Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620865 times)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.1 10/6/09 see first post)
« Reply #405 on: October 16, 2009, 12:27:05 pm »

Then if no "center on" another suggestion:
My research shows that 576 bytes into the creature is his age (6 bytes or so) is his age. This would be a nice little thing to have in DTherapist
is that 576 decimal or hex? And are you referring to windows 40d16? I agree that could be useful to folks.
yes, windows 40d16 and decimal.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 18, 2009, 03:57:12 pm »

Code: [Select]
Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.     

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

When ever I try to download this I get this error. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
I am using Firefox as my browser
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #407 on: October 18, 2009, 05:39:46 pm »

Connection Interrupted

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

When ever I try to download this I get this error. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
You're getting that error on the project download page?

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 18, 2009, 08:08:30 pm »

Connection Interrupted

You're getting that error on the project download page?

Well I just downloaded it on another computer and then used my USB to put it on mine but the problem was that I got that error when I clicked on the DwarfTherapist-0.4.1.zip download.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 19, 2009, 12:17:12 am »

Is there any chance you could remove the new version notification? It's incredibly annoying as it tends to take a couple of moments from program start to check it (depending on intertube connection, I'm guessing), and during those moments the program totally freezes. Or at least make it not freeze the program while checking.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #410 on: October 19, 2009, 11:31:33 am »

Is there any chance you could remove the new version notification? It's incredibly annoying as it tends to take a couple of moments from program start to check it (depending on intertube connection, I'm guessing), and during those moments the program totally freezes. Or at least make it not freeze the program while checking.
That is odd. The web-request to check the version is a background thread. It should not be freezing the UI. Do you have a software firewall that is maybe opening a window behind DT?

Also, version check at startup is an option in the latest version, so you can just turn it off if it gives your trouble.

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 19, 2009, 11:32:33 am »

There's an option for that already.
Akur Akir Akam!

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 21, 2009, 10:43:22 pm »

I just wanted to say the next release is looking frickn great and is going to have some super hot action in it. 

That's all i'm gonna say, but we all should worship at the shrine of chmod's grundle. Mod, not to steal your thunder but had to tease folks a little. Your work and progress is astonishing.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #413 on: October 22, 2009, 12:15:48 am »

I just wanted to say the next release is looking frickn great and is going to have some super hot action in it. 

That's all i'm gonna say, but we all should worship at the shrine of chmod's grundle. Mod, not to steal your thunder but had to tease folks a little. Your work and progress is astonishing.
Hey thanks man! I'm now working on the incredibly boring method of doing gridview upgrades. Since there are so many new column types in the next version, I don't want people to miss out on them, by making them delete the old ones and import the new ones. Gonna be tricky. Maybe I can just "accidentally" delete everyone's settings and write the new ones out, but this is going to be an ongoing process as new things are added, and I need a better user-story for it.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 22, 2009, 12:59:03 am »

That is odd. The web-request to check the version is a background thread. It should not be freezing the UI. Do you have a software firewall that is maybe opening a window behind DT?

Also, version check at startup is an option in the latest version, so you can just turn it off if it gives your trouble.

...Oop.  :-[
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #415 on: October 22, 2009, 08:47:26 pm »

Hey thanks man! I'm now working on the incredibly boring method of doing gridview upgrades. Since there are so many new column types in the next version, I don't want people to miss out on them, by making them delete the old ones and import the new ones. Gonna be tricky. Maybe I can just "accidentally" delete everyone's settings and write the new ones out, but this is going to be an ongoing process as new things are added, and I need a better user-story for it.

You could always have a "first time run" pop-up that asks you which setting they want to keep, and what of the new stuff they want to add.  It'd be a pain to update for each new version though.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 22, 2009, 09:32:15 pm »

I noticed that a child gets its own immigration wave, would it be possible to assign a baby to the same wave as its mother?
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

njero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 22, 2009, 10:23:50 pm »

Hmmm, 0.4.0 and 0.4.1 aren't working for me on XP. I'd open an issue and upload the .log files, but even with -trace on I'm not getting much. Pretty uninformative repetition steps too, I double-click the program, it windows thinks for a second, and then I get the classic "DwarfTherapist.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anything I can do to get you some more detail? I'm really bummed, your recent improvements have been fascinating!
Do you by chance have an AMD processor? I think this is a confirmed fixed bug. I got more aggressive with compiler optimization at the 4.0 point and set a requirement for SSE2 (which I thought all modern processors supported) but apparently Athlon's don't get it :)

It will be fixed in the forthcoming 0.4.2 if this is the case.
AMD Athlon XP... 2000 I think. Not one of my custom built babies (which have all since died at my hand), so I don't know its specs off hand.

I'll be content to wait for 0.4.2, and hope that does the trick!
these aren't buzzards, they're cliff racers!

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #418 on: October 25, 2009, 07:12:45 pm »

Hmmm, 0.4.0 and 0.4.1 aren't working for me on XP. I'd open an issue and upload the .log files, but even with -trace on I'm not getting much. Pretty uninformative repetition steps too, I double-click the program, it windows thinks for a second, and then I get the classic "DwarfTherapist.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anything I can do to get you some more detail? I'm really bummed, your recent improvements have been fascinating!
Do you by chance have an AMD processor? I think this is a confirmed fixed bug. I got more aggressive with compiler optimization at the 4.0 point and set a requirement for SSE2 (which I thought all modern processors supported) but apparently Athlon's don't get it :)

It will be fixed in the forthcoming 0.4.2 if this is the case.
AMD Athlon XP... 2000 I think. Not one of my custom built babies (which have all since died at my hand), so I don't know its specs off hand.

I'll be content to wait for 0.4.2, and hope that does the trick!
Yep, Athlons can't run 0.4.1 since I screwed up some compile flags. 0.4.2 should be ready very soon! Sorry for the long wait.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #419 on: October 25, 2009, 07:16:42 pm »

You could always have a "first time run" pop-up that asks you which setting they want to keep, and what of the new stuff they want to add.  It'd be a pain to update for each new version though.
So I've solved this in the following manner. From now on (0.4.2+) DT will come with a set of compiled in "default views." These cannot be edited, but can be copied. The copies can be edited, or you can create wholly new custom views. Your custom views will be kept between versions and can be imported/exported as usual.

The only ugly part is going to be the upgrade from 0.4.1 to 0.4.2. Where if you had old "custom views" that use the names of what are now "built-in" views, you will be forced to rename them on first launch. It's ugly but there is no data-loss, and seems to be the best way forward.

I noticed that a child gets its own immigration wave, would it be possible to assign a baby to the same wave as its mother?
Unfortunately, the immigration wave grouping method is pure guesswork based on in-game creature ids. There is no sure-fire way to know when a dwarf showed up (that I have found). So take it or leave it, but it won't ever be 100% correct :)
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 124