Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136

Author Topic: Things that made you angry today thread.  (Read 96537 times)

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you angry today thread.
« Reply #1995 on: November 13, 2009, 08:52:13 am »

I cut my toe open on NOTHING a minute ago. No discernible cause whatsoever. If life doesn't want to fix its buggy game then I don't wanna $*@!ing play it!

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: November 13, 2009, 11:33:37 am »

Wow, that's some bullshit man.  Fucking money, who's with me for some loot 'n plunder?  I'm sick of being broke.

I'm with you.
Chances are that I'm probably not going to get a job if the predictions about the economy are right, and the music industry is hell for anyone who isn't a single-selling pop star.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: November 13, 2009, 12:58:59 pm »

I have NO time anymore.  Can't do no thing without having to do SOMETHING.

So much.......ahhhhhhhhhhh.....I just got a letter from school saying I have to stay after next week noooooooooo I have to go to school saturday at 8 am for drivers ed noooooooooo have to go to some place across from pizza, but not pizza sunday noooooooooo then the afterschool week nnooooooo

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: November 13, 2009, 01:20:10 pm »

^^^ Ultraminimalistic way: use very obvious body language.

I.E.: Man and woman get into elevator, holding hands. Man is wearing hat. A teenage girl gets into elevator. Man removes hat. The teenage girl gets off elevator. Man puts hat back on.

Didn't I mention this is for radio?

WELL IT IS ARGH.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: November 13, 2009, 01:22:13 pm »

I was annoyed when my friend was diagnosed with dyslexia (somehow?), giving him an extra 25% time in all exams.  HIS WRITING LOOKS BETTER THAN MINE RAEG.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: November 13, 2009, 03:49:57 pm »

dyslectics have trouble reading whole words, not generally with writing that much.

(Msot poepel cna rdea scarmebld wdros like tsih. Dyslectics would have a hell of a time decyphering that.)

edit: it has nothing to do with intelligence, just the way the brain processes (written) language is different. My sister has it (mildly) too, and she's quite smart and has much better people skills than me. :p
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 03:53:33 pm by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: November 13, 2009, 07:09:39 pm »

I was playing on HNTR - I got the plasma shotgun, the assault shotgun, and I was just about to get ammochain. Found onyx armor, and phase boots. Everything was going fine.

And then -

Four Arch Viles. On a NORMAL LEVEL.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: November 13, 2009, 07:10:53 pm »

^^^ Ultraminimalistic way: use very obvious body language.

I.E.: Man and woman get into elevator, holding hands. Man is wearing hat. A teenage girl gets into elevator. Man removes hat. The teenage girl gets off elevator. Man puts hat back on.

Didn't I mention this is for radio?

WELL IT IS ARGH.

Can you do sounds like people screaming? If so, you could do something with an elephant breaking free of a cage and trampling people.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: November 13, 2009, 07:18:10 pm »

Screams, no.

Whistling, yes. Apparently.

But I've got the equipment this weekend, and I'm just going to record my uncle milking the cows.
The plot is:
There are cows that need to be milked.
Will the farmer milk them?
Will he be unable to?
What will happen?
Tune in to find out.

Yes, it's stupid and barely counts, but it's allowed, and possible for me to do without taking two seperate bus journeys to get to the studios.

I promise to upload this and put a link when it's done.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: November 13, 2009, 07:20:54 pm »

Guitar solo.
Farmer milking.
Bass solo.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: November 13, 2009, 08:34:55 pm »

Hehe.

Avant-guarde approach:

Splice random sound effects together. Come up with the story after listening to it a few times. Change the track slightly to bring out the story. Done.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: November 13, 2009, 08:38:20 pm »

...What?

Anyway: PLAY WITHOUT WORDS RAGE. It has to be 5 minutes long, which is about half an hour of recording*, it can have no dialogue, just Foley and SFX, and needs a plot. How, exactly, do I have a plot without exposition?

Did I mention we only have 6 recording devices for two classes of 15? Thank god I booked them for the weekend.

*The rate of useless:usable recordings for the un-experienced (i.e. me) is 5:1, so for every 5 minutes of crap I get 1 minute of stuff I can use.

Have two ninjas attack each other, trying to utter death threats using sign language, paper and various other silly thing.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: November 13, 2009, 08:46:45 pm »

*fwap*...*fwapwapwapwapwapwap*...*rustle*...*intake of breath*...*Rustlerustleswish*...*wooooshhhh*...baf

*thud*

Damn you. I might have to do this aswell, but for fun, not for the course.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: November 13, 2009, 08:52:20 pm »

*vrooom* *screeeee!!!*
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: November 13, 2009, 09:55:41 pm »

I don't have a lot of time to make this, so I might seem rushed.

Friday the 13th, an unlucky day. I sure as hell know that now. It started on midnight, when I was desperately trying to write a paper that was due for weeks now. Of course, I didn't do a goddam thing because EVERYTHING distracted me. I can't look my professor in the face anymore. No amount of saying 'this happens in college' will get rid of the shame in my heart over trying her patience.
 Then the morning. Despite cloudy skies, it didn't seem like rain would come. Even the newspaper gave a low chance of heavy rains. So I left with only my waterproof jacket. I always come to the community college an hour early to prevent crap like having to run home for a book or something from causing missed classes. Today I decided to sleep because of the late-night failure before. I woke up at 9:45 for a class that ends at 10:00. And the professor STILL put my name on the attendance list. This pisses me off because I know I should not get credit for being there. I missed most of the damn class.
 Once all my classes finished I went outside. The heavens had cracked open and the second coming of rain had started. All I had was my water proof jacket. In the five minute walk to the metro station that was literally one block away everything not under the jacket was soaked through. Don't get me started on the two-mile walk from the metro station to home.
 Once I got home I had a chance to relax. 'Till around 3. I had to sleep, and it was wonderful.
 At 6:00 I awoke to horrible stomach pains. I don't know what caused it, but there was a chance it could be something serious. But whatever, I got other things to d-
 Oh, looks like I have to do the dishes. Recently a schedule was made so that me and my sisters alternate days for dishes responsibility. Both of my sisters had missed each of their days, dumping it on me. This was particularly annoying with this one, as she bore no empathy towards why I was pissed off.
 I can handle this. Mild stress is nothing new. However, my father just had to give me a lecture during those dishes. And by lecture I mean complaining about all the weaknesses that I feel guilty about and just continue to poke at them for an hour. A fucking hour of me breaking down and him not batting a goddam eye. Now I'm used to this, so I hid it. I knew if he saw me break down it would only cause him to pry deeper and deeper, offering no fucking help other than exposing my weaknesses to the world. I have not felt this anger since elementary school. Not since he did that as a kid. Which reminds me: He is the goddam cause of all these weaknesses! No friends in the area? He was the one who never let me hang out with anybody as a kid. Now I have no damn clue nor desire to do it now. Take up some group activity like working with a performance group? He shot down dozens of them a few years ago. And now he fucking wants me to start? Does he know the mixed messages he is giving, and how much this is screwing with me?

At that point I wanted to... to...

*Sigh*

I can't. I can't hate him. I can't threaten him. I can't hold anger. Why? Why do I love my parents enough to forgive and forget the shit they put me through?

Now I need to take the next few days and think over my values of how much I am willing to forgive.

Edit: Also, I might have to go to the hospital if these pains persist. Great. My father is twice as horrible when it comes to injuries.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 10:02:03 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136