Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: trapped wagon causes caravan to leave  (Read 475 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
trapped wagon causes caravan to leave
« on: July 24, 2009, 03:34:50 pm »

I haven't seen this bug in the lists, but maybe I missed it.

The situation:
I had the dwarven caravan arrive as normal, but one of the later wagons stopped moving (completely frozen, including the accompanying guard) about a dozen tiles from the depot (everything else on the map was still moving, so the computer did NOT freeze).  Nothing I did (smoothing possible boulders, cutting down trees), allowed the wagon to resume moving.  At roughly the same time I had noticed a sapling maturing to a tree in a corner of the map.  After a couple of days (game-time) the wagon broke up (like it had been destroyed) and I noticed a full-grown tree on one of the tiles the wagon had occupied.  The "dead" wagon caused the merchants to promptly pack up and leave without trading.

The bug:
I think what happened was that a sapling matured to a tree right when the wagon was on top, causing the wagon to freeze because it was stuck in/on/? a tree.

Edit: On closer inspection, this may be part of bug 869.

Game specs:
Mac 40d11
No mods
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:08:36 am by Dame de la Licorne »
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Cryten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: trapped wagon causes caravan to leave
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 01:33:24 am »

Yeah this is a known occurance basicly just a risk of a caravan not traveling via a road.

I dont know if it counts as a bug or just part of the DF simulation.