Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620821 times)

kutulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.2 10/26/09 see first post)
« Reply #480 on: November 23, 2009, 06:03:28 pm »

Will DT run with any of the newer versions? Or is the most recent one it can use 40d13? I want to know so I can choose my version download based on this (I'm looking to get back into DF after several months and I recall DT being an incredibly helpful tool).

There isn't really much difference between the most recent series of 40dxx builds, as far as the in-memory layout is concerned.  Any tool, including DT, which reads dorf data right from memory out of version d13 will work just a well on the later versions.  I think the last time there was any change from d11 -> d12.

Maulrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 23, 2009, 06:16:52 pm »

Ah, that makes sense. Last time I was here was around the d11 to d12 transition so there were a lot of updated versions for things, and I sorta assumed it'd still be like that. Thanks for the help!
puppywhirrrrrrl

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 23, 2009, 06:43:20 pm »

I can explicitly confirm that the recent builds of DT, at least Linux side, work on 40d16; and if Linux can(given the difficulties that Ubuntu Linux was throwing at it), there's no reason for the Windows build to be worse off(though that's not the same as specific confirmation Windows-side, I admit).
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

stolensteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 24, 2009, 01:48:49 am »

Playing on windows right now, works fine.
-st

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 24, 2009, 02:42:03 am »

Having some problems getting started.  I'm running df version 40d16 and dt linux alpha R296.  It starts fine, but when I try to connect to DF, I see this in the trace:
[snipped trace]
In the end, nothing is ever loaded.  The status bar in DT remains "not connected" and none of the buttons are active.

Suggestions?

Bizarrely, I'm now having this problem as well.

I unpacked DF 40d16 Linux into a brand new directory, tweaked my init file, and installed CivForge - no other changes, which is LESS raw editing than I've done in the past.

Copied over the DT directory. Ran DT. Got that problem.

Deleted the DT directory. Installed R296 fresh from the release archive. Ran it. Same problem.

And yet I've had this release working flawlessly in the past.

Trace produces a similar result, with the base address = 0.

However: The last time I ran it successfully was before upgrading Ubuntu from 9.4 Jaunty to 9.10 Karmic. I'm not sure what else may have been upgraded since then, but I am calling DT with "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./dt" so unless I misremembered the syntax that SHOULD cover those libraries... maybe they just aren't playing nice with the kernel anymore?

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

N3X15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 24, 2009, 04:21:34 am »

Adding -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork worked, now running into other compile issues.

Code: [Select]
In file included from src/dwarftherapist.cpp:32:
inc/models/dwarfmodel.h:94: error: extra qualification ‘DwarfModel::’ on member ‘findOne’
inc/models/dwarfmodel.h:95: error: extra qualification ‘DwarfModel::’ on member ‘findAll’

Just remove DwarfModel:: from the mentioned lines to fix that.

More compile errors ahead, just posting this for the lunix users who need a way to get this to run.

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 24, 2009, 05:07:05 am »

Would it be possible to edit the values that DT reads either via the program or another program?

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 24, 2009, 06:46:49 am »

Would it be possible to edit the values that DT reads either via the program or another program?
You might want to explain what you mean, rather than just reiterating your query.

kutulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 24, 2009, 07:35:48 am »

Adding -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork worked, now running into other compile issues.

Code: [Select]
In file included from src/dwarftherapist.cpp:32:
inc/models/dwarfmodel.h:94: error: extra qualification ‘DwarfModel::’ on member ‘findOne’
inc/models/dwarfmodel.h:95: error: extra qualification ‘DwarfModel::’ on member ‘findAll’

Just remove DwarfModel:: from the mentioned lines to fix that.

More compile errors ahead, just posting this for the lunix users who need a way to get this to run.

I'm getting similar issues; I suspect its due to an incomplete translation from the VS project file.  It's complaining about the ScriptDialog class not being linked in, though it clearly is.  :\ 

What are you using to build on Linux?

--Mike

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 25, 2009, 09:15:46 am »

You might want to explain what you mean, rather than just reiterating your query.

Ok, sorry. The forum told me I hadn't made a post so, that is why I posted that again.

I mean, programs like dwarf companion, let you edit values for individual creatures and I was wondering if I could somehow use this program and maybe cheat engine to edit values of skills of my dwarfs or maybe just even their happyness levels? Its cheating but its also fun  ;)

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 25, 2009, 12:06:54 pm »

I think it's been stated earlier that that isn't the intent of DT. Allowing rampant editing of values opens a whole can o' worms in terms of game stability - and might be harder to do than it seems; witness the difficulty of setting nicknames / custom prof names under Linux.

DwarfTherapist is a UI aid and, if I remember right, not intended to be a cheating tool; opening it up so it allows normally-nonworking entities to be assigned labours is about as far as it goes(and even that can cause interesting things to happen).

But see also Dwarf Companion.

kutulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 27, 2009, 10:48:10 pm »

So I finally got the trunk code running on Linux (yay!) and can finally play DF on Linux for more than three hours before the number of dwarves becomes overwhelming (yay! again).

For anyone else trying this out: the qmake project file is apparently way out of date.  All you really need to do is add the handful of missing files (10, I think) into the appropriate sections of the .pri file:

+    ./inc/scriptdialog.h \                                           
+    ./inc/grid_view/traitcolumn.h \
+    ./inc/grid_view/attributecolumn.h \
+    ./inc/grid_view/militarypreferencecolumn.h \
+    ./inc/militarypreference.h \

+    ./src/scriptdialog.cpp \
+    ./src/grid_view/traitcolumn.cpp \
+    ./src/grid_view/attributecolumn.cpp \
+    ./src/grid_view/militarypreferencecolumn.cpp \

+    ./ui/scriptdialog.ui \

--Mike

Richard Nixon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 27, 2009, 11:32:13 pm »

Could someone link to a download of the linux DF. DT is telling me it cant connect to my version.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 29, 2009, 09:03:24 pm »

mine does nothing, i'm on ubuntu karmic koala, and when i run DT it just sits there empty, reading no dwarves no matter how many times i hit "connect to DF"
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:08:25 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 30, 2009, 03:43:15 am »

I think it can be definitively stated that Karmic i.e. Ubuntu 9.10 broke DT. If you watch the console output, I believe it slashes past a base address of 0, which is nonsense.

I'm not able to help test it at this time; Ubuntu became unusable on my machine(total X hang, sometimes only minutes apart), so I'm now running Windows... :/

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 124