Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: The Text Adventure: Mandatory Castle Crawling  (Read 16449 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: The Text Adventure: Mandatory Castle Crawling
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2009, 10:08:58 am »

>Tethe: Enter, and help the fleshbags get out without harming them, appear diplomatic and friendly and give no indication that might alienate them, remember to follow the instructions in The List. Also remember WHY you are superior; it's because you can follow proper morals without distraction by greed, lust, spite, or short-sightedness. Also remember that evry mind potentialy contains valuble in formation, and you do not yet have the tech to extract it safely.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2009, 06:03:51 pm »

>Tethe: Enter, and help the fleshbags get out without harming them, appear diplomatic and friendly and give no indication that might alienate them, remember to follow the instructions in The List. Also remember WHY you are superior; it's because you can follow proper morals without distraction by greed, lust, spite, or short-sightedness. Also remember that evry mind potentialy contains valuble in formation, and you do not yet have the tech to extract it safely.

> ERROR. Tethe cannot be controlled. Tethe rules.
Bob and Urist stand around in the entrance of the corridor doing nothing else then staring at the hole in the wall. They hear something nearing them. A hull of metal slowly creeps out of the hole.
It's Tethe!

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 08, 2009, 06:22:25 pm »

Start friendly conversation with Tethe, realize Tethe is malfunctioning. Run into corridor. Use molotov to collapse entrance to corridor.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 08, 2009, 11:31:47 pm »

Start friendly conversation with Tethe, realize Tethe is malfunctioning. Run into corridor. Use molotov to collapse entrance to corridor.
"Hey Tethe. Good to see you again! We thought we would be stuck and helpless here. And that we would be left here to die."
"Tethe has no need for sympathy. Organic lifeforms that created Tethe are a threat to Tethe's integrity. Elimination to start now."
"That sounds bad. RUN!"
**The man of the future and past and Urist McBolts run down the hallway and dodge an incoming Tesla beam by jumping against a door, which flies out of it's hinges. They land in what seems to be a big dusty room that you have no time to examine. You throw the Uristov out of the door in to the corridor. A loud bang! And the roof of the corridor caves in. You contemplate how bizarrely handy that Uristov was in this situation and how amazingly coincidental it was that you made it not even a minute before Tethe attacked you. You shrug.**
You notice your top hat and trench coat you are wearing are unscathed by the entire adventure so far. How weird... You'd say paranormal forces are at work here if you didn't know better.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2009, 11:36:18 pm »

Somehow engineer a way to rise into the air in some kind of holy light and rain down fire and brimstone on tethe
BUT FIRST FIND A WAY OUT AND FIND TETHE!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 11:47:13 pm by Phantom »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 09, 2009, 05:49:20 am »

> Asheron: Avoid cliché about the artificial lifeforms being the villain, and instead make him the one who is actually right. I mean, considereing *dwarves* and *elves* inferior dosnt make you evil right? And the only time he attacked anything else was BEFORE he thought things over and had realizations.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 09, 2009, 09:51:23 am »

Somehow engineer a way to rise into the air in some kind of holy light and rain down fire and brimstone on tethe
BUT FIRST FIND A WAY OUT AND FIND TETHE!!
The roof is caved in, so the corridor is full of debris. You cannot see Tethe anymore from the door porch, but you can hear a beep every few seconds.

> Asheron: Avoid cliché about the artificial lifeforms being the villain, and instead make him the one who is actually right. I mean, considereing *dwarves* and *elves* inferior dosnt make you evil right? And the only time he attacked anything else was BEFORE he thought things over and had realizations.
( Attempting to kill it's creators, which are trying to fully exterminate an entire race of nature guardians, doesn't strike me as that evil. )

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 09, 2009, 10:06:44 am »

( I'll interpret that as you following my command, and that Tethe is really good in your mind as well. )
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 09, 2009, 11:59:18 am »

(Tethe is not the villain. Tethe is the antagonist. )

Continue down corridor of mystery!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 09, 2009, 12:03:13 pm »

Then if we find a safe haven, build another tank to defeat said tethe!
Or Make assault rifles for the dwarven military!
Or travel to the place with the most snow and build a settlement!
Just continue down to the way out and then try the three options.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 09, 2009, 07:33:55 pm »

(Tethe is not the villain. Tethe is the antagonist. )

Continue down corridor of mystery!
You go out of the room, climb some of the debris and continue down the corridor.
The beeping continues.
You decide to take the first door you encounter. You open it. It leads to be what seems to be an old throne room. All that remains are pillars, a dusty old throne and a...
shiny crown? resting on a table next to the throne.
Why is it shiny and polished while the rest of the castle is basically ruined?
Urist McBolts comments loudly on how the crown seems to be made of dwarven gold. Gold gold gold gold gold. Shiny dwarven craftmanship. MUCH better than elven or human craftmanship.

Then if we find a safe haven, build another tank to defeat said tethe!
Or Make assault rifles for the dwarven military!
Or travel to the place with the most snow and build a settlement!
Just continue down to the way out and then try the three options.
None of the three options are viable at this moment.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 09, 2009, 07:40:12 pm »

Find a way out, find a safe haven, then retry said options.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 11, 2009, 11:16:19 pm »

Urist McBolts comments loudly on how the crown seems to be made of dwarven gold. Gold gold gold gold gold. Shiny dwarven craftmanship. MUCH better than elven or human craftmanship.
GOLDGOLDGOLDGOLD.  Untrap it! Then take it!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2009, 08:01:14 pm »

GOLDGOLDGOLDGOLD.  Untrap it! Then take it!
You slowly near the crown. It doesn't seemed to be trapped or anything.
You take it and put it over your tophat.
Now, you are truelly the king of kings. Ye mighty should look at ye works, and despair.
You strike a menacing pose.
Wait.
Did that statue just move?
It did.
It's coming towards me.
Oh god.
Meanwhile, the useless Urist McBolts is admiring a dusty old pillar next to you. 

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2009, 09:43:11 pm »

> flee from statue, forgetting Tethe is in that direction!
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14