Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Epic wounds  (Read 2050 times)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: Epic wounds
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 04:15:50 pm »

Over in the Sparkgear 3 secession game I had a goblin wrestler who had both eyes poked out with a single bolt...  not too noteworthy, except that he then came back with the same wounds (and the same arrow still sticking out of his head), got his leg mangled, then escaped again.  So not necessarily epic yet, but at the rate he's going it sure will be.

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 05:41:05 pm »

An epic wound is when your champion with god knows how many attribute increases gets his eye shot out and continues to throw goblins 50 tiles with his warhammer.  He doesn't even rest afterwards, he just returns to sparring duty.

I think I save scummed anyways because I don't like having disfigured dwarves.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

dragon0421

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 06:07:51 pm »

I recently had a champion go into a trance and charge into battle. He got his right arm mangled (red) and other injuries. After killing a few of the fleeing humans, his trance ended (I think) and he was tired so he started walking towards the barracks. Then the humans rallied, so the champion turned around in his tracks, regenerated his arm and other injuries and was no longer tired. That's right, in a matter of seconds, he went from badly injured to fully healthy. The human leader charged through my ranks, but Wolverine chased after him and broke the human's neck in front of a dozen frightened dwarfs in my industrial complex. I'm not sure who they were more frightened of!

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 07:42:42 pm »

On my very first fort, I had a Hunter who was a Wrestler go up to a horse and beat it with his fists until all 4 legs were mangled, it's upper and lower body broken, it's head broken, and both eyes ripped out.  I think it also had a brain injury.

There was blood EVERYWHERE.

I was like THIS IS AWESOME.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 08:31:18 pm »

Just recently I had my speardwarf charge 2 groups of fully healed goblin ambushers (3 axegobs, a macegobs and a handful of wrestlers). He was on his own because my archers and the rest of his squad were all either sleeping, eating, or drinking. He lost his spear after the third goblin died I think, luckily he was a decent wrestler because he killed the rest of the gobs on his own too. He came out of that fight with both legs mangled, all sorts of broken toes and fingers, one mangled arm and something else that wasn't too bad I think. Right now he is sleeping with only one broken leg. I don't care if he's 3 years behind experience of my other dwarfs, he's going to be the melee squad leader as soon as he's recovered.

Then, of course in the next ambush, one of my macedwarfs got killed against 1 ambush with 2 squads of reinforcements with him.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 09:01:30 pm »

I think my favorite set of injuries ever was Lightning the blind crossbowdwarf. There's a movie on the DFMA of him practicing archery...in a sealed room, just in case.

Here's the link, for those that have never seen it:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-24-lightningtheblindcrossbowchampion

Holy schnikes, thats sweet!

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 09:04:11 pm »

7 hammer dwarfs equiped with picks(there were cross training) + 1 Xelic Axeman = Dwarfs that are missing arms and legs at the same time, with mangled spines. I would post an image but the fort died because someone (Olin Komanbomrek the royal lever puller, he had no job) forgot to pull the lever keeping the orcs out. Kittens only distract bowmen so long.
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Alrenous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 10:06:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In short: "My tax collector mandated some glass. I never knew dwarves had that many things that could break."

Dwarf Fortress: Just in case you didn't think you were sadistic.  ;)

Intriguing. One of my forts has an eyeless crossbowdwarf. He refused to train any other weapon due to his injuries...I expected him to shoot like Lightning, but he doesn't. Apparently psychic.
It started raining, then all my dwarves outside started bleeding to death. On inspection their upper bodies were missing.
Pages: 1 [2]