Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I learned something today ...  (Read 1853 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: I learned something today ...
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 03:42:45 am »

Twenty orcs trapped in the killing chamber. Twenty orcs dropped. Twenty heads, 20 upper right arms, 20 upper left arms, 20 upper left legs, 20 upper right legs, 20 corpses. Quite predictable results. I think this might spread out the bone fragments more than I'd like. Seven z-levels is probably just perfect if you have some speardwarves there to finish off the survivors.

I used to have a 15z level autobutchery which worked pretty well too, same sort of setup as you have here I'd imagine.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 05:34:33 am by forsaken1111 »

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 07:13:08 am »

I used to have a 15z level autobutchery which worked pretty well too, same sort of setup as you have here I'd imagine.

I'm a little disappointed at just how well it works. It sure does create a lot of mess to clean up. With only 20 orcs I didn't have enough hauling power to get rid of all the giblets before it started stinkin' somethin' fierce. That was even after I hollowed out massive miasma chambers to store the gore.

I am thinking of adding an intermediate crash pad to catch the falling invaders before they explode. Then, just as they start crawling around realizing they've survived the fall I drop them another three zlevels into my barracks. That is, of course, after I finish lining the floor of my main dining room entirely out of orc bones.
Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 07:26:52 am »

The loss of ten pets at the hands of orcs is not something that admiring your own fine bed is going to cure.

BLASPHEMY!

Pages: 1 [2]