Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: [i]A Dingy Life[/i] - Early Amethyst 16th, 1224  (Read 5474 times)

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
[i]A Dingy Life[/i] - Early Amethyst 16th, 1224
« on: July 23, 2009, 02:03:40 am »

In a time where swords and magic were used. When the word "computer" was a taboo. In a semi-steampunk fantasy world. Based in the seas of Alabaster, lies distress and wars. Factions among cities cannot live in harmony among each other, leading to wars and sieges. The four factions, the royal Hagen Navy, the merciless Onu Brigade, the wealthy Aren Guild, and the advanced Nolin Alliance. All with their own unique and customized ships, battle each other in a free for all for land. The Hagen Navy specialize in using seafaring ships, destroying enemies using advanced tactics and weapons, with honor. The Onu Brigade are known as pirates, being the opposite of the Hagen, using ruthless tactics and pillaging villages. The Aren Guild uses the power of bribery, corruption, and trading to weaken their foes, but still using brutal tactics like suicide bombs and diseases. The Nolin Alliance are the most advanced of all the four, using ironclads and such, at the cost of being expensive to make.

You and your four other friends have joined together, and raised enough money to afford a eighth-line ship of your choice, and your destiny awaits you. Shall you be a notorious brigantine? A lawful officer? A merciless corsair? Or maybe a famous merchant? The destiny of the entire area is of your control. With a vast amount of unique ships, and even a system to make your own custom model, as well as a variety of powerful and special weapons to dispose of your foes. Fight for a faction, or create your own. Take over ports, Raid towns and pillage the weak. Kill pirates for their bounties. Steal from merchant barges. It is all your decision.

Spoiler: Thee' Shipofthepedia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thar' Factions' Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ye' Olden Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ye' Crew Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Faction Relations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Be' Application (click to show/hide)

I will review your applications. The top 5 best applications will be submitted into the game. The rest of the people will be put into the waiting list, until one of the crew members will die. For now, I shall work on stuff.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 04:53:29 pm by Calvin »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [i]A Dingy Life[/i] - A Ship Simulator
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 02:08:35 am »

Not to be unfair but lolpwnd.
Code: [Select]
[i] doesn't work in titles. Also this looks good.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 02:13:44 am »

Of course I know it doesn't work.
I've been on forums to know that.

I put it there for the humor.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really? Hm.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile

Forgot to say!

The game will use pixeling in parallel projection. And things will be really small, to make it easier and faster to draw. So yeah.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 02:18:39 am »

Liberal Guardian
Truth Wants To Be Free!

The Aren Guild is recruiting! The Aren Guild needs help to battle against Conservative hegomony, and requires the assistance of all Elite Liberals. There has been allegations that the Aren Guild has engaged in biological warfare and terrorism, but as the Aren Guild uses the color green in its name, its true colors indicate a support for reformism. We urge all Elite Liberals to join up with the Aren Guild.

In other news, the Liberal Guardian condemns the recent violence between the Hagen Navy and the Onu Brigade. While it is true that the Onu Brigade, being Conservative pirates and committing massive human right abuses, were the ones that started this war, the fact remains that innocent people on both sides are being slaughtered. We are liberals, and we are opposed to warfare without reason, which is what this war is. We urge for a cease-fire so that innocents may be able to safely evacuate the warzone, and we hope for a peace treaty.
I am torn between wanting to play or not. The last game that you GMed didn't exactly work...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile

That was only because I had a trip that my family planned without telling me...

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile

Hey, what, nobody wants to join? D:

bamp
CMON

Did I forget to mention airships, submarines, and the pillaging?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 12:45:28 pm by Calvin »

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: [i]A Dingy Life[/i] - A Ship Simulator (SIGN UP PLEASE)
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 01:32:58 pm »

Why would we need to PM you our stats? wouldn't be better to post it in the topic?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 01:33:34 pm »

I dunno.

I like it?

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 01:38:48 pm »

Ok then.

For those of you joining, one of us should be a Aeromancer Elementalist, so that we can travil faster with a sail.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:47:35 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 01:45:56 pm »

Fucking submitted application. Scurvy the swashbuckles and shit, I'm a-pirating away once this starts.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 01:50:43 pm »

How many people have submitted apps so far? I want iiiiin.

I picked "Cryomancer" Elementalist... Even though I'd prefer it to be called Hydromancer?

(anyone else from the gamingsteve forums will understand. :P)

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009, 01:52:28 pm »

I know the difference, cryo being ice, and hydro being water, mainly because controlling the water would be as unfair as controlling whether a volcano erupts or something. And reasons of why the sea is salty.

Thusly, Hydromancery is a forbidden art. And you can still control somewhat part of the water as a cryomancer.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 10:53:34 pm »

i sent in my application.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6