Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bag values  (Read 978 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bag values
« on: July 24, 2009, 08:07:45 pm »

Not really a gameplay question, just something that seems odd to me. A pig tail bag filled with Dimple Cup Spawn is 40 value (btw, is there an official term for dwarven currency?) while a base quality pig tail bag is 60 value. It seems a Dimple Cup Spawn bag is only worth 20 value. Is this just a quirk of item value or is there a valid reason for this?
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bag values
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 08:19:45 pm »

We call them dwarfbucks, or we just use the character used in the game for them.

I've never really paid attention to the value of bags, though.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 01:12:20 am »

This is a bug to do with caravans bringing bags for trade.

You'll note that the description states "This is a Dimple Cup Spawn Bag (pig tail)."

A regular bag will state "This is a Dimple Cup Spawn Bag (pig tail). It is made from pig tail cloth."

The bag is lacking the value multiplier of the cloth it's made from.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 03:59:47 pm »

This is a bug to do with caravans bringing bags for trade.

You'll note that the description states "This is a Dimple Cup Spawn Bag (pig tail)."

A regular bag will state "This is a Dimple Cup Spawn Bag (pig tail). It is made from pig tail cloth."

The bag is lacking the value multiplier of the cloth it's made from.

Makes sense, I guess. It doesn't explain why GCS silk seed bags are more expensive than just regular silk seed bags.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 05:38:56 pm »

I believe if you empty the bags(Plant the seeds?) their value will return to normal, but I'm not sure.

I think the GCS bags might just be set to have a higher price by default, like even a goblin GCS silk sock seems worth more then a full set of dwarven pig tail clothing.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.)