Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: any artificial life simulators out there ?  (Read 3350 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: any artificial life simulators out there ?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 05:55:58 pm »

Read the first time installing guide thing?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 06:20:18 pm »

There was this C64 game called Little Computer People that was basically something of a Sims predecessor. I recall being able to emulate this using a version from the Underdogs.

I also recall once seeing something of the sort at the Underdogs. But I can't recall what it was called. Something that required an emulator and possibly a fan translation, probably for the SNES or Genesis. Basically had you guiding some pinochio-like artificial humanoid in Creatures-like perspective via awkward cursor controls (awkward because you were supposed to guide the cursor using a gamepad).

Then there's Black & White, where you have your creature to teach and care about. Basically the best thing about the game. The strategic portion of the game is slow, dull, boring and heavily scripted.
Wonder Project J I believe is the name of it. Yes it is fan translated, which means its GOOD translated, and is an incredible game of unexpected depth. Every problem after the first has multiple ways of solving it, IIRC.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 07:53:59 am »

I mean, I have the program in front of me, but I don't know what any of the commands do or how to do anything. I haven't done anything yet, and it's getting frustrating trying to figure out how to even plop the guys down.
Similar to DF the first time, then.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 09:37:01 am »

Wonder Project J I believe is the name of it. Yes it is fan translated, which means its GOOD translated, and is an incredible game of unexpected depth. Every problem after the first has multiple ways of solving it, IIRC.
That's the one. Thanks. Will have to try it again. First time I tried it I got put off, most likely by the gamepad-cursor controls (that or the usual console game overly basic, obligatory tutorial).
Pages: 1 [2]