Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 136

Author Topic: Things that made you angry today thread.  (Read 97347 times)

Angellus

Re: Things that made you angry today thread.
« Reply #555 on: September 22, 2009, 04:56:36 pm »

You know, everything that moves is in 4d.
A lot of other stuff is too.
Fourth dimension is time.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 22, 2009, 05:01:07 pm »

Im angry at nothing becuase it is in fact something!!

WHY CANT THERE BE VACCUME?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 22, 2009, 05:38:06 pm »

Im angry at nothing becuase it is in fact something!!

WHY CANT THERE BE VACCUME?
ELECTROMAGNETIC FORCES!!!!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 22, 2009, 05:43:59 pm »

You know, everything that moves is in 4d.
A lot of other stuff is too.
Fourth dimension is time.
Gah! There is so much wrong with that!

I refuse to accept time as the fourth dimension. Time is the zeroth dimension in that it is required for anything to exist. you have a line? What's it existing in? Time! You got yourself a nice square? Yeh that exists in time too! You can't have anything without time regardless of how many dimensions your thing fills.

Saying time is the fourth dimension is a way for people to handily ignore the fact that there is a real fourth dimension and it is impossible for them to imagine it.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 22, 2009, 06:30:14 pm »

Well, it really comes from older literature like Slaughterhouse Five, from before there was much speculation about other dimensions (as far as I know, anyway.  Seems like there wasn't much of it before Vonegut's time).
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 22, 2009, 06:43:37 pm »

rougelikes that "revive" you after you die. JUST LET ME DIE LIKE A MAN! ROUGELIKES SHOULDENT RIVIVE YOU BLARGARGARG.

AND ALSO NOW HALF OF MY EXP AND ALL OF MY ITEMS ARE GONE, SURE IM ALIVE BUT THE EMBARASMENT ON THE OTHERHAND WILL LAST FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

well, unless I erase the highscores but still in my mind!

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 22, 2009, 07:01:37 pm »

rougelikes that "revive" you after you die. JUST LET ME DIE LIKE A MAN! ROUGELIKES SHOULDENT RIVIVE YOU BLARGARGARG.

AND ALSO NOW HALF OF MY EXP AND ALL OF MY ITEMS ARE GONE, SURE IM ALIVE BUT THE EMBARASMENT ON THE OTHERHAND WILL LAST FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

well, unless I erase the highscores but still in my mind!

This is part of what turned me off about Elona, having to manually delete my characters after they died.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 22, 2009, 10:32:00 pm »

Had my car booted by an overzealous private company today, because they didn't mark their lot well enough. Had to pay $50 to get the boot removed. Worst part is how I had to pay in cash, which meant that I had to trek past a bunch of hobos, junkies, and potential mugging spots to reach the one safe ATM within a square mile. In the dark. In the rain. And then back, with $50 in cash in my pocket. And then they leave me standing there, in the poorly lit back lot for ten minutes while they wait for the "officers" to get over there. No, the parking lot was mostly empty all throughout the ordeal. I was going to spend maybe an hour in the spot, but that easily turned into two hours.

I'm rather upset by this.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 22, 2009, 11:25:04 pm »

What made me angry this and part of last week:

Gabe gave me the damn Flu of Swines, and now a pig-like chestburster is gonna eat my innards.

Or something. Point is, Gabe sucks. Kick his ass Tycho.

What was I talking about? Oh right, right. Swine Flu.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 22, 2009, 11:26:42 pm »

Please don't die WD!

But if you do, be sure to tell someone that if you die, come on here and tell us, so we know what happened.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 22, 2009, 11:34:32 pm »

My death shall be what you talk about over at the literate equivalent of a watercooler for a few days?

What am I saying, of course.

I admit, I only punish myself from expecting perfect admiration and--One moment I need to throw u

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 23, 2009, 08:36:33 pm »

Wait, Gabe?  Tyco?  Like, the PennyArcade Gabe?  Or are you just being silly?

I just heard some crappy new miley cirus video that was on the TV during Dancing with the Stars (the latter of which my mom has been watching lately.  Not me).  It sounded awefully artificial.  It sounded like an song sung by an adult that's not good at singing, edited to not make people's ears bleed, and then made to look like it came out the mouth of a teenage girl.  Then this girl happens to be some over-hyped disney star that people think is hOt!!11, but doesn't really look like anything special.  To preemptively answer future questions, yes, I think miley cirus is the Devil.  In the old, bad way, not the new "good" way.  Yes, I'm aware I did not capatilize her name, except when it started a sentence.  She does not deserve it in my opinion, being someone who chooses to go along with the "famous for being a famous guy's daughter" role.  I hate professional celebreties.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 23, 2009, 08:49:43 pm »

I get dizzy when I stand up too fast.  I live with my grandparents for four days out of the week(Closer to college).  My grandparents are grandparents.  They don't understand that I'm an adult, and I can take care of myself.

I stood up too fast.  Now my grandma thinks I'm dying or some nonsense.  I need to get an apartment or she's going to kill me with her constant nagging about everything that's apparently wrong with me.
Shoes...

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 23, 2009, 08:51:51 pm »

I get dizzy when I stand up too fast.  I live with my grandparents for four days out of the week(Closer to college).  My grandparents are grandparents.  They don't understand that I'm an adult, and I can take care of myself.

I stood up too fast.  Now my grandma thinks I'm dying or some nonsense.  I need to get an apartment or she's going to kill me with her constant nagging about everything that's apparently wrong with me.
That happened to me too! Just that it was my hypochondriac mother.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 24, 2009, 12:16:21 pm »

hmm yes, I hate people telling me I must go see the doctor.
Damn quacks can't ever find out what is wrong anyhow.
Nothing made me mad today...yet. (Avoiding the atheist thread though)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 136