Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Engagement ring  (Read 8680 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Engagement ring
« on: July 25, 2009, 01:13:15 am »

I'm looking around for an engagement ring (just in case :P), but IMHO, a lot of the rings seem tacky to me. I don't like platinum + diamond, because it's just too common. A lot of old people wear gold rings where I live, so I don't want a standard gold ring. I considered white gold, but the girlfriend thinks they're too cheap. And uh, I'd rather not have anything that menaces with spikes, that's tacky too :P

I'd prefer to stay away from gold, platinum, and silver. And cheap metals like nickel and aluminium. Rose gold does look interesting. But certainly you DF players have some interesting ideas.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Taniec

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to save the day
    • View Profile
Re: Engagement ring
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 01:15:06 am »

You are 22 correct? Take my advice and DO NOT GET MARRIED SO YOUNG!! (IMO of course...do what you please regardless of what anyone says)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 01:30:03 am »

Eh, I'm not really that young. I know a LOT of people who are married at 20.. have at least 3 ex-classmates who are already married and my girlfriend gets wedding invitations from her friends almost every week. By the time I get married, my girlfriend's best friends will already have kids :P

BTW, a titanium ring seems good too, especially to a civil engineer, but most of the titanium rings are rather ugly.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 01:50:36 am »

Just remember that you don't HAVE to have kids soon. You have plenty of time. Once you are financially stable, and feel you are mature enough, THEN do it. Too many young parents having kids, IMO.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 01:53:35 am »

Just remember that you don't HAVE to have kids soon. You have plenty of time. Once you are financially stable, and feel you are mature enough, THEN do it. Too many young parents having kids, IMO.
And quite a few people wait too long.

So the idea here is moderation between having money and the ability to have children with your wife.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 05:35:54 am »

Do what my parents did, take the lass to the jewelery store and propose by telling her to pick out a ring.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 06:29:59 am »

Here; Anything that's not radioactive, and expensive and unknown enough should work.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 06:38:25 am »

Sapphire. It's technically rarer than diamonds. But due to the diamond cartels, it's cheaper!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 06:39:47 am »

Sapphire. It's technically rarer than diamonds. But due to the diamond cartels, it's cheaper!

Plus sapphires look this awesome blue color instead of some drab white/clear.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 04:45:25 pm »

Osmium! It's like platinum, but more os-some.

Yes, that's just a terrible, terrible, phonetic pun. I'm ashamed to be me right now.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 05:12:39 pm »

Get her a helmet.

Not like a metal one, a bike helmet.  Pull it out and be like "Will you marry me?"  Then tell her to look inside it, like there's a ring in there, and have a ring-box-thing inside it.

When she opens it though, there's nothing in it.  Tell her you could only afford a box and a bike helmet.
Shoes...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 05:14:50 pm »

This is a diamond ring.  It menaces with spikes of silver.  Encrusted in it is a gold bar.

Engraved on the ring are two humans.  The human is striking down the human.

Damn, Urist got it wrong again.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 05:18:39 pm »

Get her a helmet.

Not like a metal one, a bike helmet.  Pull it out and be like "Will you marry me?"  Then tell her to look inside it, like there's a ring in there, and have a ring-box-thing inside it.

When she opens it though, there's nothing in it.  Tell her you could only afford a box and a bike helmet.

Don't. Someone ACTUALLY did that to me. I socked him in the face and swore off marrage.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 05:20:15 pm »

Well, I guess we know who now.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 05:20:28 pm »

Gave you a box or gave you a bike helmet?
Shoes...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8