30, 2009, 12:30:06 pm »

School starts in 11 hours.

Spoiler: Warning: RAEG (click to show/hide)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 136