Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620787 times)

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.2 10/26/09 see first post)
« Reply #510 on: December 26, 2009, 03:31:33 am »

The "obvious" trick worked! Thanks a lot, Shurhaian! That's one trick I'll never forget. :)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 27, 2009, 08:10:49 am »

Obvious is, admittedly, A) not quite the best word, and B) a relative thing - but I did remember seeing something like this come up, I think for dfhack or DwarfCompanion. Still - glad to know it worked for you!
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 27, 2009, 12:01:03 pm »

I didn't want to come across as "snarky" or something like it. Your trick saved my bacon. I was just cursing Vista in general. :)
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 27, 2009, 12:35:22 pm »

It's all good! I just belatedly realized that me saying "obvious" might have seemed, well, arrogant.

So, uh...

*cough*

DT. Great tool, huh?

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

BakkieSloot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 27, 2009, 02:04:04 pm »

This tool is a gift from dwarf heaven... I love it! It really makes playing the game a lot easier.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 27, 2009, 08:19:03 pm »

hi i "upgraded" from 4.0.0 to 4.2.0 and first then when trying to run it gives some "this tab already exists, please rename it" well thats nice and i did but i noticed it was thinking the old default tabs are custom tabs for the new version.

sorry late night OCD bugging me so i'd like to delete the old tabs somehow. interestingly it won't let me skip and if i wipe the folder that contains all the data that came int he zip and make a new one the settings stay the same AND it re-asks to rename the same "custom" tabs

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 28, 2009, 09:45:03 am »

hi i "upgraded" from 4.0.0 to 4.2.0 and first then when trying to run it gives some "this tab already exists, please rename it" well thats nice and i did but i noticed it was thinking the old default tabs are custom tabs for the new version.

sorry late night OCD bugging me so i'd like to delete the old tabs somehow. interestingly it won't let me skip and if i wipe the folder that contains all the data that came int he zip and make a new one the settings stay the same AND it re-asks to rename the same "custom" tabs

4.2.0 does that.  When you first run it, it attempts to import the custom tabs from the older version(s).  Since it can't tell the difference between old custom and old default tabs, it imports all of them as custom tabs.  Just re-name the tabs for now, then bring up your Grid Views window and delete them from there with a right-click.

The upgrade is totally worth it, I assure you.  :)

As for your attempts at data-wipe, I think the associated settings are stored in your profile settings - after being forced to re-install my OS, I lost all my settings but not the program.
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 28, 2009, 10:47:47 am »

4.2.0 does that.  When you first run it, it attempts to import the custom tabs from the older version(s).  Since it can't tell the difference between old custom and old default tabs, it imports all of them as custom tabs.  Just re-name the tabs for now, then bring up your Grid Views window and delete them from there with a right-click.

thank you thats what i needed as i couldn't do it in my sleep loss coma =p

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 28, 2009, 11:15:14 am »

Indeed, it stores your settings in a personal directory. I don't know what it'd be under Vista, but for XP it's Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\UDP Software\Dwarf Therapist.ini

malmstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 03, 2010, 10:10:58 am »

Dears,

Any chance to see Dwarf Terapist for mac osx?
It wuold make DF enjoyable to play also with a mac :D

Thanks,

Marco

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #520 on: January 10, 2010, 11:56:24 pm »

Hmm, any guess on how long it'll take for DT be adapted to the next DF once it comes out? This thing feels like part of DF already  ;D
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 11, 2010, 04:03:59 am »

Hmm, any guess on how long it'll take for DT be adapted to the next DF once it comes out? This thing feels like part of DF already  ;D

I'm hoping it'll be the a few hours it takes to get to a fortress state that needs a decent management tool :) of course this means that chmod would have to have been working on this rather than playing the new game so it seems unlikely :)

I can hope though right? :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 11, 2010, 04:39:15 am »

While I don't want to be the local "doomsayer", I'm doubting that chmod will be able to update DT anytime soon. His last post said in the thread stated he was having some real life problems and he hasn't logged in since december 7. So, I'm afraid we will have to wait and see.
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Belal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 11, 2010, 09:45:33 am »

I'm hoping it'll be the a few hours it takes to get to a fortress state that needs a decent management tool :) of course this means that chmod would have to have been working on this rather than playing the new game so it seems unlikely :)

I can hope though right? :)

My port http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=46841.0 of Dwarf therapist to using the DFHack library will be updated to the new DF as soon as we can get DFHack updated to it, so don't worry, DT will not die, even if chmod does not return.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 11, 2010, 04:32:04 pm »

I was just wondering about that as well. Good to know that someone can update the main part of DT to adapt it to the next update.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 124