Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620842 times)

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.2 10/26/09 see first post)
« Reply #435 on: October 28, 2009, 05:55:16 pm »

Your fort is crazy and alien to me. I had to look away :P

Megaproject requires all traces of civilization (living and non-) to vanish at the end...

Hold on to yer hat, 'cause the fort's coming right back ;) I had two more kidnapped, only children this time instead of babies, so there's probably a flag in there somewhere for 'em. I put it up (with save) as issue 151.

Also - and this is apocryphal, since he's not in the new save file - I'm sure I've seen my Outpost Liaison appear in Therapist as well. So more flaggy fun!

$125/hour for the therapy sessions

:o Tell ye what. I'll make you a *Dwarven Syrup Roast* and let's call it even, eh?
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #436 on: October 29, 2009, 12:14:08 pm »

Your fort is crazy and alien to me. I had to look away :P

Megaproject requires all traces of civilization (living and non-) to vanish at the end...

Hold on to yer hat, 'cause the fort's coming right back ;) I had two more kidnapped, only children this time instead of babies, so there's probably a flag in there somewhere for 'em. I put it up (with save) as issue 151.

Also - and this is apocryphal, since he's not in the new save file - I'm sure I've seen my Outpost Liaison appear in Therapist as well. So more flaggy fun!

Ahh those kids. They grow up so fast. Alright I'll look into it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 29, 2009, 01:56:12 pm »

Wierdly, when I opened up my newest (just downloaded the latest) DT, I got a message saying that I already had an existing view or something called military and asked me to rename it or something, but this is the first time I've opened it with the game active with the latest.

It may be a leftover from Dwarf Manager, no idea. First time really using it since I tried it with a version months ago that coincided with a save game messing up and becoming unplayable. I'm pretty sure that DT wasn't at fault as there were some other wierd things going on and I think I may have accidentially had two DF windows open somehow and looking at the same game.

Edit: LOL, I think it IS detecting the custom views that Dwarf Manager made as its asking me to rename the three views found in there.

Edit2: Man, this thing is intimidating to look at for the first time with alot of dwarves, I'm used to the simplicity of DM
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 02:11:33 pm by smjjames »

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #438 on: October 29, 2009, 02:04:37 pm »

Wierdly, when I opened up my newest (just downloaded the latest) DT, I got a message saying that I already had an existing view or something called military and asked me to rename it or something, but this is the first time I've opened it with the game active with the latest.

It may be a leftover from Dwarf Manager, no idea. First time really using it since I tried it with a version months ago that coincided with a save game messing up and becoming unplayable. I'm pretty sure that DT wasn't at fault as there were some other wierd things going on and I think I may have accidentially had two DF windows open somehow and looking at the same game.

Edit: LOL, I think it IS detecting the custom views that Dwarf Manager made as its asking me to rename the three views found in there.
I know it's weird, but just accept it as my weird gift. It was the only upgrade path from pre-0.4.2 gridviews. DT's settings persist from version to version. But after renaming the old views does it work for you?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 29, 2009, 02:18:20 pm »

Yea it worked, even though I had ended up spawning multiple enquiries of the same question. I just removed the extra views and it was as it should be, although the order was different.

Its hard to take in all this new info at once, lol. I never knew there was a rage, leadership, and cautiousness thing for military.

There may be a slight bug, the happiness total value for a group can become overwieghted by a extremely melancholy member, for example, I have a dwarf gone crazy from a failed mood and she makes the entire hauler group show as red while most are about average though. I did get a new wave recently and some of the boosts haven't taken full effect yet.

Edit: I think I'll switch back to DM for a while, I'm feeling really overwhelmed by the amount of info in this. I'm not saying its bad, just alot at once for me at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 02:26:47 pm by smjjames »

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 30, 2009, 05:04:41 am »

Sorry if it was already answered, but didn't find it. How do i compile it on linux? Gentoo here, so i dont want to bother with pre-compiled ones with different libs links.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 30, 2009, 08:12:16 am »

Since I started anew (I had gotten myself into a bind with some difficult to solve problems that I didn't want to deal with early on and so I did a regen. Plus there were some things I felt I could have done differently.) So, I'll probably use DT now that I only have my founding 7 atm, so it will be easier to take in all the info.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #442 on: October 30, 2009, 12:33:51 pm »

Sorry if it was already answered, but didn't find it. How do i compile it on linux? Gentoo here, so i dont want to bother with pre-compiled ones with different libs links.
If you have Qt installed, you should just be able checkout the code from SVN (info on the project's "source" tab).

cd into the checked out directory
qmake
make

If all goes well you should have a DwarfTherapist binary sitting in the directory now. Run it and pray!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 30, 2009, 02:08:10 pm »

A slight bug, when I pinned the app shortcut to the start menu, it gave me a 'I don't know this version' error, but when I loaded it straight from the folder, it worked fine. I think it may be a Windows Vista thing. I'll try it with a shortcut on the desktop.

Edit: When I made the shortcut on the desktop and started it up, it worked fine. I saw it showed up on the start menu, closed the program, started it up, worked fine, closed it again, pinned that shortcut to the top of the start menu and works fine. So, therefore, it's just Windows Vista bieng weird or it just didn't like to be started up in the way I first tried.

Edit: Minor gripe here, shouldn't Forge Barrel be Crafting Barrel? Especially if said task is bieng done by a carpenter.

Oh yea, the details screen looks really cool, definetly useful.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 02:39:27 pm by smjjames »

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 30, 2009, 07:06:37 pm »

A slight bug, when I pinned the app shortcut to the start menu, it gave me a 'I don't know this version' error...

Yeah, in XP, I copied the DT link, and pasted a shortcut - I got a "no ~~~.dll" errour (sorry, can't remember which, could try to recreate it.)  But when I made a shortcut in the same folder (1 click), then moved that shortcut to where I wanted it, it worked fine. Odd.

The "rename these views" thing was at first disconcerting and then annoying, but it worked fine.  And having my old views automatically uploaded - priceless. (I hadn't downloaded 4.1 yet for exactly that reason!)

The pop-up when hovering over dwarves is getting unwieldy - I have some thoughts, will post a feature request.

But overall, very nice!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 01, 2009, 08:08:21 am »

Hey, I just discovered something. I don't know whether its been mentioned before, but when you are at the supplies screen, it shows the founding 7! Pretty cool huh?

I'm not going to touch anything though since I certainly don't want to break anything.

Edit: It shows them as skill-less peasants (even though I have allocated points for one of them), so I probably couldn't do anything, but bieng able to look at the trait info is useful.

Edit2: All but one of my starting 7 is male, heh.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:11:58 am by smjjames »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 01, 2009, 11:19:50 am »

You can actually look at traits, etc. in the game as well - you don't need Therapist for that...
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 01, 2009, 11:31:53 am »

You can actually look at traits, etc. in the game as well - you don't need Therapist for that...

True, but you can look at the raw numbers with DT, which is what I meant. I was mainly going wow cool at the fact that I could look at the starting 7 pre-embark.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #448 on: November 01, 2009, 12:32:43 pm »

Hey, I just discovered something. I don't know whether its been mentioned before, but when you are at the supplies screen, it shows the founding 7! Pretty cool huh?

I'm not going to touch anything though since I certainly don't want to break anything.

Edit: It shows them as skill-less peasants (even though I have allocated points for one of them), so I probably couldn't do anything, but bieng able to look at the trait info is useful.

Edit2: All but one of my starting 7 is male, heh.

One important thing to realize is that DT is only showing you a snapshot of your game. So yes it will show dwarves at the embark screen, and it would even show the skills you allocated if you refreshed it. But always remember when you use DT that you are looking at a frozen-in-time snapshot of what the game looked like when you launched DT. You can always hit the "reload dwarves" button and refresh the data.

And thanks for the feedback!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 01, 2009, 12:43:38 pm »

One important thing to realize is that DT is only showing you a snapshot of your game. So yes it will show dwarves at the embark screen, and it would even show the skills you allocated if you refreshed it. But always remember when you use DT that you are looking at a frozen-in-time snapshot of what the game looked like when you launched DT. You can always hit the "reload dwarves" button and refresh the data.

I know that, it works the same way as Dwarf Manager, so I'm used to it.

It did show the skills that I allocated after I actually embarked, but I don't think it showed them when I was still allocating them at the supplies screen. It really isn't a big deal as DT probably can't change anything until after you actually strike the earth.

I don't think DM has the capability of showing the dwarves in pre-embark limbo, which is why it surprised me a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 124