Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: City Slickers  (Read 1549 times)

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
Re: City Slickers
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 05:44:28 pm »

In Settlers 4, the peasants actually wear out the ground where they walk, making a path between the buildings they go (mostly the only people walking are the carriers, I don't remember if the actual workshop owners went out to get their goods or they just waited for the carriers). In fact, after a large amount of traffic, the worn-out paths made by these carriers would start to get automatically paved, which would result in faster walk times.

Something like this happened in the earlier (1 and 2) games, except you needed to make the actual road, but after it had been used so many times, it would become paved and carriers would go faster. Although in this game carriers pretty much lived in those road sections forever (along with the optional donkey) doing the equivalent of a fire brigade between posts.

I liked Settler 4, until I had to fight the enemies with the crappy combat system.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 06:11:03 pm »

Black and White 1 or 2. Some parts of it are extremely frustrating and stupid, but it's pretty damn good all things considered, I think.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 10:47:03 am »

Civ City: Rome might be a good option; roads speed your people up, but if there isn't a road going somewhere, they'll just trudge their way on over. It's also pretty enjoyable.
Free Game List

fish are drowning again ~Fourth Triad
Pages: 1 [2]