Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Metal Worlds  (Read 2549 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Metal Worlds
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 10:07:00 pm »

making them drop different things is easily done once you know how. Unfortunately I'm looking for someone to collaborate on a CoC DF, so I can't work on this as well right now, but it would be awesome if you still want help later.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 10:40:49 pm »

making them drop different things is easily done once you know how. Unfortunately I'm looking for someone to collaborate on a CoC DF, so I can't work on this as well right now, but it would be awesome if you still want help later.

Sure, I'll see what I can do alone first. As I said, I'm a total noob at modding but maybe I can figure some of this out.

Lord_Frodo

• Bay Watcher
  • The crazy in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 11:20:55 am »

also unfortunately itemcorpse only works if the animal is killed normally. butchering won't give it to you.
Even the cutest things can be endearing when on fire. ~ Cajoes
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 06:58:38 pm »

also unfortunately itemcorpse only works if the animal is killed normally. butchering won't give it to you.

Yeah, I discovered that last night in testing. -grumble-

Hm... still working out exactly how I'd like the soil/metal layers to be lain out.

I do plan to add sand into every single soil layer. I wonder if I can change the name of sand to reflect something more thematic for the mod, like crushed quartz or gemdust or something.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 07:07:02 pm »

Granular microline?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 07:16:49 pm »

Granular microline?
Argh, ninja'd.

Although I was going to suggest granular crystal rock and have occasional crystal rock walls that actually yield crystals found in the granular form.

As for crystals from gemspiders, you can make reactions using their bones and leather.  It requires specific reaction tokens.  Just look at the wiki under modding/reactions.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 07:40:32 pm »

Granular microline?

Do you enjoy blindness? Because I think a field of BRIGHT BLUE SAND would do it. :P

Granular microline?
Argh, ninja'd.

Although I was going to suggest granular crystal rock and have occasional crystal rock walls that actually yield crystals found in the granular form.

As for crystals from gemspiders, you can make reactions using their bones and leather.  It requires specific reaction tokens.  Just look at the wiki under modding/reactions.

I knew you could make reactions with bones/skin but can you make it specific creature's bones? I could make it take ONLY gemspider chitin and output a spidergem, or whatever names I end up using. All names are placeholders for now.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 07:42:27 pm by forsaken1111 »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 07:41:58 pm »

Idea:Replace matter with microline

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 07:43:02 pm »

Idea:Replace matter with microline

Gha, my eyes!

If I do that I'm totally going to figure out how to make it say "You have struck microcline!" every time you dig out a square too.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 07:51:53 pm »

On a more serious note, granular crystal would work fine. I like the idea of having small clusters of rock crystal spread through it too.

I wonder if there would be any way to do a geode when the underground diversity stuff comes in next version.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 08:41:11 pm »

Yep, ye can indeed make a reaction use a specific creature's leather.  Here's an example:

[REAGENT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NO_SUBTYPE:LEATHER:ELF]
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 09:30:52 pm »

Yep, ye can indeed make a reaction use a specific creature's leather.  Here's an example:

[REAGENT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NO_SUBTYPE:LEATHER:ELF]

Excellent! Once I get the soil and ore layers set up I'll work on converting some things to the new paradigm.

LOSNR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 11:02:36 pm »

On a more serious note, granular crystal would work fine. I like the idea of having small clusters of rock crystal spread through it too.

I wonder if there would be any way to do a geode when the underground diversity stuff comes in next version.

'Normal' geodes are already possible with smelter reactions. At least as stones that you can crack open for gems.

I've been using this for a while, actually.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Granted, most of what I know of geodes comes from Wikipedia and mindat, so it's most likely not an accurate depiction of the contents of a geode. It is, however, proof of concept.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 11:10:19 pm »

Ye gods, I have created a monster.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The only layers are microcline.
The only soil is microcline.
MICROCLINE!

Phantom