Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hmm... Cool.  (Read 1005 times)

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hmm... Cool.
« on: July 24, 2009, 07:05:22 am »

Is this normal? It seems odd that my dwarves would not only make peace offerings to demons- but that the demons would return peace offerings, and accept them. It also seems fairly odd that a group once led by goblins was eventually taken over by elves. Here's how it goes, it's the story of the Barricade of Simplicity.

It all began in year one, when the Barricade of Simplicty was formed. It was lead by a proud dwarf named Datan Basementtooth. For 25 years the fortress survived untempered, peacefully living in there temperate climate. No one knows just what happened, but we assume, that like all dwarfs do, Datan Basementtooth fell to his lust for blood. He ordered his mend to attack the Hex of Bowls. The Hex of Bowls was an army of undiscolsed creatures, led by one terrible demon. His time was Utes Thieffire the Evil Spider.

The war waged for two years before the dwarfs decided to send a peace offering to the demon and his army of evil* (possibly?) creatures. The peace offering was sadly rejected, and another one would not be offered for another three years.

Datan, having suffered many, many, many, traumatic wounds to what we hope was his brain in battle was about to do something terribly undorfly. Datan sent the demon yet another peace offering, reports claim that he may have been sober at the time. The oddest thing is; the demon, Utes Theiffire the Evil Spider, excepted the gift! They were at peace for a few more years.

This would only last a short time though, Datan, once again sober and probably healing from his head wounds declared war once again on the Evil Spider. He sent a force of his finest dwarfs to besiege the demon's fort, but alas, died in the slaughter. It is assumed that he died perfectly alone, starving, dehydrated, paralyzed, blind, deaf, mute, bleeding, in pain, suffering from mortal wounds, mourning the loss of a friend, mourning the loss of a child, mourning the lost of his wife, irritated by a foul stench, slept on the floor recently, drank stagnant water recently, was displeased of a mandate have not being met, but recollected that he died happily having had admired a fine wooden door recently.

The new mayor would be Tun Knifepeaces. The spider had lost many in the battle, and offered a gift to the dwarfs in request of a peaceful surrender. Tun Knifepeaces accepted the peace offering, knowing at this point the worst thing he could possibly do to the spider was deny him the sweet satisfaction of a days killing. All was peaceful.

Fifteen years later, the Barricade of Simplicity attacked the Oaken Hell in the Swamps of Furry. The defending army was led by a goblin, known as Smunstu Strifewiked.

A year later the dwarfs attacked the Oaken Hell once again, they had migrated from there swamps to a new area called Freyedmenace. They were led by a dwarf. Dwarf on Dwarf assaults should never occur unless they are over booze or adamantite, what caused this war is unknown to this day, but is frowned on greatly. The enemy dwarf was Inesh Lashdipped.

Tun's position as ruler would soon come to an end. He had crafted for him self Hardwood Sadomy mc Rapeinz the Wooden Chair of Cats. He sadly dropped it off a cliff imeditly after the construction, and flied off trying to catch it. Although he survived the drop, the chair did not. The dwarfs legs were broken, but he did manage to craw up to a higher cliff, and crawl off there. He survived this too; but was than eaten by carp after rolling into a nearby river.

In 48 Dastot Sprinkledcloisters took over the Barricade of Simplicity.

In 53 they once again charged the Oaken Hell. This time it was once again in Freyedmenace, but it was led by a 'unkown creature' what creature of evil and awesome power that ruled the Oaken Hell was unkown.

In 54 another onslaught was led on the Oaken Hell. It was once again in Freyedmenace, this time led by a goblin whos name is too long to recollect.

Dastot had as short lived ruling. He was out making cheese one day, when he was picked up by a large bird swooped him off the ground, he was never seen again.

The new ruler was Tun Staffeven.

They would go on to attack the Oaken Hell twice more in there life times, once led by a dwarf, and once led by an elf.

The rest of the history goes some what like this-

Tun lives for a long time, eventually being crushed by a drawbridge. They continue to be dorfly and attack many many forts. They are eventually beaten by the Hail of Dimensions in 145. The most tragic day in Barricade history.

0_o yay.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
Re: Hmm... Cool.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 11:49:42 am »

Chair fall off a cliff?
Didn't knew world gen could do that...

I don't know whether it's normal, not much of a world gen junkie myself, but it's a sweet story :)
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 11:55:50 am »

Typically, the reason the civilizations attack goblin civs is because of child snatchers stealing their young. Any conflicts after that are typically about truthfulness, which probably refers to goblins violating the terms of the peace by continuing to snatch children or something like that.

Chair fall off a cliff?
Didn't knew world gen could do that...

I don't think it can. I think he's elaborating.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 02:47:08 am »

Well I'm making what I "assumed" happened. Those are a few of the most dwarfly deaths imaginable.

Thanks. Very odd- they made peace with demons... Hmm.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 03:20:57 am »

I see quite a few wars about "War and hunting trophies" (arises from goblins thinking it's acceptable to make war and hunting trophies out of the dead).

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 04:32:23 am »

:P Wars over making war victims into trophies huh?

HatfieldCW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 11:29:17 am »

Who doesn't?  Skulls aren't good for anything else.
I brake for stumble bumblings