Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf in Fey mood just standing there.  (Read 3885 times)

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf in Fey mood just standing there.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 12:37:36 pm »

Okay, NEW problem. Glassy's got everything he needs but is just sitting in his workshop.

He needs:
Silk cloth
Tanned hides
Raw green glass
Plant fiber cloth
Bones

Make sure you have at least 3 of all of these items that are not being used or currently tasked. I know you said you have plenty of everything else, but I wanted to be sure. Also, just for kicks make a green glass block or two if you don't have any.

I actualy have a small reserve of glass blocks from another project. I'm having  my only remaining silk cloth and the rest of my plant fiber cloth dumped in a stair well an reclaimed near Glassy. I'll also check my stockpiles by hand for the other items.
Spergs 4 life.

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 01:16:22 pm »

Okay, I only have one spider silk cloth. The stocks screen was counting the one he had grabbed. I've made a stockpile around his shop that will hold everey thing he needs. Let's hope that caravan has silk.
Spergs 4 life.

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 01:35:28 pm »

Well FANTASTIC I got a human siege instead of a caravan and Glassy has gone "Stark Raving Mad".

The siege was mostly wrestlers so they're all moped up now.

I guess I'll start my backup glass maker to grinding.
Thanks anyway for trying folks.
Spergs 4 life.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 01:57:10 pm »

That's why all my workshops are behind lockable doors. ;)

I was looking into making fortress designs where the only interactions dwarfs had was the occasional passing in the halls.  (Giving each dwarf a bedroom, dining area, workshop, and stocks for water/food/material and letting them work.)  I used to make one great dining room (which is easy), but it got to the point that anyone dying might cause a tantrum spiral.  The only problem with these designs is digging them out.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 08:14:35 pm »

My initial embarking supplies are only partly for survival.... I always include turtles (for shells) and silk cloth (at least 10 of them). Those are the most frequent "gotchas" for my strange moods. The buggers ask for silk and shells on maps when there are no native sources available at all. They only seem to request raw glass on maps that have sand, though. Those crazy dwarfs!

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 08:48:45 pm »

Stark raving mad is one of the non murderous insanities. Course he's dead from not drinking anything now. :P

My initial embarking supplies are only partly for survival.... I always include turtles (for shells) and silk cloth (at least 10 of them). Those are the most frequent "gotchas" for my strange moods. The buggers ask for silk and shells on maps when there are no native sources available at all. They only seem to request raw glass on maps that have sand, though. Those crazy dwarfs!
I already pack my embark wagon with turtle shells and fish but the GCS thing is new to me.
The more you know...
Spergs 4 life.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 09:05:00 pm »

Stark raving mad is one of the non murderous insanities. Course he's dead from not drinking anything now. :P
Yeah, but the doors allow me to lock them in in case.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 09:13:31 pm »

Ahh well, we tried. If it makes you feel any better I embarked right next to an ogre in my dark dwarves mod game and lost my mayor within a minute of starting.
Pages: 1 2 [3]