Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Engagement ring  (Read 8663 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Engagement ring
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2009, 05:59:51 am »

There are no "fake" diamonds other than the kind made of glass, there are, however, ARTIFICIAL diamonds, but they still both a) exist, and b) are diamonds.

On the Contrary there are Fake Diamonds made out of Glass and Real Diamonds.

You can't make a good looking diamond from a combination of diamonds and glass.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2009, 08:13:51 am »

You can't make a good looking diamond from a combination of diamonds and glass

Well while I didn't make this information up I cannot back it up with online articles. (The book also spoke about how to find fake diamonds)

I can say that if you were to make the part of the Diamond you cannot see glass then you save on money.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2009, 08:22:34 am »

No really, it fucks up the light refraction inside the diamond unless you do it PERFECTLY.

In which case, you're better off getting an artificially grown diamond. Hell it only costs slightly more than glass.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2009, 10:50:25 am »

No really, it fucks up the light refraction inside the diamond unless you do it PERFECTLY.

In which case, you're better off getting an artificially grown diamond. Hell it only costs slightly more than glass.

Well Today it is cheaper.

Though I think people are really snobbish to dislike artificially grown diamonds. It really tells me that all they really care about was the price.

Snobbish may not be the right word but I am refering to Snob appeal (Snob Appeal is when an item makes sales due to its price.)

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2009, 01:19:40 pm »

I'd suggest something like a simple silver band, but I'm heavily biased with frugal and utilitarian mindset and you said no silver.

My memory of the chart of chemical elements and your disdain for everything people usually get for rings doesn't leave many options open. You could try something exotic like a titanium or tungsten-alloy ring, but I don't know how impressive that is and I'm really not sure where you could buy something like that either.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2009, 01:33:10 pm »

I'm from the "Instead of buying her an expensive bouquet of red roses, take her out for a nice dinner. Talk with her. Be nice." crowd.

So yeah, here's a piece of advice. How you propose is more important than what you propose.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2009, 10:27:41 pm »

I've found that when you spring important questions on people, they go into a panic and make shitty decisions. When they get some time to think about it, they are much more likely to make the better choice. Depending on which choice you are, adjust your approach properly.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2009, 03:05:30 am »

How you propose is more important than what you propose.

To quote someone: "That is just what the cheap guys say so they can skip out of the real jewelry"

Though I do agree with you.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2009, 06:19:55 am »

Yeah, your relationship with them is more important than either, though.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2009, 06:49:56 am »

How you propose is more important than what you propose.

To quote someone: "That is just what the cheap guys say so they can skip out of the real jewelry"

Though I do agree with you.

I only said it's more important. Expensive stuff only bolster your odds.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2009, 07:04:03 pm »

I finally found it!

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2009, 07:28:47 pm »

Give her a bone ring made from her parents.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2009, 08:32:48 pm »

Don't listen to Hawkfrost. Real people don't actually like that, PLUS they legendary dining room that you'd have to build would be more then the ring.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2009, 11:52:03 pm »

Don't listen to Hawkfrost. Real people don't actually like that, PLUS they legendary dining room that you'd have to build would be more then the ring.

I would like that.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2009, 03:27:55 am »

You'd like a ring from your parents' bones? Oh god, a monster.

On topic to OP: don't bother with attributes like rings and stickers for your car and color of your laces too much.
In my opinion, the engagement ring does not have real value, the fact that it's given has the main value.
I've just bought a golden ring without bothering too much, and we live happy (most of the time) family life with my wife and my son.

Avoid fulfilling all demands of your girlfriend. Because while she's a girlfriend it's ok, but when she becomes a wife these demands will become quite tiresome and annoying. Show her you're a man and have your own opinion on this :). Don't be afraid, she won't  run away. All clever girls want to marry, and if they are in love it's a 100% sure thing.

Now don't listen to me and make your own decision, be a man. Just don't tell me I didn't warn you :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8