Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bait and Switch  (Read 2143 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bait and Switch
« on: July 24, 2009, 02:35:06 pm »

Christopher Valdez: Do you want to hear something disturbing?
Hippie: What?
Christopher Valdez: In some parts of the world, religion dominates politics.
Hippie: That *is* disturbing!   What can I do?

Hippie: So let me get this straight. You want me to run into a nearby police station and shut it down.
Christopher Valdez: Uh-huh. That should prevent the police from seiging us, thereby allowing us to strike at the CEO House without fear of retailiation, which should...
Hippie: Christopher Valdez, I want you to stop and think. Why did I join up with the LCS?
Christopher Valdez: You joined up with the LCS because of my high Persausion score?
Hippie: No, I joined up because in some parts of the world, religion dominates politics. I found that disturbing, and so I decided to talk up with you. You liked my stats, so you asked me to join up with the LCS rather than throw you money. And I stupidly accepted it because I'm a Hippie.
Christopher Valdez: Why are you upset though? We are here to promote Liberalism...
Hippie: Our country is already L+ in terms of religion. That is what concerns me most. CEO Salaries, well, I can see why you are concerned about them, but it's Conservative religious tyranny that gets me upset. If Corporations want to waste their money, it's not my problem, but if governments try to enforce religious morals, then all gloves are off, man! I would have been willing to commit terrorism in other countries to promote secularism and make the world like Elite Liberal America, but you aren't letting me do that! I'm volunteering my time and effort here, and you are sending me off on some goose chase and not dealing with the real issue that convinced me to consider talking to you in the first place...
Christopher Valdez: Well...um...er...

Help Christopher Valdez out of this delimma! Maybe. This might be tied into Social Classes topic that maninac talked about earlier.

Basically: When Christopher Valdez, in the L+ Society, recruits for the LCS, three of his recruitment lines deal with problems outside the United States, not inside. This makes the implication that LCS wants to change the international world, and not just the US. This could lead to disappointed people who would want to cause change outside of the United States, but cannot...
Nuclear Power=Nuclear power isn't banned in some countries.
Torture=Some places in the world, people still torture.
Religion=In some parts of the world, religion dominates politics.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Bait and Switch
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 04:31:53 pm »

I wish it was possible to recruit people on mucked up conversion attempts.

You know, like:

"Rich people have, like, money, you know?" (this one made me laugh when my guy said it :P)

Or:

"You ever, like, seen Godzilla?  Radiation is bad, man"

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 04:39:31 pm »

It's possible to succeed with mucked up conversation attempts, it's just very hard. As for the L+ lines, I didn't realize it was possible to succeed with those. The simplest solution would be to simply change those three lines so they're domestic, given that they can succeed. For example: "Some crazy right-wingers still think it's okay to torture people."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 04:41:23 pm »

Wow, really?  Cool.  Having a hippy on your side just because he previously didn't realise that rich people have money would be good.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:58:54 am by Leafsnail »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 04:45:39 pm »

Why don't we go out of the way and go international?Because like he said some countries are not like the one LCS is in.After the country is turned into a liberal union?A bonus/buff for each country?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 06:46:12 pm »

It's possible to succeed with mucked up conversation attempts, it's just very hard. As for the L+ lines, I didn't realize it was possible to succeed with those.

Well, I haven't actually tested it if it was possible. I just saw the code and merely thought it was possible. Maybe we don't need to change it to be domestic.

Give me a second. I'll need to download the game and set it up to L+.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 08:41:43 pm »

Alright. Booted up a game where all laws are Elite Liberal.

And, um...erm...I'm talking to Hippies, and I'm still saying regular stuff that a regular LCS member would say. I suppose that I need to get "newscherrybusted" for it to actually kick in. Hm. Seems the LCS becomes persuasive speakers until they get on the news.

For beta-testing purposes, I'm taking "newscherrybusted" out and making speeches over at the Vegan Co-Op to the other Hippies...

For some laws, L+ stupidity does in fact work. For other issues however (like abolishing corporations), even Hippies get to roll their eyes. All depends on how the RNG goes. Basically, stupidity makes recruitment more of a grind, but not an impossible task. Of course, talking to green Liberals likely makes the task far easier than it is out on the field.

I did the test with an all-E founder, so prehaps being a good speaker makes people ignore the insanity of your statements.

Some pictures:

Of course, most of those pictures were "success stories", but in reality, most of the time when I talked to hippies, they rolled their eyes and dismiss me.

...Also, hippies could have the Business skill, since they would sometimes say "If I was your boss, I would fire you". I didn't know that.

EDIT: I have done the impossible. I have recruited moderates.

I haven't gotten anybody to talk to me when I ranted about torture though. And I'm too lazy to continue the experiment right now.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:52:53 pm by Servant Corps »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 03:01:10 am »

Ah, so you haven't got the "Rich people have, like, money, you know?" yet.  Actually, that one isn't L+, it's just a botched attempt.  What's the L+ equivalent?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 10:28:19 am »

Ah, so you haven't got the "Rich people have, like, money, you know?" yet.  Actually, that one isn't L+, it's just a botched attempt.  What's the L+ equivalent?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 12:20:39 pm »

What's the L+ abortion statement?  "Some places in the world do not allow abortions"?

Hmm... and the military one?

"Some people, like, are still in the army".

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 01:01:24 pm »

From what I recall=

Abortion:
"Some conservatives don't like abortion."

Military:
"We have to keep fighting for peace."

Xavior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 04:48:51 pm »

The beautiful thing about the LCS, is it's never over until you have ONE HUNDRED PERCENT approval for everything. After all, what's the point in living in a liberal utopia if almost half the people hate it? That's not very liberal at all!

On the other hand...it seems perfectly possible to have 100% approval on everything with enough sleepers.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 05:11:56 pm »

Actually I don't think it would be possible. Only 70% of people can be converted to Elite Liberalism. After all, it is liberal to disagree and debate.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 07:34:31 pm »

I fixed the L+ issue text so that they focus solely on internal affairs rather than worrying about outside the US. I also changed the Military and Animal Rights issue to be a bit more funnier.

However, the other changes to the game that I made mean that the next LCS release will be delayed as I and LiteralKa try to fix the mistakes that I made. Sorry.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 07:54:01 pm »

...the next LCS release will be delayed...
D:
Pages: [1] 2